RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Trek Into Darkness is great!

There is a funny YouTube video which mocks all the Star Trek fans complaining about the JJ movies in the form of a fake news report on the movie.

It goes something like; "Let's go to our entertainment correspondent, Diane Thompson, who is live at the Chinese Theatre. So, Diane, is Star Trek Into Darkness really as entertaining and thrilling as Trek fans are complaining it is?"

Found it

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM[/ame]

Eastwood has said that there were scenes cut out of the movie by MGM that both he and the director protested. I guess they gave a little more backstory to some of the characters. As is he's never been happy with it.

From what i've heard, the original version and the theatrical version are very different from one another. Even the title was changed from The Warriors to Kelly's Heroes. And MGM probably has a copy of the original cut but it will most likely never see the light of day. It was supposed to be a antiwar satire kinda like M*A*S*H and Catch-22 but MGM's new boss decided they wanted a action movie instead.

From what i've heard, the original version and the theatrical version are very different from one another. Even the title was changed from The Warriors to Kelly's Heroes. And MGM probably has a copy of the original cut but it will most likely never see the light of day. It was supposed to be a antiwar satire kinda like M*A*S*H and Catch-22 but MGM's new boss decided they wanted a action movie instead.

From what I've read it looks like none of the deleted scenes have ever been seen publicly...and after 40 years I doubt they ever will. They're probably just sitting in the MGM vaults. :(

I do not understand the whole "I enjoyed it as a movie, but not as a Star Trek movie"...

It's... a... movie...

And you enjoyed it, so what's the problem?

I wish I enjoyed it more as a movie or as a ST movie.

Really it was just the first one all over again.

Bad guy wants revenge.

Kirk has to prove himself.

Kirk and Spock can't get along.

the characters should be beyond this. I did not think this would be a good SW movie either and I hope JJ does a better job picking a script.

SW and Empire were all about character development. If the new SW is like this last ST the there will be so much action that we wont get to know or care about anyone.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - 9 out of 10
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - 7.5 out of 10

I liked ST III alot- feels like the ESB of Star Trek movies....but the sets in it are so awful and cheesy- the prison cell looks like a high school production built it...in one day

Back