RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Moonrise Kingdom - 9/10

Another brilliant Wes Anderson film. So quirky and fantastic. The acting was especially brilliant, even from the kids. Surprisingly very funny as well.

You had the HMV Steelbook on order right Teddy ?.
Did you have the problems with the freezing ?. HMV are sending out replacement discs apparently.

No I didn't mate, but that's funny you should say that. I got mine from Blockbuster and took it back due to the freezing. I haven't checked the replacement thinking I just had a faulty disc, but that sounds quite dodgy.

Last Action Hero - 9/10 !!

I recently picked it up on Blu Ray @ best Buy. i totally forgot about this movie as when i first saw this in the 90s i LOVED THIS!!! This was my go to movie growing up!!

This is a one of a kind movie IMO. Great action, lots of heart, just a true popcorn blockbuster!

Have no clue how they called it a box office failure. :cuckoo:

No I didn't mate, but that's funny you should say that. I got mine from Blockbuster and took it back due to the freezing. I haven't checked the replacement thinking I just had a faulty disc, but that sounds quite dodgy.

It's the whole batch apparently. Check the new disc mate , if Blockbuster aren't willing to send out replacements which I doubt you'd probably be best returning it and buying another copy when the problems sorted.
That's if it bothers you enough of course.

Last Action Hero - 9/10 !!

I recently picked it up on Blu Ray @ best Buy. i totally forgot about this movie as when i first saw this in the 90s i LOVED THIS!!! This was my go to movie growing up!!

This is a one of a kind movie IMO. Great action, lots of heart, just a true popcorn blockbuster!

Yep, I don't understand why this film isn't appreciated more. It was talked about briefly in an Arnie interview in the latest issue of Empire and there wasn't really anything nice said about it. I don't understand. I think its biggest problem was going up against Jurassic Park in the cinema that year.

Voor, they don't have too. But come on.

Because it has nothing to do with books. The movie is ALL about deconstructing horror movies. Not books. It's film talking about film. You can't deconstruct film with a book. It wouldn't work.

And the bad acting was intentional.

I'm butt hurt by ignorance. :lol

:lolOh is that the reason? :rolleyes::yuck

The movie sucked, it's not nearly as clever as it pretends to be. It's biggest problem was that its meant to be funny and scary, but fails at both. The intentional bad acting was also kind of lame. And I find it hilarious that you say cabin in the woods "Deconstructs" horror movies. The Truman Show meets Evil Dead meets The Cube. :rotfl

If the movie sucked why'd you give it a 6.5? If it was that horrible wouldn't it qualify for a lower score?

And yes. It's very much a homage to horror movies, and does deconstruct them.

Have no clue how they called it a box office failure. :cuckoo:

Because it was. :lol

Both critically AND financially. It lost $26 million dollars and pretty much every top critic said it was trash. It has a small cult following now but that doesn't change the fact that when it originally came out it bombed.

Because it was. :lol

Both critically AND financially. It lost $26 million dollars and pretty much every top critic said it was trash. It has a small cult following now but that doesn't change the fact that when it originally came out it bombed.

It costed 85 mill to make and took in 50 mill domestically. Worldwide it made 137 mill. So it failed miserably domestically but did make a small profit overall. I suppose when comparing it to T2 (released 2 years earlier) it was a huge failure.

Resident Evil Damnation 8/10
Resident Evil Retribution 7/10
The Avengers 10/10

It costed 85 mill to make and took in 50 mill domestically. Worldwide it made 137 mill. So it failed miserably domestically but did make a small profit overall.

No, it lost $27 million. That's the official loss (Sony!?) declared. Remember, movie studio's don't rake in 100% of the box office. And money that's spent for promotion isn't included in the budget number either. So all in all, after everything was said and done that flick lost $27 million.

I think the backlash was from when The Last Action Hero was originally released. The advertising and promotion at the time didn't prepare people they were about to see a satire. It looked like it was going to be another straight-forward action flick. John McTiernan was directing, he's best known for the first Die Hard and Hunt for Red October. Schwarzenegger had just been in T2. Many people were expecting a new Ahhnuld film franchise.

No, it lost $27 million. That's the official loss (Sony!?) declared. Remember, movie studio's don't rake in 100% of the box office. And money that's spent for promotion isn't included in the budget number either. So all in all, after everything was said and done that flick lost $27 million.

Well I was just going by box office mojo. :monkey1

That site's good for the raw numbers (Budget, Domestic/Foreign Gross) but doesn't take into account all the stuff I mentioned above.

At the time they were released, I thought LAH was superior to Jurassic Park. True story. I was 13 years old, but that's no excuse.

The Avengers: 9/10

Knocked a point off because this is one that almost has to be seen in a theater.

Back