RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

May have to pick up Hannibal and the other one.

Prepare to be disappointed. :lol

The only other decent movie with Hannibal Lecter is "Red Dragon". It's a remake of "Manhunter" with Grissom from CSI.

Hannibal, Hannibal Rising & Manhunter ALL suck.

Prepare to be disappointed. :lol

The only other decent movie with Hannibal Lecter is "Red Dragon". It's a remake of "Manhunter" with Grissom from CSI.

Hannibal, Hannibal Rising & Manhunter ALL suck.

I think Manhunter is pretty good. It's classic Michael Mann. And it's better than Red Dragon.

Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter > Brian Cox' Hannibal Lecter
Edward Norton's Will Graham > William Petersen's Will Graham
Ralph Fiennes' Francis Dolarhyde > Tom Noonan's Francis Dollarhyde
Harvey Keitel's Jack Crawford > Dennis Farina's Jack Crawford

Manhunter was also a HUGE box office bomb.

Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter > Brian Cox' Hannibal Lecter
Edward Norton's Will Graham > William Petersen's Will Graham
Ralph Fiennes' Francis Dolarhyde > Tom Noonan's Francis Dollarhyde
Harvey Keitel's Jack Crawford > Dennis Farina's Jack Crawford

Manhunter was also a HUGE box office bomb.

Ahh, the old "it was a bomb at the box office, so it must suck" defense.

It was also a critical flop. Let's face it, it's a cult classic. Which is spin for people originally thought it sucked but now they like it.

I'm not saying Red Dragon is great, but it's definitely better than Manhunter IMO. But ALL the prequels and sequels for Silence of the Lambs suck TBH. None of them match up, so realistically watching any of them after SOTL is disappointing. :lol

It was also a critical flop. Let's face it, it's a cult classic. Which is spin for people originally thought it sucked but now they like it.

I'm not saying Red Dragon is great, but it's definitely better than Manhunter IMO. But ALL the prequels and sequels for Silence of the Lambs suck TBH. None of them match up, so realistically watching any of them after SOTL is disappointing. :lol

Agree with you completely there

Star Wars Bluray. Okay watched all 6 movies this past weekend and here are what I rate each one.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace 9/10
Superb CGI and sound. Can't stand Jar Jar Binks otherwise it would had been a 10. Et makes appearance.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones 8.5/10

Another example of CGI and sound at it's best. A little long in the beginning but that last half of the movie is quite good.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 8.5/10
Superb again on the sound and visual.

Episode IV: New Hope 7/10
Okay after watching episode 1-3 there is a big drop on the visual but the sound remix is perfect. There are color issues where white on so white, black aren't so black. IMO this is the weakest of the 6 films.

Episode V: Empire Strikes Back 10/10
The best of all the star wars collection. Top notch story and picture quality appears to be better. This one is epic!

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi 9.5/10
Can't flaw this movie but wish GL did not make some changes to the movie.

Overall grade of this Blu-Ray movies is 9/10. The sound & CGI makes this a must buy. I haven't even delve into the 3 bonus disc with 40 hours of content but it looks to be epic. This is better then the recent release of LoTR extended version collection where this bonus disc or special features were complete rehash of the DVD Extendrd version. With the packaging and the extra contents this is 10/10! I'm not a fan of GL re-releasing the same movie over and over again but for hi-def or home entertainment purposes, I'm glad I bought this collection. Let's hope GL doesn't make an extended edition on these films milking as for more money LOL.

Last edited:

Critical flop my ass. Manhunter is vastly superior. It sits at a 94% from critics on the tomatometer. Hopkins is the only thing better in Red Dragon.

Critical flop my ass. It sits at a 94% from critics on the tomatometer.

Not when it originally came out. The majority of reviews for Manhunter back in 1986 were negative. NONE of those reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are from when the movie came out. That's why I said:

it's a cult classic. Which is spin for people originally thought it sucked but now they like it.

I enjoyed Manhunter but Red Dragon imho was far superior. I also hated how the spelled Lecter's name Lektor in Manhunter. Sound like a comic book villain.

Paul - 8/10

I loved it, thought it was funny and enough nerdy stuff to keep it going. My wife thought it was stupid...which made me love it more :D

Not when it originally came out. The majority of reviews for Manhunter back in 1986 were negative. NONE of those reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are from when the movie came out. That's why I said:

Where is your source? Surely you're not going off of a wiki link with 3 reviews referenced. One of which is positive, one is mixed, and one is negative.

As for the current reviews there's absolutely nothing wrong with things being appreciated later down the line. Mann was ahead of his time and in retrospect people viewing the film now recognize it. I can promise you no one will ever look back on Red Dragon for anything.

Where is your source?

Search every single article ever written about Manhunter back in 1986-1987 and the majority of them will be negative. Search every single article/biography ever written about Michael Mann and they'll all say the same thing: Manhunter was not a financial OR critical success.

It's not a conspiracy. :lol

there's absolutely nothing wrong with things being appreciated later down the line.

Never said there was. :dunno

I can promise you no one will ever look back on Red Dragon for anything.

That's fine. Still doesn't change the fact that Manhunter bombed back in 1986. And it doesn't change my personal opinion of the movie.

Back