Remy's Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remy's Hawt Toys!

Nice work Remy! Especially impressed with that helmet! :clap

Looks Great; Remy, now he's Battle Tested

Indeed it is. I'm extremely pleased how it turned out. I almost, came very very close to ordering another Cap before doing the mod cause I knew if I would have screwed it up, I'm gonna go crazy waiting for the replacement. The scary part is getting a faulty replacement also since another batch of Cap is coming in with crocked "A" on the helmet and crooked star. It was a sigh of relief after it was done.

beautiful and effective mod mate, great work!

Thanks bud.

Very cool pics Remy ;)

Thanks Darth.

Nice work Remy! Especially impressed with that helmet! :clap

Thanks Mags. The helmet is the one that prompted the mods. Its one of the reasons I love this costume better than the Avengers. I like the mesh of Superhero and Military look, and my favorite is the helmet. I think HT decided to skimp a little on the detail cause the proto helmet looked like it had a sheen to it. Although, it need a little bit more. So once I started on the helmet mod, that's when I decided to add the other details.

Added battle damage to the shield and also dullcoated it to make it less reflective

CapBattleDm1b.jpg

CapBattleDm4.jpg

Avengers2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Can't get enough of your pics my friend!
You should do your own art-book or smth one day.

Thank you Sined. I have a couple of the sideshow album and I've thought of making a something similar on my collections. Would definitely consider doing that somewhere down the line. Thx again for the input.

CAPmod 2.0.
As much as I love the first mod to the helmet, I think I may have applied a little bit too much gloss. Since I'm not a pro at modding, In trying to apply it evenly, I ended up with several coats.
So I bought another head from a fellow freak in this board and this time applied it moderately.
I think I like this one better. Definitely looks closer to the film

CapNew3.jpg

Battlecap6C.jpg

CapNew2.jpg

CapNew4.jpg

Last edited:

The gloss on the first was good but the logo and damage were getting bit overshadowed by the reflection. But the V2.0 with matte finish is definitely standing out. Looks nice. Great job mate. :duff

I agree Sarvesh. I was very proud of the first mod but after eventually looking at it for awhile, I thought it was too glossy.
Definitely liking this version much better.

I do have another Cap headsculpt coming from ebay that I won. I'm gonna try to hit a middleground, but honestly, I think v2 is pretty much closer to the film. We'll see.

I agree Sarvesh. I was very proud of the first mod but after eventually looking at it for awhile, I thought it was too glossy.
Definitely liking this version much better.

I do have another Cap headsculpt coming from ebay that I won. I'm gonna try to hit a middleground, but honestly, I think v2 is pretty much closer to the film. We'll see.

Good luck with it mate. Hope you achieve the final result as per your expectation. Nevertheless will look forward to your V3.0. :duff

Back