RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Hobo with a Shotgun with Rutger Hauer - dog____ 0/10

didn't know you were into sons! :rock

Yep, have been watching it on TV here. They aired Seasons 1-3 pretty much back to back. Sometimes they didn't air for a week or maybe 2 because some other event being shown like a darts-trophygame or something, but I've been watching the show pretty much for about a year straight now :lol

Yesterday was the S3 finale, so I'm guessing they'll put in a hiatus because S4 only just started in the US.

Deadwood (1st episdoe) - 6 out of 10

I'll eventually get around to watching another episode, but nothing to revist with any urgency. I'm hoping if I do keep on, that Olyphant's presence takes a seat way in the back. Guy trys so hard to act it's painful to watch sometimes. Especially the way he talks through his teeth. Putting him beside Hawkes and McShane in scenes really doesn't help him out either. Don't get me started on the absurd dialogue either.

It was also a critical flop. Let's face it, it's a cult classic. Which is spin for people originally thought it sucked but now they like it.

I'm not saying Red Dragon is great, but it's definitely better than Manhunter IMO. But ALL the prequels and sequels for Silence of the Lambs suck TBH. None of them match up, so realistically watching any of them after SOTL is disappointing. :lol

I found Manhunter slow and at times boring. Though I love Grissom, he is not commanding in such a role and Cox lacks the charisma needed for such a role.

I will have to give Red Dragon a shot. Had been avoiding it.

---

Ok and someone scored Episode IV lower than any of the PT ? :slap

Didn't care for Red Dragon. I found it boring, visually. I really loath Ratner. Ever since X-3.

At Close Range: 7/10

Pretty damn good movie. Brutal as ____. I would give it a tie with the Hitcher as brutal mainstream movie of the year in 1986 :lol But the instrumental version of that damn Madonna song playing throughout the movie was a bit weird.

Also, another wacky 80s performance by Crispin Glover :rock

Back