RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

V/H/S 7/10

While I'm a huge horror fan and enjoy well done gore, I have to say that it seemed disjointed at parts (and not because it was various short stories). The thought was there and I'd say...40% of the stories were interesting, I felt some of the stories were quite lacking (also, some just left you confused and not a the good way).

Overall, I'd recommend it to watch but don't expect it to be the best thing you've seen in a while.

I've still not finished VHS. I noticed the trailer for the sequel is already out though. :monkey1

I can understand why people may dislike Zodiac but personally I really liked it.

I love Zodiac too. I love films like that. Slow, procedural films. When something is happening, and you're wondering how close they're going to get to the goal they're trying to meet. Even if you know how it all goes down.

:lecture

Zodiac is an insanely underrated movie IMO. I love it! :rock

The Last Stand - 6/10 - Maybe less. Poor action flick. Only reason to see it is Arnold. Otherise drop it down 2 points.

Nude for Satan - 7/10 - With a title like that, who wouldn't want to see this? Decent horror flick with, of course, some nice looking chick naked, a lot. Nude for Satan. It's just fun to say.

Battle Beyond the Stars - 7/10 - A fun space version of Seven Samurai. It has Man From Uncle and Hannibal Smith lead by John Boy,

The Theatre Bizarre - 5/10 - Horror anthology of mostly junk, but the "Wet Dreams" and "The Accident" segment are pretty good.

Stake Land - 4/10 - Dull zombie vampires flick.

Lips of Blood - 6/10 - More 70's vampire horror with nice nakedness.

Justice League: Doom - 8/10 - Pretty good toon. I think it could translate well into a later Justice League sequel.

Just watched

Death Race 3: Inferno on Netflix.

Initially I wasn't expecting much. Especially after the recycled feel of DR2 which seemed to reuse or say "use" some footage from the 1st film that just didn't make the cut the first go-around on Terminal Island.
Then I saw the trailer for DR3: Inferno and was impressed even less.

So I gave it a chance and I was pleasantly surprised. The change of venue in the movie definitely gives it some freshness it needed. There is also a really twisty storyline that is easy to follow but will have you saying, "Huh?" at the same time. The main thing about this is it is a FUN movie. Action...explosions...and hot chicks abound. The standout of this movie is all the practical car stunts that were performed. (can't stand CGI replacement with cars) The only thing the movie toned down on was the gore factor. Even the Unrated version seemed to be quite tame in that respect.
I'd give it a 7/10, but i'm a sucker for a "car movie".

Django Unchained - 7.5/10
It was a solid film, but nothing outstanding. And that's kinda what I hoped it would be.
The ingredients were there, the recepy just didn't seem right. We got a good story, good actors, the music, the dialogue... It just didn't work the way it was meant to be. I also think there aren't many scenes (if any) that will become classics like some scenes from Tarantino's other films. I thought is was about half an hour too long and fairly predictable.

By no means is it a bad movie, just not what I had expected and I for one just know he can do better than this.

So for me Inglourious Basterds remains to be his masterpiece.

Dead mans shoes - some brilliant performances, 9/10!

Lockout - not the best, not the worst - 7/10

DA LAEHST STAUND: 8/10

****ing fun movie. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you're expecting a great film, you won't find it here. It's almost generic, but it's saved by great direction, and AHNULD. Stylisticly very cool looking. A lot of really cool camera work. AND REAL BLOOD SQUIBS! People's heads are getting blown apart in this, and it's fantastic!

But if you are more interested in having a good story, with well developed characters...then don't bother. It's a classic Arnold film all the way. You're there for HIM. And he does deliver. Good on him.

I will. I'm not cynical. He shot people in the face, and bloody squibs shot out. That's enough for me.

When it comes to dumb action movies starring one of my favorite all time action heroes, I'm pretty easy to please.

But hey. If you don't want to see Arnold again, then don't go. That's fine.

He is one of my favorite movie stars too, but that doesn't make me go full retard.

He is one of my favorite movie stars too, but that doesn't make me go full retard.

Hey, you said it was meh. So I went in with low expectations. It's only an 8 for the last 30 minutes. Everything else, not so much.

Would I see it again? Sure, on Netflix. Would I buy it? Probably not.

Back