RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Taken 2: 6/10

OK, a little too slow to be honest

London Boulevard: 5/10

Great cast, but it was a little strange for my taste

The Social Network: 8/10

I liked the fact that it was a story about building a business and betrayal, etc. Kind of forgot that it was about FB

Crimson tide: 9/10

One of my favorites, still holds up extremely well!!!

Looper 7.5/10

Not bad but not a masterpiece like a lot were saying. I found the pacing to be a little all over the place. Willis was hardcore!

Zero dark thirty 8/10. Really enjoyed this movie. Well written, directed and acted.

Finally got to see Django Unchained. 10/10. I'm a big Tarantino fan, but as much as I love Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, I think he's improved with age. Django is just an excellent flick all the way around, showing off his talent with dialog, plotting, and his uncanny ability to build tension in a non-action scene.

Taxi Driver - ??/10

I had never seen it before, I know I'm supposed to think this is a classic and thus presumably it must be good....I dunno. Its a bit before my time I think.

Taxi Driver - ??/10

I had never seen it before, I know I'm supposed to think this is a classic and thus presumably it must be good....I dunno. Its a bit before my time I think.

Before your time :dunno

I actually think it's pretty relevant right now with all the war vets I see on TV struggling to integrate back into normal society.

This film is a stunning depiction of that.

A complete gem!

Taxi Driver is a masterpiece for several reasons, the overall character arc, Deniro's acting etc. But in no way is it's before anyone's time. Like Robocop it's just as relevant today as when it was released. Travis feels lonely in a sea of people, which is only amplified today by overpopulation and electronic devices. He feels like he's helpless against it all and his faith in the government being able to fix it was also misplaced. It does take time to soak in and multiple viewings to really grow on you though I think.

As to not liking it, I can't see how people here wouldn't since it's pretty much a superhero movie, fairly closely mirroring Bruce Wayne's own story.

I keep wanting to blind buy the Blu Ray, because I know it will be good. I just never seem to have the money for it.

:(

Taxi Driver - ??/10

How's everything in the pimp business?

Chiller - -4/10 - Wes Craven and Swan? This was slow dull tv movie of the week dreck.

Deadlands - 3/10 - I love post apocalyptic movies, but this was real bad. Bad acting, bad story, bad everything.

Syriana: 8/10 Forgot how great this movie is.

Taxi Driver is a masterpiece for several reasons, the overall character arc, Deniro's acting etc. But in no way is it's before anyone's time. Like Robocop it's just as relevant today as when it was released. Travis feels lonely in a sea of people, which is only amplified today by overpopulation and electronic devices. He feels like he's helpless against it all and his faith in the government being able to fix it was also misplaced. It does take time to soak in and multiple viewings to really grow on you though I think.

As to not liking it, I can't see how people here wouldn't since it's pretty much a superhero movie, fairly closely mirroring Bruce Wayne's own story.

What is he in the end? Is he a hero? Are we to suppose that he does find peace with society and so on or will he remain unhinged?

Keep in mind fellas that I didn't actually rate it. I just don't really know what to make of it.

What is he in the end? Is he a hero? Are we to suppose that he does find peace with society and so on or will he remain unhinged?

Keep in mind fellas that I didn't actually rate it. I just don't really know what to make of it.

He is far from a hero in my eyes. He is a dangerous, depressed lonely man that needs help asap. He quenched his thirst of wanting to hurt somebody in a clever disguised manner. I think his actions of wanting to help Iris was genuine but it still allowed him to kill Sport and the bouncers. Obviously his first port of call was to kill Senator Palantine but that was foiled by the SS.

Like I say no way is Trav a hero in my eyes, the media didn't know him like us the viewer.

Taxi Driver - ??/10

I saw it for the first time earlier this year. Had the same reaction you did. Overrated 'classic'. I went into it thinking Travis was going to rival some of the truly epic homicidal psycho characters out there ... and he wasn't even close.

I think I rated it a 6. It wasn't awful ... but not nearly as classic, or even memorable, as I expected.

SnakeDoc

Back