RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Travis is experiancing pts as he returns to the world but he's still young and optimistic. Then of course we slowly see his slide into depression as he realises the world he was fighting for isn't what he thought it was. He falls back on his military training to kill time and build back up his body with the idea he needs to do something to make a differance but he doesn't know what. Then he realises his faith in government was misplaced and snaps and tries to assassinate the senator. After it fails he realises he can use his power to help sport instead. But yes he is still very dangerous. He is temporarily satisfied as the letter from her parents proves he did make a differance and his world brightens up a bit but he is still driving in the same city, still disconnected from people and likely to need an outlet again. I unlike Teddy, do see Travis as a hero, but a very flawed and tragic one, a victim of what he was made by the country he trusted when he was young and naive, he made the right choice ultimately doing something to help more then hurt once he's given that oppurtunity but at the same time he's obviously still dangerous. Closer to say Tim Burton's Batman who still kills people then Patrick Bateman imo but we see this movie in a much more realistic and less favorable light then a typical superhero movie. But if you see Hitgirl or Punisher as a hero, Travis isn't very differant, again just shown in a differant light and taken more seriously rather then having the fact that say your a 10 year old girl murdering people be a gimmicky joke. Ultimately Travis wants to kill the people he does because he feels it will make the world a better place, it's a pyschotic urge but I see it differantly than Patrick Bateman.

I heard somebody else compare it to Death Wish. The end ... maybe. But, the political assassination thing was closer to Hinkley than The Punisher. This wasn't really a revenge flick like Death Wish, or Man on Fire, or Harry Brown. It wasn't righteous rage ... he was delusional.

As I see it, he got progressively more delusional and psychotic ... and went on a killing spree. The targets just happened to be pimps -- because he met too much resistance when trying to kill a political candidate. You see "hero" ... I see a psycho that was too cowardly or incompetent to kill his real target.

SnakeDoc

The context just went over your head.

I understood the movie fine. It wasn't all that complicated. I just didn't like it much.

SnakeDoc

Total Recall remake: 3/10

the most pointless remake I've seen

The context just went over your head.

I understood the movie fine. It wasn't all that complicated. I just didn't like it much.

SnakeDoc

Riiiiiiight. So in the context of using the word "carrier" you explained it as "someone who doesn't show symptoms of a disease, but is still contagious". What disease was he contagious of? And who was he infecting?

Please, explain to me your well-intentioned use of the word :impatient:

:lol

As I see it, he got progressively more delusional and psychotic ... and went on a killing spree. The targets just happened to be pimps -- because he met too much resistance when trying to kill a political candidate. You see "hero" ... I see a psycho that was too cowardly or incompetent to kill his real target.

SnakeDoc

And you just perfectly described Batman who most consider a hero minus the killing in most versions. Same goes for Punisher. Millions consider Frank a hero.

Which is what I said the differance here is, it's presented more realisticly in the sense we explore what it is that drives someone to do those things, the mental trauma isn't played off as a joke like with say Hitgirl or a character like her. Rather then actually explore what would drive a young girl to have such a break from reality and to be corrupted by a policeman and her father, it's funny because its Nic Cage and he's whacky and thats enough of an explanation.

As I said he's absolutely pyschotic and delusional but as a product of the world around him making him that way. We take kids everyday with zero real life experiance who are naive and susceptible and make them professional murderers. It's only when he comes back and actually has a chance to live his own life for the very first time he realises he doesn't agree at all with what he was fighting for and the people who made him that way, in this case his government, who also let him down in being able to make a differace. Things just get worse and worse and he takes matters into his own hands. It's absolutely misplaced but it's way differant than why someone like Bateman is the way he is and does the things he does.

Last edited:

Wow. That's retarded.

sigpic16402_2.gif

Riiiiiiight. So in the context of using the word "carrier" you explained it as "someone who doesn't show symptoms of a disease, but is still contagious". What disease was he contagious of? And who was he infecting?

Please, explain to me your well-intentioned use of the word :impatient:

:lol

Nobody had a contagious disease. Its just a turn-of-phrase. I've heard it before. I've used it before. Maybe its a Southern thing. Never really befuddled somebody quite this much, though.

Honestly, I had to look up where I first heard it. I knew I'd seen it in some movie or TV show or something. Its a line from U.S. Marshals -- Tommy Lee Jones handcuffed Robert Downey Jr's character. RDJ says "Is this guy crazy?!" Joe Pantoliano's character replied "No, but he's a carrier."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120873/quotes

(Works really well when talking about crazy ex-girlfriends.)

You said "He's not supposed to be a homicidal psycho." I said "if not, he must be a carrier." Basically means, "yes, he is."

I'll try to simplify next time.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Nobody had a contagious disease. Its just a turn-of-phrase. I've heard it before. I've used it before. Maybe its a Southern thing. Never really befuddled somebody quite this much, though.

Honestly, I had to look up where I first heard it. I knew I'd seen it in some movie or TV show or something. Its a line from U.S. Marshals -- Tommy Lee Jones handcuffed Robert Downey Jr's character. RDJ says "Is this guy crazy?!" Joe Pantoliano's character replied "No, but he's a carrier."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120873/quotes

(Works really well when talking about crazy ex-girlfriends.)

You said "He's not supposed to be a homicidal psycho." I said "if not, he must be a carrier." Basically means, "yes, he is."

I'll try to simplify next time.

SnakeDoc

So because you heard it in a movie you thought that was the proper usage...I see now. It all make sense :facepalm:

The Bourne Legacy
10/10
I thought it tied in with the others perfectly
Just didn't like how Pam Landy took the fall for everything so far.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2

9/10 (rating as a whole)

Better than Dark Knight Rises.

Back