RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Prometheus: 4.5 stars out of 10.

Good visuals & decent action are betrayed by poor scripting, which was really lackluster & poorly executed. It was clunky, full of ridiculous character motivations, lacking in narrative clarity and went downhill into borderline stupidity toward the end. It wasn't a bad movie per se, and in IMAX 3D it was very cool to look at. And it did have a fair amount of intrigue and action...but it's all triggered by a lot of smart people doing a lot of very dumb things. I expect more than that from a Ridley Scott movie...that kind of stuff belongs in a teenage horror movie. The only questions I was left asking were "what the hell were you people thinking?"

But did it swing? Could you dance to it?

Being a drummer who specializes in dance beats it most definitely did not swing...it lumbered.

The Devil Inside 2.5-5.0

Had some decent scares, but nothing special here. Ending might piss you off.

The Wire-5.0-5.0 finally finished this masterpiece of a show. Believe the praise this show gets as one of the greatest tv dramas of all time. Truly amazing.

Prometheus - 7.5/10

It is DEFINITELY a prequel to Alien. I think the characters weren't as well fleshed out as they should have been and the screenplay was poor in many places.

Pacing was also off in the beginning I think.

But overall really enjoyed it and look fwd to sequels leading up to the events in Alien :)

You can guess, but we didn't see anything in the movie that would obviously lead to Alien.

I assume you're thinking that Shaw is the Space Jockey from Alien?

are you kidding me. See your looking at it from the stand point of the movies, im looking at it from the overall aspect that the alien we seen at the end is basically the first step in the mutation process of what will become the aliens. It was the first step in the evolutionary process which is why not all of them looked the same, it didnt become bipedal til that starfish looking creature impregnated the big guy at the end. You cant tell me that wasnt the first life of what would become the alien.

are you kidding me. See your looking at it from the stand point of the movies, im looking at it from the overall aspect that the alien we seen at the end is basically the first step in the mutation process of what will become the aliens. It was the first step in the evolutionary process which is why not all of them looked the same, it didnt become bipedal til that starfish looking creature impregnated the big guy at the end. You cant tell me that wasnt the first life of what would become the alien.
Then what about the mural that shows a Xenomorph and two people/engineers getting facehugged by a...facehugger in the bottom corners? Or the painting/carving of two Xenomorph hands holding an egg?

Snow White and the Huntsman - 7/10
Goon - 7/10
Whisper of the Heart - 8/10
Prometheus - 9/10

Then what about the mural that shows a Xenomorph and two people/engineers getting facehugged by a...facehugger in the bottom corners? Or the painting/carving of two Xenomorph hands holding an egg?

Exactly the xenomorphs were on other planets as well in which this xenomorph coming out was the begining stages of what eventually mutates/evolves into what we know. Like I said I think were just looking at this from two points of view. Im not saying your wrong, but Im also still saying that this happened before the Alien movie Your looking at it from just a movie to movie aspect and Im looking at it like a grand scale, theyve used these weapons on other planets before and for example before the alien movie.

Why are you all still using spoiler tags?

Because Im sure there are a bunch of people who post in here who havent seen it. Id rather be cautious about it than ruin someones movie experience.

Im done talking about it anyways. :wave

Because Im sure there are a bunch of people who post in here who havent seen it. Id rather be cautious about it than ruin someones movie experience.

Im done talking about it anyways. :wave

It's not a big deal. It is just that every detail of the movie is plastered all over every aspect of the media so it seems like waste of time to bother with it, to me.

If I read any spoilers, i'd be so ____ing pissed. I'm glad I knew as little as I did. Kinda....

It's not a big deal. It is just that every detail of the movie is plastered all over every aspect of the media so it seems like waste of time to bother with it, to me.
Well again see Im not one who reads spoilers and if theres a movie I want to see I avoid stuff on it all together even trailers. I'll watch the initial trailers, but after that Im done and will no longer watch them or read into anything.
If I read any spoilers, i'd be so ____ing pissed. I'm glad I knew as little as I did. Kinda....

Im with you man, I cant stand spoilers. I know theres people who havent seen it yet.

Was confused for a while, thought this was the Prometheus thread...

Warrior 10/10 and I don't give out 10's easily. Great great movie.

Madagascar 3 - 7/10

great movie to watch with your kids

Why are you all still using spoiler tags?

In the non-Prometheus thread I think its appropriate as someone avoiding spoilers there may not expect them here. I know I'd have been annoyed if I read some of these and hadn't seen the movie yet. But if I went into the main Prometheus thread it would be my own fault.

It precedes Alien.

John Carter of Mars 6/10. I liked it. It could have been better but I enjoyed it. They def could make a sequel but with the amount of money they lost I won't hold my breath.

I agree with both of your points... clearly it precedes ALIEN, but does not directly tie into it. Where you go with it from there is really just conjecture at this point.

And I'd also give John Carter from Mars: 6/10

You can tell a lot of work went into it, but in the end the movie was kind of rushed/sloppy feeling at points so it was hard to follow and a bit disinteresting at times. Certainly not as bad as it was made out to be, but with a bit of work I think it could have been really good.

I watched on Monday finally The Avengers 11/10.Epic action movie.Hulk was awesome.

Back