Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Grievous, Westworld & Kenobi!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghostbusters!!!

Thanks fellas :duff

Damn, GB, you been on fire latley! Tons of great updates.

Love the Toy Story pair, I have been wanting to grab those two from Thinkway for awhile, but have resisted. I got my Monodo TS poster in the other day and it got me really wanting to pick these up again. Are these the "Toy Story Collection" versions. I know Thinkway has a bunch of versions, but I think the ones label "Toy Story Collection" are the replica types. Am I correct or just talking out of my ass?

Ash and the GB look great :rock

Yeah, I had a long spell of nothing it seemed... but got a few custom projects moving again and then a few other smalls purchases. And I guess Boba will be here next week :panic:

But you are right, the "Toy Story Collection" is the series that are closest in terms of being replicas. Toys R Us seems to have the best price on them I was able to find... sadly I think the buy one get the 2nd 40% off is over. But even with that it was only like $20 or $30 less than retail.

And I think they'd look totally kickass in front of the Mondo print :lecture

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghostbusters!!!

Kool GB, thanks for the info :hi5:

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Ghostbuster and Ash updates!!!

Got the Ghostbusters weathered and added a bit of paunch to Venkman and Stantz. Also gave Ray a cigarette. I'd say I'm mostly done with them except to replace Egon's glasses once I can find a good wire paire.

I also did a bit more work on my Possessed Ash; gave his a shiny/sweatly look which is more accurate to the film and I lowered the waist line on his pants.

gbh.jpg

gbi.jpg

gbj.jpg

posashf.jpg

My Ash collection; Chainsaw is still a WIP :duff
posashg.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! AOD Evil Ash!!!

So I decided to keep the custom train rolling and tackled my Sideshow Evil Ash figure. I've had it for years and honestly for it's age its a great figure.

I started at about 8p last night and finished up just around midnight :panic:

Evilaftera.jpg

evilafterb.jpg

Evilafterc.jpg

Evilafterd.jpg

Evilaftere.jpg

Evilafterf.jpg

Evilafterg.jpg

Evilafterh.jpg

And on display:
Evilafteri.jpg

In all I did the following mods:
Body swapped to a Pro 1.1
Reshaped and glossed the armor
Gave the clothing and cape a tea bath and weathered with paints
Repainted the head, helmet, hands and sword.

Pretty much a redo from top to bottom, but with the excecption of the body its all the original figure.

And in case you're curious here's the before and after:

Evilbeforea.jpg
Evilaftera.jpg

Evilbeforeb.jpg
evilafterb.jpg

Evilbeforec.jpg
Evilafterc.jpg

Loving the Ghostbusters figures! You did a fine job on the weathering. The evil Ash looks sweet too! :rock

Damn, night and day, GB :google ......:clap

See what a little TLC can do to a figure. Great work, J :rock :rock :rock

Thanks Colossus and Firebird :duff

Damn, night and day, GB :google ......:clap

See what a little TLC can do to a figure. Great work, J :rock :rock :rock

Yeah, it's really surprising how nice some of these figures can be with a little work. I hoped Evil Ash would look better, but I'm actually surprised how nice he turned out.

What's really interesting is how this figure breaks 2 big rules Sideshow seemed to set later on. He's got a ton of armor and actual hair.

Yeah, I know right... :lol

Guess we'd be complaining about no Evil Ash if Sideshow had acquired the Highlander license first :lol :huh

Thank ya Flosi, I really feel like Evil Ash can hang with the big-boy figures now :lol

Back