RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Do you think the character of "Bane" will come forth and find a place in popular culture?

I haven't seen it yet, but my guess is that this vaults Bane into the top tier of Batman villains.

It takes something like a big movie to do that ... particularly for those villains that weren't featured in the old 1960s series/movie. The big 60s villians -- Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman -- are cultural icons. BF and TDK did it for Two Face ... though he was already a bit known. BTAS, and to some extent B&R, did it for Mr. Freeze.

This will do it for Bane.

SnakeDoc

The Lady Vanishes - 7/10 - The first 1/3 was very slow, but the last 2/3 was pretty enjoyable.

The Amazing Spider-Man 6/10

Better than I expected.

Last edited:

Feeling a bit under the weather the last two days so I revisited a couple of classic flicks:

Over the Top: 6/10

Title says it all... completely over the top (yet somehow still charming) flick. I love how in the 80's every movie seemed to need a child to motivate the main character :lol

Universal Soldier: 4/10

Not really good at all... but still a fun watch for the cheese factor.

Where are the classics? :lol

Feeling a bit under the weather the last two days so I revisited a couple of classic flicks:

Over the Top: 6/10

Title says it all... completely over the top (yet somehow still charming) flick. I love how in the 80's every movie seemed to need a child to motivate the main character :lol

Universal Soldier: 4/10

Not really good at all... but still a fun watch for the cheese factor.

I like Over the Top.Gives me that good old 80's feeling.The only thing that drags this movie down a bit is the Kid.Annoying character,terrible acting.

Fixed that for ya:wink1:

:lol

There were some things in that movie that I really didn't like, most people wouldn't understand. The previous Spider-Man actor would totally get me. Can you solve the riddle? :panic:

I rated Amazing Spider-Man 5/10 because i felt like i was watching the first movie again.I didn't care much about a reboot to begin with either so i went to the theatre with low expectations,still...I wasn't impressed.

If you're gonna do a reboot allready,at least be creative enough to come up with something new and fresh like Nolan did with the Batman movies.

The Dark Knight Rises finishes the trilogy on an epic scale. Filled with well known faces, and some unknown, the movie hails back to it's predecessors while making it's own voice heard loud and clear. However there is one voice in this movie that isn't load and clear. Even with voice dubbing, Bane's dialogue proves hard to understand at many times throughout the movie. But while it's hard to fully understand, it is most certainly menacing. Bane is a ferocious character, a monster in the eyes of those who know him. He may not be the charismatic madman the Joker was, but he knows how to drive a city into chaos, and how to strike fear into it's citizens.

Catwomen also deserves a mention for her charm, wits and heart. Anne Hathaway has done a stand out job, but it's nothing we haven't seen from her. You get what you came for is the best way to describe her character. As always Christian Bale executes Batman perfectly, but this time around he injects so much more emotion and determination into the role. As he must learn to rise from the shadows, he must also learn to embrace fear, and use it as his strength. Honourable mentions go out to all the usual cast members, but I don't want to say much else. Biggest gripe which will affect the score; first half hour or so was lacking severely. Trying to set up the multiple plot points has revealed Nolans weakness. But fear not, the last 2 and a bit hours are awesome:rock

The Dark Knight Rises
- 9/10

Decided to watch these again before TDKR.

Batman Begins 7.5/10 - enjoyable reboot to the franchise. I felt this movie had more Bruce Wayne/Batman than its sequel. Some miscasting with the former Mrs Cruise. Woman cannot act and she took me out of the picture every time she appeared on screen. Michael Cain, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and to a lesser extent Bale were all excellent.

The Dark Knight 8/10 slightly superior sequel, at least one more mark for the use of true IMAX. Really gave an epic appearance to the movie. While the Joker rightly gets alot of the plaudits in this movie I felt that Aaron Eckarts performance as Harvey Dent and then Two Face was the more compelling and tragic villain/character. Again good solid performances by all actors.

A Thousand Words - 6.5/10
- Eddie Murphy, what has happened to you?

The Three Stooges - 4/10
- Horrible. Just horrible.

American Reunion - 7/10
- Watched this after "Stooges" so I'm not sure if that made this movie better. :dunno

Shawshank Redemption - 100/10
- No explanation needed.

The Grey - 7.5/10
- Just love the badass Liam Neeson! :yess:

The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10
- Not on par with TDK but still a good movie. Some parts felt like it dragged on for me.

Ted - 7/10
- Basically Family Guy on the big screen.

Disturbia. 10/10.

made in 2007 but if you haven't watched yet you really should.

Back