Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope so. Well ive heard very good things about Remake. Not really heard much fan reaction to Zero

I thought both were very good. The switch off function between Rebecca and Billy in Zero was pretty cool. Rebecca is my favorite as well, so I'm partial to that game.

Question I have an xbox 360 How do I switch modern controls on RE4. I have no idea how.

So, just bought a Gamecube. i've never had one before.
So, just bought RE-Remake. I've never played it before.
So, just bought RE-Zero. I've never played it before.

I thought both were very good. The switch off function between Rebecca and Billy in Zero was pretty cool. Rebecca is my favorite as well, so I'm partial to that game.

RE0 is a fantastic game. Some people didn't like the "leeches", but I thought they were interesting; plus, you get to learn a lot more about Umbrella's 3rd founder Marcus. I like how Rebecca is such a badass in RE0, but then turns into a scared little girl in RE1 :lol:lol:lol:lol

And the RE1 remake is by far my favorite RE game.

Played re and the directors cut, 2,3, code veronica, 4 and 5. Not really played the other spinoffs. Though i have considered the outbreak games but much like Zero ive not seen much discussion about them so i dont know what to expect

Played re and the directors cut, 2,3, code veronica, 4 and 5. Not really played the other spinoffs. Though i have considered the outbreak games but much like Zero ive not seen much discussion about them so i dont know what to expect

Remake is by far the creepiest RE game so far (and my 2nd fave in the series) and 0 is a highly underrated game. I never got into the Outbreak games though.

Outbreak was tough for me to get into as it felt kind of weird to me. The load time alone would drive you crazy unless you bought the PS2 hard drive.

I hope they make it like this......horror, suspense, fixed camera angles, pure awesomeness

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg[/ame]

My God I MISS Outbreak! Playing it online was so damn fun and addicting! I've got stories! Here's one:

In the final mission, "Decisions, Decisions," you are to make a cure to the T-Virus and escape the campus. In order to gather the ingredients, you'll have to gather the Tyrant "Thanatos's" blood (while he's trying to kill you mind you), a compound through a subway filled with giant hornets, and another compound in a sewer full of Frog Hunters. Out of the four of us (I was Unmasked HUNK), two died, one was eaten by a Frog Hunter and the other became a zombie in the subway tunnels. We were also playing on the hardest difficulty, meaning you'd be on the ground in one or two hits. After my buddy and I got to the construction site, Thanatos attacks with a vengeance. Since both he and I ran out of ammo, I used my knife to take on Thanatos while my buddy was limping and I was still in "Fine" condition. I took Thanatos out with the knife, and we proceeded to the next area which would be the final battle. Here, Thanatos returns yet again and transforms ala Mr. X in RE2's final battle. Luckily, I kept an extra vial of the serum to kill Thanatos in one hit, otherwise we would've been screwed!

Sure, the old RE games had more horror... but they are a pain in the ass to play now.

They need to work on the animations and the overall "stiffness" of the game. I still enjoyed both RE4 and 5 though. Their graphics engine for RE5 was also immense and very well optimized.

The outbreak series might be coming to PSN, but it better be online co-op. If it isn't it'll just be a waste.

I can play all the RE games naturally apart from 5. It usually takes a level to get back used to the controls on that after a bit of absence

Dunno, just hate fixed cameras.

I realize the intent for RE, but I believe it was also done as a technical thing back in the day.

I don't have a problem with the classic RE controls at all either. Just recently finished RE2 with Leon again. God I miss the old RE!

Classic Resident Evil controls are like second nature to me. I can pick it up and play it with no problem. Same goes for Resident Evil 4. The new setup they had for 5 messed with my mind, though. I had to set it up with the Resident Evil 4 style control scheme and then everything was fine again.

Back