RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I guess i'm the only one who was disappointed by that. It could've been more. But it was really, really simple. And while Hardy stole the show, the characters were really under developed. I don't understand why the movie wasn't a character piece.

Still, it got better in the second half, and I enjoyed it for the most part once I realized what it was, vs what I wanted.

Still. It seemed like a movie that was probably more, but was cut down for some reason. Gary Oldman had less then 3 minutes of screen time. And the other brother was bearly in it.

I guess i'm the only one who was disappointed by that. It could've been more. But it was really, really simple. And while Hardy stole the show, the characters were really under developed. I don't understand why the movie wasn't a character piece.

Still, it got better in the second half, and I enjoyed it for the most part once I realized what it was, vs what I wanted.

Still. It seemed like a movie that was probably more, but was cut down for some reason. Gary Oldman had less then 3 minutes of screen time. And the other brother was bearly in it.

I agree the film was slightly flat. I think I was expecting a little more also. I rated it 8 based on the fact it looked beautiful like any Hillcoat film and I thought the performances were spot on, especially Hardy.

Loved the score also.

It was very well shot. I did enjoy the film overall. I'd give it a 7.

Guy Pierce was wonderfully campy. I loved it.

I wanted to give Cricket a hug. :( Poor wittle feller.

COMA (2012) 3/10

It had a decent cast and yet the story was all over the place. I prefer the original version with Michael Douglas so much more. That original version took it's time developing the overall conspiracy and there was a clear tension throughout.

This version just seemed rushed and completely disjointed.

Battleship 8/10

I know this probably isn't the typical score but I really enjoyed this movie. The acting was horrible, the story was full of cliches and let's not talk about attempting to restart a mothballed battleship in 20 minutes or having live ammo on a museum!

But even with that, I found myself really enjoying the entire thing. I particularly enjoyed the scene where the main character's are plotting the enemy vessel movement and targetting them like in the board game. I actually felt a legitimate tension during that scene.

Great popcorn flick!

Ended up watching 2 Colin Farrell films last night

Tigerland - 8/10

SWAT - 6/10

Some familiar faces in Tigerland - that guy something Shannon whose playing Zod in the new Superman and a guy from The Vampire Diaries.

Still, it was an epic scene! :yess:

Is it silly that I teared up ?

I mean, I have a spot in my heart for all who serve our country .. but when I see any depiction of our older veterans and how they would still at the drop of a dime commit themselves to protect our nation, it just hits home.

Dream House - I-am-sorry-to-everyone-for-wasting-your-time-by-making-you-read-this-post/10.

Ended up watching 2 Colin Farrell films last night

Tigerland - 8/10

SWAT - 6/10

Some familiar faces in Tigerland - that guy something Shannon whose playing Zod in the new Superman and a guy from The Vampire Diaries.
Don't feel bad for not remembering. Michael is a very uncommon name. :lol

The GRAY i give it a 7 cant say much about this movie except WOLVES will ATTACK your Fear in this one.....

^ Isn't Daniel Craig in that?

Yes...and he needs to go back to being James Bond.

To be honest, though. It was more...and I mean MUCH more...the story than it was the acting. Overall, the acting didn't suck. It wasn't great, but it didn't suck.

The story was really stupid. And...

The way they cheesed out a weak, far-too-easy ending...

was almost insulting.

Young Adult: 4/10

Funny concept, but the movie seemed to struggle with if it was supposed to be funny or serious. And when serious content dropped it often felt out of place.

And one interesting thing I thought I'd like:
Is the end there is zero character development... in most of these films the "bad person" learns a lesson and changes. So I applaud them for not going that way, but in the end the movie was a bit of a mess so even that surprise didn't help and the movie just felt pointless.

Back