RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Octopussy - 7/10

I enjoy this one for the most part. As with all these old Bond films, very much of its time. The tarzan bit was terrible, did Bond make that sound? Overall though I think its a better put together film than any of Moores previous Bonds.

^ That's one of two Bond movies I can't stand to watch. It's to me the second worst film in the whole series.

A View To A Kill is by far, hands down the worst.

For Your Eyes Only is Moores best, IMO.

That being said...

Dr. No- 8/10 Great movie overall. The Blu Ray is fantastic, and i love how hardcore Connery is in this movie. "You've had your six". :D

^ That's one of two Bond movies I can't stand to watch. It's to me the second worst film in the whole series.

A View To A Kill is by far, hands down the worst.

For Your Eyes Only is Moores best, IMO.

That being said...

Dr. No- 8/10 Great movie overall. The Blu Ray is fantastic, and i love how hardcore Connery is in this movie. "You've had your six". :D

FYEO I watched yesterday - I dunno. That opening sequence with Blofeld, the 70s action music (even if it was now the 80s), the annoying teenage girl.

I do probably have more childhood nostalgia attached to Octopussy and View to a Kill though. Kind of Indiana Jones-esque Bond films.

It's the humor. It doesn't work for me. It's just so goofy, even for Bond standards.

I can handle goofy dwarfs, trip nips, and even to a degree, a large steel jawed man falling in love with a nerdy pig taled girl...but Tarzan yell? Bond's rise from the dead? Him as a clown?

Eh, I draw the line. I never really liked those movies anyway.

Oh undoubtedly they do things in these films that you just wouldn't do with Bond today. But even Pierce Brosnans films are dated in their own way already.

Well, it isn't datedness that bothers me, I can watch and appreciate most of the Bond flicks for what they are, and the time they were in. But eh...those flicks just don't work for me on that level.

Moonraker works better for me there. Star Wars just came out...and it's all the rage...of course Bond went to space. :D

I of course watched Moonraker the other day. I can't believe how routine they, in only the late 70s, thought space-flight was or could be. ''Oh we've detected a large object in space - send up a ship full of space commandos with lazer guns to investigate and destroy it, easy peasy''.

Back then, and probably still today if they were doing it, they were sending people to the moon not really knowing for sure if they could even get them home and no possibility of rescue.

Octopussy - 7/10

I enjoy this one for the most part. As with all these old Bond films, very much of its time. The tarzan bit was terrible, did Bond make that sound? Overall though I think its a better put together film than any of Moores previous Bonds.

I just watched this one tonight and was just coming on here to rate it actually...5/10...Horrible film and didn't age well IMO. I cringed and laughed at the same time when Octopussy said "My father loved Octopi, and that's why he called me Octopussy" or something to that effect. Any dad that would nickname their daughter with the word ***** in it, is just creepy :lol

tumblr_mbuyo2rX2K1ri08goo1_500.gif

Brüno - 6/10
I laughed, laughed a lot actually, but overall this movie is nothing more than to point out people and their intolerances.
A good watch, but I can't see this having any rewatch-value.

The Amazing Spiderman - 6/10

It's Spiderman. Again. But with some pretty bad lizard cgi...

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter: 7.5/10 (Loved the book, wasn't a fan of some the changes, but still an ok adaptation)

Dark Shadows 9/10
I thought everything about this movie rocked. Quirky characters and surprisingly vicious vampires!

The Raven 8/10
Wasn't expecting much from this one but I really liked the dark and dreary feeling to the whole story.

SAFE 6/10
It's a much more complex Statham movie than I was expecting. Having said that it was kind of light on impressive action and the ending was a bit of a letdown.

Prometheus 9/10
Watched it again on Blu-ray with my wife. She thought it was disgusting I thought it was great.

Road to Perdition is a fantastic movie.

But why did they have to give Gangster Squad such a bad name? The trailer looks great, but I fear that silly name will put a lot of folks off.

Back