RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Nnnope. I know the quality is better, I have seen blu-ray in action. But not so much better that I can no longer tolerate little ol' DVD. I don't think the difference is as big as between VHS and DVD for example.

Well said. While I do own a blu-ray player, only some of them are a major step up from DVD quality.

TDK and TDKR are DEFINITELY a VHS to DVD equivalent step up in quality. No doubt about it. Makes a massive difference to the experience for me.

OK, maybe I should just come out and say - I don't care enough to bother with Blu Ray. DVD is really as good as I need. :dunno

It really isn't. :D

DVD sucks. Blu Ray is better in every possible way. Not just in picture, but in special features. You can have so much more. And Blu Rays get all the goodies.

Blu Ray is a no brainer, dev. At the very least, when playing DVD's it upgrades the resolution automatically. As for BD's themselves, aside from a crisper picture the sound is phenomenal.

TDK and TDKR are DEFINITELY a VHS to DVD equivalent step up in quality. No doubt about it. Makes a massive difference to the experience for me.

TDK DVD is VHS quality. WB down converted the DVD to heighten the Blu Ray. Gave little to no special features, and pretty much made it so anyone buying the DVD would get the shaft.

Except the Wal-Mart pack. That was sweet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10726993

Blu Ray is a no brainer, dev. At the very least, when playing DVD's it upgrades the resolution automatically. As for BD's themselves, aside from a crisper picture the sound is phenomenal.

That's one thing that I actually hate about blu-rays. The F-ing soundtrack is always a 100x louder than the dialouge.:gah: Especially in recent BD like TDKR.

I've noticed that on blu-ray the sound effects (explosions, door opening, beeping of a button, etc) are 100x louder than the actors' voices. So annoying.

That's one thing that I actually hate about blu-rays. The F-ing soundtrack is always a 100x louder than the dialouge.:gah: Especially in recent BD like TDKR.

I've noticed that on blu-ray the sound effects (explosions, door opening, beeping of a button, etc) are 100x louder than the actors' voices. So annoying.

abe12c5878eefba3bfd0ec96a389bc41.jpg

:horror

I'll second the sound effects thing. I'll turn up the volume so I can hear the dialogue, and then suddenly there's an explosion or something and I come about a foot up out of my chair.

My sound system is a hand-me-down, probably couldn't even take advantage of the superior sound. Yeah its Dolby Digital 5.1 amp, I have 3 front speakers but no surround speakers. The room is too small to space them apart appropriately. Y'know my movie watching experience isn't a big priority for me right now. Seeing the films is enough for me over and above the quality of the experience.

Back