RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Heat, my first viewing, expected more really, but Pacino blew me away every time he was on screen. 7/10

Do I actually need to watch Gods of the Arena first?

I was going to since it came out before season 2..but since it's supposed to be a prequel I figured I'd just watch season 2 first.
I'm only one episode in season two so far.

Oh, and it really isn't the same without Andy Whitfield. Damn.

Heat, my first viewing, expected more really, but Pacino blew me away every time he was on screen. 7/10

87bca037e02268ee43fb51b4d9a967cc.jpg

Dead to me.

I was going to since it came out before season 2..but since it's supposed to be a prequel I figured I'd just watch season 2 first.

There is some character arcs in season 2 that take up from Gods of the Arena so I would say yes, watch that first. In fact more than just character arcs, theres some important characters you meet for the first time in GotA and you won't know why you're supposed to give a crap about them when they appear in season 2.

Gods of the Arena is AMAZING. It's a prequel that really has fantastic writing and in no way whatsoever feels like a cheap cash in. In some ways it's almost better than Season 1. And Gannicus is a BADASS new character.

I am truly amazed at how good Spartacus is. At first I thought it was just 300 meets Playboy (as everyone was saying), but 3 episodes in it was clear that there was more to this show than just T&A. The acting and writing is beyond brilliant. Jupiter's caulk!

Yeah I never really had any interest in the show..but damn, season one was amazing. I watched the entire season in 3 days. :lol

Just finished watching S2E2, but I guess I'll stop there and watch Gods of the Arena first.

This scene was so epic it made me tear up. :lol

"There is but one path...we kill them all"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swAY-eecVuc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swAY-eecVuc[/ame]

Yeah, you definitely have to watch Gods of the Arena first, the relationship between Gannicus and Oenamaus that develops there plays a big part in Spartacus: Vengeance.

How was the story?

Everyone I've heard mention this movie only mentions the fights. I've got the blu-ray sitting here, and I keep putting off watching because I get the vibe that it's nothing but fights. I even heard it described as the Itchy and Scratchy martial arts movie. :lol

Everyone I've heard mention this movie only mentions the fights. I've got the blu-ray sitting here, and I keep putting off watching because I get the vibe that it's nothing but fights. I even heard it described as the Itchy and Scratchy martial arts movie. :lol

You know, that's exactly what I am thinking. lol

Nacho Libre - 6.5/10
Weird... quirky... but I thought it was a fun watch. Nothing too special but pretty good for after a long day of work.

BRONSON 8.5/10
Just watched on Netflix. Just an insane, dark, wild, weird, British ride! CHEERS!

Back