RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Star Trek: 8.5/10

I always wasn't a fan of Star Trek, but damn if this isn't a good flick.

Glad I watched it, genuinely excited for Into Darkness.

Can't wait to see what J.J. does with Star Wars.
agreed... yes sir

Star Trek: 8.5/10

I always wasn't a fan of Star Trek, but damn if this isn't a good flick.

Glad I watched it, genuinely excited for Into Darkness.

Can't wait to see what J.J. does with Star Wars.

Have you ever watched Star Trek II? I'm curious how a classic Trek film like that plays to a non-fan.

Have you ever watched Star Trek II? I'm curious how a classic Trek film like that plays to a non-fan.

I haven't watched any of the old Star Trek stuff (too young I suppose) besides having a teacher when I was in high school who would watch the episodes while we studied.

It just seemed.... too... IDK, probably not the best way to describe it, but stupid.

Watchmen (Director's Cut): 8.5/10

I haven't watched any of the old Star Trek stuff (too young I suppose) besides having a teacher when I was in high school who would watch the episodes while we studied.

It just seemed.... too... IDK, probably not the best way to describe it, but stupid.

I'd like to say ''you'd love Star Trek II'' but then sometimes when you haven't grown up watching a certain thing you're just not going to see the appeal when you watch it later on. Kinda like me with Taxi Driver or Serpico. They're recognised as classics but I wouldn't watch them again.

I've never took the time to sit down and watch a star trek either , it probably sounds even worse than using the word stupid and trying my hardest not to sound high and mighty it always just seemed a bit " geeky and cheesy " to me. For the record I'm not a star wars fan either.

I did really enjoy the remake though with no knowledge of the original movies or series. I was recently interested in watching the star trek movie though with Tom Hardy playing the villain ( not sure which that is , it might even suck ). Where would be the best place to start where I could actually comprehend what's going on and hopefully a movie that isn't so dated as to put me off ?.

Funnily enough though A dev I didn't exactly grow up with Taxi Driver but it's now one of my favorite movies. I really think Taxi Driver is the type of movie that needs watching a few times over a few years to fully appreciate what it is ( simply because it's not the type of movie you can watch every week :lol ). The first viewing with so much of a following behind it is bound to not be up to expectations.

Anyway recent movies watched..

Cowboys and Aliens - 6.5/10 - Fun and the last battle scene was a great watch , not something I could watch often though.

Black Death - 5/10 - Little weird this one and I was surprised when it ended , I suppose I expected more. I got through it though and managed to enjoy it. A question for anyone who has seen this movie.
Spoilers.

When the group of soldiers with Sean Bean leading them wandered across the group of hooded men whipping themselves and marching why were they punishing themselves this way ?. Had they been forced to renounce god by the village ?. I suppose it wasn't really covered.

Lockout - 5/10 I can definitely enjoy sci fi movies in this vein but this was average at best. Snow as a character was alright but the whole film was just weak , a story that'd be shown a thousand times before and other than Peace and Joseph Gilgun ( who just barely made it tolerable ) the entire cast was forgettable imo.

I need to watch a great movie for once. :rotfl

I did really enjoy the remake though with no knowledge of the original movies or series. I was recently interested in watching the star trek movie though with Tom Hardy playing the villain ( not sure which that is , it might even suck ). Where would be the best place to start where I could actually comprehend what's going on and hopefully a movie that isn't so dated as to put me off ?.

That was Star Trek Nemesis. The 4th and last Trek film with Captain Picard and so on. As somewhat of a Trek fan (though not the biggest one you'd ever find) I find it hard not to recommend you watch at least the first 3 Next Generation movies but you could probably get away with just watching Nemesis if you're curious about Tom Hardy being in it.
The best film with that cast is the second one, Star Trek: First Contact, its got the Borg in it. I'm personally fond of their first aswell, Star Trek Generations, but it seems to be popular to hate that film. The 3rd film with Picard and company - Star Trek: Insurrection - is probably Star Trek at its most nancyboyish.

Funnily enough though A dev I didn't exactly grow up with Taxi Driver but it's now one of my favorite movies. I really think Taxi Driver is the type of movie that needs watching a few times over a few years to fully appreciate what it is ( simply because it's not the type of movie you can watch every week :lol ). The first viewing with so much of a following behind it is bound to not be up to expectations.

I'd say it'll be years before I give it another go tbh.

I believe I watched it either before, or after the Abrams movie. I'm thinking after.

Totally enjoyed it. Engaging movie all around.

I believe I watched it either before, or after the Abrams movie. I'm thinking after.

Totally enjoyed it. Engaging movie all around.

Ah good, glad to hear it.

Black Hawk Down - 9/10

Still my favorite war movie ever made.

Yeah its a great film. It and Gladiator were a good mini-run from Ridley Scott.

Yeah its a great film.

Its actually been about six years since I last saw it. I was surprised to see Tom Hardy playing one of the rangers. He did a better job hiding his accent than Ewan McGregor. Checking imdb I now see that BHD was his first film after a brief appearance in Band of Brothers.

Black Death - 5/10 - Little weird this one and I was surprised when it ended , I suppose I expected more. I got through it though and managed to enjoy it. A question for anyone who has seen this movie.
Spoilers.

When the group of soldiers with Sean Bean leading them wandered across the group of hooded men whipping themselves and marching why were they punishing themselves this way ?. Had they been forced to renounce god by the village ?. I suppose it wasn't really covered.

Yeah, it isn't covered at all actually, but I like to think it has indeed something to do with the village and the witchcraft and stuff that is going on there. Perhaps they renounced God and tried to repent by chastising themselves.

Have to say though that I really liked this film. At first I thought it'd be another hack'n'slash medieval flick, but it had way more story than I expected. The atmosphere is harsh and grim and I really liked the ending as well.

Not your usual happy end.

Brick: 6/10

Not really too sure what to think of this one, the story was hit and miss, and a bit rough to follow, but the performances were great.

Back