Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope this new game is more like RE2/3 than RE5. RE5 was fun, but there wasn't very much about it that distinguished it as RE.

I also hope RE6 is longer. I can beat RE5 on Pro in just over 2 hrs without infinite ammo and RE4 still takes me on average 8 hrs to beat on Normal.
My shortest overall time on RE 5 is for Normal and its 2:22:49. However, a bunch of levels i've done faster times were in Pro. I dont think its humanly possible to get much a lower time unless you had 2 human players to do their own stuff especially in the temple and such.

RE 4 ive never had a timed run before. I enjoy head shooting, and item collecting too much to just power through it with the PRL to see what i would end up with.

I restarted Remake again this afternoon as Chris this time. As much as the original games are awesome they are a hell of a ball ache. Im sick of backtracking every time i get a single item. Ive got a gun, clip, mansion key, old key and kerosin and 1 spare slot that means ive always got to run back and fourth back and fourth. One thing the newer games > over the older.

Last edited:
My shortest overall time on RE 5 is for Normal and its 2:22:49. However, a bunch of levels i've done faster times were in Pro. I dont think its humanly possible to get much a lower time unless you had 2 human players to do their own stuff especially in the temple and such.

RE 4 ive never had a timed run before. I enjoy head shooting, and item collecting too much to just power through it with the PRL to see what i would end up with.

I restarted Remake again this afternoon as Chris this time. As much as the original games are awesome they are a hell of a ball ache. Im sick of backtracking every time i get a single item. Ive got a gun, clip, mansion key, old key and kerosin and 1 spare slot that means ive always got to run back and fourth back and fourth. One thing the newer games > over the older.

Chris has less storage space remember! But in honesty, its realistic. You can only really carry a handgun, few clips, a key or two, shotgun overthe shoulder and maybe one more item, thats it.

Jill has the extra slots due to her pouches which works out realistic too. I always hated RE4, having a huge case full of 6 different guns and stuff. I would like to see items visible on the character, like the shotgun on the back, and when the pistol isn't equipped, should be holstered.

Really, doors would be locked in the mansion, so naturally you would have to backtrack. i guess thats why I never minded. Sometimes it got boring going back and forth over and over, but then I thought; if the doors locked and you cant shoot it down, you find a key, and voilla! You got Resi!

Infact, it would be nice if you could have the realtime RE5 style inventory and actually see you character swap weapons, so he/she puts the shotgun on her back and gets the handgun out, not just a magic shotgun appear out of nowhere from your back.

Chris has less storage space remember! But in honesty, its realistic. You can only really carry a handgun, few clips, a key or two, shotgun overthe shoulder and maybe one more item, thats it.
But then he is carrying a lighter, a VHS a bunch of flash grenades and daggers that dont even take up 1 slot! You would think he could fit about 5-6 keys in 1 of his pockets. Its unrealistic 1 key takes up the same space as a shotgun.

I hate to have a downer on the game im just annoyed at the amount of time wasting it brings :impatient:

But then he is carrying a lighter, a VHS a bunch of flash grenades and daggers that dont even take up 1 slot! You would think he could fit about 5-6 keys in 1 of his pockets. Its unrealistic 1 key takes up the same space as a shotgun.

I hate to have a downer on the game im just annoyed at the amount of time wasting it brings :impatient:

To be honest, I love remake but sometimes to me, i just cant play it no matter how great it is. max daggers I had was 3, and max grenades I ever had at one time was 2 lol!

I just cant be bothered to go back and forth over and over though. I liked the puzzles, but what made the back tracking annoying was how slow the characters ran. It waslike slow-mo running, then ontop of the door animations EVERY god damn door.

With todays technology and in RE4 over the shoulder speed, it would cut hours out of the games back and forth. You run much faster, and mostly no loading screens. Sometimes they took 5-10 seconds a PIECE, and you spent more time door loading than you did in the room.

But yes, imagine REmake with the over the shoulder pace, and no loading animations between doors, thats how RE to me, should be like now.

I mean, RE3 to me had it perfect. Jill/Carlos ran really fast compared to RE2/REmake/0, the loading times were super short, and there was very, very little back tracking apart from the Dead Factory and abit of the clock tower.

Re3 i feel is the best paced game of them all. Both the first 2 games its like 80% mansion/RPD backtracking, door unlocking and in the last 20% you get a bunch of all new areas that you appear to just breeze through. All though RE 2 pacing was a bit better than the first as there was a tad more to do in the Lab then the first.

I think RE 5's lost in nightmares is extremely well done for a "bonus" level. It essentially showed us they could do a original feeling-Remake style game with great graphics, atmosphere, scenery and sense of survival horror if they wanted to.

4hrs 20 minuets on RE4 for me. its so easy and so dull.

My best time on RE4 was 7hrs and something. I probably could have done it in under 6hrs if I hadn't taken the time to kill everything possible :lol RE5 is still the easiest imo though.

2hrs 10mins 22secs on Amateur is my best overall time on RE5 (PS3 version). Regardless, even for a speed run, 3hrs for any modern game is too short imho and I'm not even close to being a pro at the game.

Re3 i feel is the best paced game of them all. Both the first 2 games its like 80% mansion/RPD backtracking, door unlocking and in the last 20% you get a bunch of all new areas that you appear to just breeze through. All though RE 2 pacing was a bit better than the first as there was a tad more to do in the Lab then the first.

I think RE 5's lost in nightmares is extremely well done for a "bonus" level. It essentially showed us they could do a original feeling-Remake style game with great graphics, atmosphere, scenery and sense of survival horror if they wanted to.

i prefer 3 over 2. sacrilidge to many, but its my fav game. love 2 but RE3 improves gameplay and i loved not being stuck in a building

i prefer 3 over 2. sacrilidge to many, but its my fav game. love 2 but RE3 improves gameplay and i loved not being stuck in a building

I still prefer 2 over 3 in terms of story and the creepyness but 3 is definitely better paced and more intense. I've also played RE3 more than any RE game including 4 (my personal fave).

I liked how RE# and 2 took place at the same time. Very intriging . Ilove that for some reason.

I liked how RE# and 2 took place at the same time. Very intriging . Ilove that for some reason.

they didnt. RE3 happens upto jill getting infected. while she is KO RE2 happens. then RE3 starts back up.

i like how Jill thinks Marvin is dead when he isn't! I love getting to see more of the city, and UBCS are awsome.

My problem with RE4s boringness is that the settings are naff. loved the castle but the Illuminados cult enemies were naff. then the action end of the game was a joke. just such a disjointed game, like it tried to be suspenseful at the start but then it went a bore carrying ashley everywhere. then it went full on action with gatling guns here and there, then it went to iron maiden/tense again then aaaaall the way back to action shoot em up. it didnt know what it wanted to be!

still HATED how spanish town folk which are so backward managed to drop ammo. wouldve been better facing salvador with just 3 clips in ya handgun and 7 shotty rounds ;)

loved novistadors like ive said before. awsome enemies.

That's what I meant to say actually. When Jill is knocked out re2 starts

Back