RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

:dunno

Boyz N the Hood: 6.5/10

Needed to be slimmed down, or beefed up. Just wasn't there.

Donnie Darko: 7.8/10

Is the movie just really weird, or did I hit the pipe too hard tonight?

Whats wrong with BHC1? 2 is a total rehash that completely relies on stylistic direction and 3 is complete trash but 1's a classic.

And yea I never understood the love for Darko, thought it was terrible.

It's thought provoking, I'll give it that. But it's pretty preachy.

Beverly Hills Cop is funny, but not 8/10 funny. IMO.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2

9/10 (rating as a whole)

Better than Dark Knight Rises.
loved part 1 yet to see part two..... watched under the red hood the other night....just amazing i gave that 9/10 :clap

Chernobyl Diaries - 6/10. Nothing ground breaking here, but some interesting scares. Not sure they went with the hand held camera look, since it was pretty minimal (no extreme bouncing around for the most part) and it could have easily been shot traditionally. I suppose they felt it would give some of the scenes a bit more realism, but I thought it had little effect.

It's also one of those movies where you want to shut off your logic circuits.

Total Recall (remake) - 3/10

The Dark Knight Rises on blu - 6/10
My second viewing and I dropped it a point from my theater viewing. It really isn't a great Batman flick, especially when you put it up against BR and TDK.

The Dark Knight Rises on blu - 6/10
My second viewing and I dropped it a point from my theater viewing. It really isn't a great Batman flick, especially when you put it up against BR and TDK.

You're right, it's not a great batman flick, it's a perfect batman flick.

:monkey3

I still rate Rises an 8.5/10 (possibly even an 8) Every damn movie has flaws or is out of context. What movie (based on a novel or comic) is 100% accurate to the source? Watchmen? I dunno. I suppose people are hard on Rises because of the buildup it had going in. BB and TDK were excellent movies.

You're right, it's not a great batman flick, it's a perfect batman flick.

:monkey3

:lol No that's not... What I meant was, uh... :lol

I still rate Rises an 8.5/10 (possibly even an 8) Every damn movie has flaws or is out of context. What movie (based on a novel or comic) is 100% accurate to the source? Watchmen? I dunno. I suppose people are hard on Rises because of the buildup it had going in. BB and TDK were excellent movies.

I'm not too much of a stickler on source accuracy or how closely it follows a comic but I just didn't think it played well as a comic book movie in general. There were elements that I liked about it but overall it just didn't have the same vibe as it's prequels or much any other comic book based movie to me.

BB and TDK, yep, they were excellent movies for sure. Rises just fell really short of wrapping up the trilogy in a cohesive and satisfying way for me.

:lol No that's not... What I meant was, uh... :lol

I'm not too much of a stickler on source accuracy or how closely it follows a comic but I just didn't think it played well as a comic book movie in general. There were elements that I liked about it but overall it just didn't have the same vibe as it's prequels or much any other comic book based movie to me.

BB and TDK, yep, they were excellent movies for sure. Rises just fell really short of wrapping up the trilogy in a cohesive and satisfying way for me.

I agree that it didn't have the same vibe. I haven't read a comic book in over 20 years so maybe I wouldn't even know (past the basics) what a good comic movie should be. For me the ending lost points. Even as a primary movie fan I didn't particularly care for how it ended. He should've died in the end.

Back