Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually wish sega would rise once more. i love sonic, he deserves alot more respect.

I see alot of mixed complaints saying "I wanna go back to the original clunky controls and bad camera fans" and of course the ever so popular. "WAHHHHH Its not horror anymore its all action fans" I see alot of positives tho becuase RE has drawn alot of new fans and recaptured old ones like myself. The oldschool thirty somthing year old fans, not so much.
The new games are great. No denying it. But the truth of it is that Capcom is catering to fans that have shorter and shorter attention spans and want all games to be non-stop action shooter-type fare. The suspense and horror of the original Resident Evil is what set those games apart from others. Now, they're just variations on a theme of shooter. And there are about 15,000,000 different shooters out there. Res. Evil just tends to make better ones than other companies. There is still atmosphere and suspense, of course, but these are primarily action games now.

Controls in the older games weren't bad, though. That's a misunderstanding on your part. Different kind of game, providing the gamer with a different experience. More isn't always better.

Classic Resident Evil controls are like second nature to me.
Yeah, they were. . .

36 is a good age.
. . .TO DIE!!

Despite the contradiction, no one mentioned that Capcom said it takes place in 2013. I'm inclined to stick with that and therefore see it as a sequel.

I forget, was the idea offered up that the different scenarios take place in different years? Maybe Leon takes place 10 years after RC, and Chris or the new guy is in 2013.

Despite the contradiction, no one mentioned that Capcom said it takes place in 2013. I'm inclined to stick with that and therefore see it as a sequel.

I forget, was the idea offered up that the different scenarios take place in different years? Maybe Leon takes place 10 years after RC, and Chris or the new guy is in 2013.

That was exactly my best guess :lecture

. . .TO DIE!!

Dunno if you did know, but Capcom had planned the death of Leon S Kennedy in RE4, although in the end they changed mind...and left him to live :/

Last edited:

No becuase remember they said that Leon and chris are doing there missions at the same time. So leon and chris are fighting off the war and maybe the new guy takes place in 10 years later. Its weird becuase chris is actually at the same places as the new guy. It even has been confirmed that Leon and chris's stories interwined with each other so they may meet.

No becuase remember they said that Leon and chris are doing there missions at the same time. So leon and chris are fighting off the war and maybe the new guy takes place in 10 years later. Its weird becuase chris is actually at the same places as the new guy. It even has been confirmed that Leon and chris's stories interwined with each other so they may meet.

Do you have the source that says that? (not calling you a liar just curious)

Will you be able to move while aiming this time? Like in Dead Space?

How realistic is it to stand still while picking off a few zombies while the rest continue to approach you.

Maintaining distance is the key to survival against zombies :lecture

Do you have the source that says that? (not calling you a liar just curious)

No worries but from the ign and gamespot info they say that chris and Leon are fighting there battles at the same time.

How realistic is it to stand still while picking off a few zombies while the rest continue to approach you.
This is one thing i have never minded. I have never disliked having to stand still while shooting. And to be honest, for the most part its more realistic.

Powerful, real guns you cannot walk and shoot anyway. If you have 1 foot off the ground and shoot especially going backwards the recoil would send you on your ass and ready to be picked off by a Zombie.

Id hate to sacrifice realism of firearms because some people are a bad aim and want to be able to move back whilst shooting or just want to rush the game and walk forwards all through it.

But, if they said you could walk with basic pistols or whatever and when you start getting more powerful ones later on you need to have your feet planted whilst firing id be happy. I wouldnt be impressed if by the end of the game you are walking duel wielding magnums firing them both at the same time with seemingly no struggle for him to control them.

I really wish RE would introduce a stamina system. I think that would really add to the feeling of tension.

Last edited:
Im not bothered about owning a Chris figure. Im 100% supporting a Leon figure. And Maybe Alex? Whoever baldy is.

Back