RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lawrence of Arabia: 8.5/10

Epic film. I understand why it is on so many lists of one of the great all time films. Cinematography and score were top notch. I can trace a direct line between this and the films of Spielberg. The exploration of this man was extremely well done and it must have been risky tackling often dark and complicated material in what was one of the most expensive films ever at the time. The gay subtext was handled really well all things considered. But I didn't love all of it. Casting white dudes as middle easterners in major roles was off putting at times. And the melodrama went a bit far. Other great films felt more genuine. But still a wonderful film.

X-Men -- 7/10

Decided to give the first movie a rewatch since it's been awhile, and since the new Deadpool had me feeling nostalgic for the original films.

And for the most part I still think it works well and does a good job introducing us to this world. The effects hold up incredibly well for an early 2000s film, and Jackman nails his role from the very start. But the story still feels a bit rushed and oddly paced as times, like there was a whole lot of stuff that got cut out at the last minute. And the whole thing feels a bit small and low-budget for a major superhero movie (even by the standards of the day).

Last edited:
Alien: Romulus - 7/10

I might be a little biased because I love Alien movies but I thought this movie was fine and worth the watch. The first half or so of the movie was interesting to me. Without going into spoilers I think it provides more detail of what it’s like living in the world(s) of the Alien movies. The last half is filled with call backs to the original movies which may turn some people off. There was a scene where a character quotes Ripley that nearly made me facepalm..

The Gift (Jason Bateman movie): 7/10

Really effective and subversive thriller.

Keanu: 6.75/10

Really funny at times but not consistently so. I really want a calendar of the cat after seeing this, though. Key and Peele work great together of course.

Last edited:
Longlegs - 3/10

Without much logic, this movie mostly aims to unsettle. Unfortunately, it does so by clumsily mashing together every horror cliche of the last 70 years. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought the whole thing -- editing, sound design, premise, etc -- was generated by AI.

Boy did it fail to unsettle.

I’ll never get how a film like this gets hyped up. I have read a few “hidden meanings” about the film which could make a rewatch interesting but for the most part it’s meh.

Now Im a big Nick Cage fan but boy did his performance take me out of the movie each time he was on screen. The tone of the rest of the film did not lend itself to this type of over the top Cage silliness. If anyone has seen Cage in Deadfall, this might be what happened to that character had he survived. Hell it’s even the same prosthetic nose :lol I also believe there may have been some Tiny Tim influence in there.

3/10 is about right.

I'm not alone then.

Watched it today expecting something really good due to all the hype, but found it an odd little film.

Felt like it wanted to be Silence of the Lambs, but came across more like one of those cheap Italian horror flicks from the '70s where all sorts of nonsensical elements got thrown into the mix.

Upgrade - 7/10

First time. Could be an 8 if it holds up on a rewatch, but I'll wait a while. Very cool movie.

The Wave via Netflix. Norwegian disaster film with subtitles. 6-7/10. Refreshingly the tsunami experts don't behave stupidly. Reasonable disaster film.

Trap - 4/10

This movie was pure nonsense. It was basically one long music video for M. Night Shamwow's daughter.

Horizon - 3/10

One long cringe fest of clichés, mediocre acting, bad editing and incomprehensible choices.
It's like Costner completely forgot how to direct a movie.

For a Few Dollars More: 7/10

One of the greatest directors in western film history, probably the most important composer in the genre, and two of its most iconic actors in starring roles. Even with no story at all this would be worth watching. Based on style and mood it gets a 10. As it stands, the story starts out very promising but stumbles over itself at various points. The ridiculously convoluted plans were hard to swallow. But if you want a bad guy trying to find every excuse he can to directly or indirectly kill as many people as possible for no good reason, then this may be your citizen kane.

Horizon... don't even know how to rate this as it isn't a movie.

It should have been a mini-series made for streaming.

I didn't mind it, and there were a couple of good scenes, but...

It's really obvious why it bombed so hard at the cinemas; it needed to be a tight, concise, self-contained story, that had you so invested in the characters and the world that you leave the cinema feeling fulfilled, but also wanting more. Instead, it's a jumbled mess of a billion characters that barely get any moments to shine.

It doesn't have a pre-built in audience like LOTR or Dune that won't mind having the story abruptly end and patiently wait for the follow-ups.

So, so, odd.

The Fall Guy: 8/10

Outstanding movie that accomplishes exactly what it sets out to. Gosling is one of the great movie stars of our time. Not great art but not every movie needs to be. I don't typically care for sequels but I would be hyped about a potential followup to this.

The Thing: 10/10

One of the greatest horror films in my opinion. Everything comes together excellently here.

So, so, odd.
That's the power of unbridled hubris. I heard Costner interviewed on stern to promote this and you would think he was single handedly responsible for every success he had in his career through his good judgment against a stream of idiotic writers, producers, and directors. It's like George Lucas making the prequels.

What You Wish For: 6,5/10

A surprisingly smooth and suspenseful little dish. Kept my attention until the end...

Hello out there,

This could be a howler. Local Picturehouse is going to have a Dog friendly screening, providing rugs for seats should the dog wish to have a seat, water bowls, sound turned down and lighting raised, one dog per adult, limited seats available. Humans without a dog welcome.

I grew up with dogs...no choice, I know it is a dog eat dog world out there but this is taking the biscuit, they have gone barking mad. Many humans do not care for dog odours and on ocasion wet dog.

I have asked if they shall.restrict such friendly screenings to one screen and if so which one.

Coming soon ...Smellovision....could be a stinker.

PS....My daughter has a Guinea Pig that I look after everyday no matter what.

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1: 7.5/10

I thought this was great. Constant action and intrigue. Perfect popcorn type of movie. I was sad to see it lost money on theatrical release because this is what you want from a Tom Cruise movie in my opinion.

Raw Deal: 7.5/10

I avoided this movie until now because of the negative reviews, but I thought it was tremendous. The first indication that this was a special movie was when Arnold blows up his cop car and an entire chemical factory to fake his own death, because why not?

And throughout the movie his only motivation is that his former boss telling him that he "may" help Arnold get his old job back if he infiltrates a gang. But you would think he was Frank Castle when he goes on a mad murder spree against every gang member and corrupt official he can find.

I later saw there were Italian writers and it made more sense.

Back