RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Trek Into Darkness: 8/10

I thought it was great. Pretty much in line with the first one.

The only things that bothered me:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Otherwise, great! Can't wait to get the BluRay and watch it again!

Star Trek Into Darkness 6/10

Entertaining, and visually/sonically stunning, but didn't feel like Trek at all to me.

Agreed. I'd give the first one a lower score than this one. This one was far more entertaining to me and perhaps going in with low expectations, I was able to enjoy it about as much as you did.

These new movies are fun and they give me hope that we will see a fantastic return to form for Star Wars VII, but if I want Trek, I'll stream TOS or TNG. Ironically, if this was not a "Star Trek" movie but just some random sci-fi story being told, I might have rated it higher. But preconceived notions of what a Trek story should be did affect my rating.

The movie actually felt more like Star Wars than Trek. Even some of the ships looked like out of Star Wars, as well as some of the music and ship sound effects.

No director's cut. Why?

Eastwood has said that there were scenes cut out of the movie by MGM that both he and the director protested. I guess they gave a little more backstory to some of the characters. As is he's never been happy with it.

Wyatt Earp (the Costner one) - 5/10

Saw this on telly last night. Ridiculously long even discounting the ad breaks. It just seemed like the same thing repeated over and over again for the entire run-time. The Earp family move into a town and set up as law-men, come to blows with scumbags and move on. And that seems like it happens about 2 or 3 times over till the credits roll. Pointless.

Tombstone, the Kurt Russell one, was much more concise and well done IMO.

I do not understand the whole "I enjoyed it as a movie, but not as a Star Trek movie"...

It's... a... movie...

And you enjoyed it, so what's the problem?

Based on this review I'll probably love it since I am not a Trek fan. :clap

Star Trek Into Darkness is great!

There is a funny YouTube video which mocks all the Star Trek fans complaining about the JJ movies in the form of a fake news report on the movie.

It goes something like; "Let's go to our entertainment correspondent, Diane Thompson, who is live at the Chinese Theatre. So, Diane, is Star Trek Into Darkness really as entertaining and thrilling as Trek fans are complaining it is?"

Back