RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I didn't catch the "so how good ARE most films" line, so I don't entirely agree. :lol

But I do think the film is the film. And when you take things away from it, it loses it's impact. Regardless.

Unless it's something like Resident Evil where the violence doesn't make it any better or worse, usually most good flicks use violence correctly.

Or languge. You lose the impact of John McClain saying "Yippie Ki Yay Mother ****er" if you replace it with "Mister Falcon" or something else. The line doesn't work, and it's not funny or clever. It just is.

Or the scene where Vince blows off poor Marvin's head in Pulp. Sure, you can cut it out, and it wouldn't change the flick, but that jump and massive amount of violent shock is lost.

tumblr_livhi6uXLd1qi7deco1_500.gif

Saved. :lol

The Avengers: 9/10

2 times in one day. :rock :lol

Looper 8/10. Was very surprised how much I liked this movie. I love time travel films that mess with your head a bit. JGL continues to impress.

Halloween (2007) - 7/10

I think as far as Michael's beginning story and how he came to be was great, but all that **** with the stupid teenage girls was quite annoying. I still love it though. :)

The Avengers (with Whedon's commentary, which was HILARIOUS). 10/10.

Next time watching, it's going to be 5 times in 3 days. :rotfl

I don't think special effects are the only thing some people mean when they talk about a movie being dated though - it can be anything from the tone to political incorrectness and whatnot, cartoony or overly choreographed action or something. Having said that this sort of stuff can also be 'part of the charm' as you said.

Fashion too :lol

The fashion world does annoy me, the way a celebrity can't ever be seen wearing the same thing twice lest it be pointed out and frowned upon in some magazine. Ridiculous.

PREDATOR IS A 10/10 Godammit MEYAHRGHHHEYARGHHH YOU SETT US APP!

Back