RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Can I be biased? :lol (cough cough Shawshank Redemption)

Honestly though, Fight Club, Avengers, TDK, TDKR, BTTF trilogy are amongst the most impressive.

My pick was biased. :lol

Shawshank is a pretty good Blu. Amazing looking, nice cover art, and good features.

Back to the Future trilogy is on sale at Target for 35 bucks. So no brainer i'm going to pick that up.

I remember the day I impulsively bought the Alien Anthology for $110 at target.

....then noticed it was going for $40 on Amazon.

I got it for $30

My sound system is a hand-me-down, probably couldn't even take advantage of the superior sound. Yeah its Dolby Digital 5.1 amp, I have 3 front speakers but no surround speakers. The room is too small to space them apart appropriately. Y'know my movie watching experience isn't a big priority for me right now. Seeing the films is enough for me over and above the quality of the experience.

Put a BR player on your wedding list :pray: :lol

My sound system is a hand-me-down, probably couldn't even take advantage of the superior sound. Yeah its Dolby Digital 5.1 amp, I have 3 front speakers but no surround speakers. The room is too small to space them apart appropriately. Y'know my movie watching experience isn't a big priority for me right now. Seeing the films is enough for me over and above the quality of the experience.

Hey it's all good. To be honest some Blu Ray movies are a joke (conversion) Best example is The Terminator. One of the worst transfers ever imo.

My pick was biased. :lol

Shawshank is a pretty good Blu. Amazing looking, nice cover art, and good features.

Back to the Future trilogy is on sale at Target for 35 bucks. So no brainer i'm going to pick that up.

$35 for the trilogy on Blu? Nice. I bought my set when it first came out (usually the best time for the best price) for $45 I think.

Put a BR player on your wedding list :pray: :lol

Oh, I didn't tell you, my wedding is postponed. We were over-optimistic about how much we could save so we're going to stretch it out for longer. Less stressful, less deprivation and happily it means I'm back in on all my Terminator stuff at least. Maybe also back in on DX11.

Oh, I didn't tell you, my wedding is postponed. We were over-optimistic about how much we could save so we're going to stretch it out for longer. Less stressful, less deprivation and happily it means I'm back in on all my Terminator stuff at least. Maybe also back in on DX11.

Well, that sounds like it works better all-round :clap :)

Nnnope. I know the quality is better, I have seen blu-ray in action. But not so much better that I can no longer tolerate little ol' DVD. I don't think the difference is as big as between VHS and DVD for example.

Depending on the size of your display, the difference can be like VHS to DVD.

TDK and TDKR are DEFINITELY a VHS to DVD equivalent step up in quality. No doubt about it. Makes a massive difference to the experience for me.

Most definitely

It really isn't. :D

DVD sucks. Blu Ray is better in every possible way. Not just in picture, but in special features. You can have so much more. And Blu Rays get all the goodies.

I concur

That's one thing that I actually hate about blu-rays. The F-ing soundtrack is always a 100x louder than the dialouge.:gah: Especially in recent BD like TDKR.

It depends on the sound system you have. I don't have that problem. If you have a cheap system that you have to crank up in the firt place to hear the dialogue, then ya you'll get blasted by the action.

I own 140 Blu Ray movies :horror

I'm at 426 :horror

Hey it's all good. To be honest some Blu Ray movies are a joke (conversion) Best example is The Terminator. One of the worst transfers ever imo.

Get the UK version or just wait a couple of months. The UK remastered version is excellent in every way and they are releasing it in the US.

Yeah well your count would be like trying to compare my Hot Toys collection to Howard Chans :lol

I'm at 426 :horror

Get the UK version or just wait a couple of months. The UK remastered version is excellent in every way and they are releasing it in the US.

426? :horror Suck it IronFingaz :pfft:

I'm a T1/T2 fool so i'll buy any new edition they'd release.

Yeah well your count would be like trying to compare my Hot Toys collection to Howard Chans :lol

426? :horror Suck it IronFingaz :pfft:

I'm a T1/T2 fool so i'll buy any new edition they'd release.

I'm sure he has a lot more than me.

30 days of night - 6.5/10

That vampire language is the goofiest **** I've ever heard. :lol

30 days of night - 6.5/10

That vampire language is the goofiest **** I've ever heard. :lol

Dang - I think I ranked it around 7.5 or an 8 which for me is pretty high for a horror movie.

I'm striking out with all my suggestions. :( :lol

Dang - I think I ranked it around 7.5 or an 8 which for me is pretty high for a horror movie.

I'm striking out with all my suggestions. :( :lol

30 days of night is one of the best vampire movies made because they made them scary. I love the movie, I think it is a really good horror movie.

They haven't been scary in years.

Back