Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m done trying to body swap this thing. Found a good color match but the neck is way too wide, it wouldn’t even work if I sanded the length like I planned on doing originally.

IMG_6979.jpeg

I wanted a RE6 Chris for the longest time. And when HT made Re6 Leon it gave me hope. It never came. I loved his character in 6, I think it’s defintely favourite Chris in all the games. I really like him in village too.
RE5-RE6 Chris are my favourites too. Really keeping my fingers crossed for a RE5 remake with updated graphics and all.

anyone have a JX Toys body and wanna see how the MT Leon head fits and matches color wise? :LOL:

View attachment 722125
Not a match. Head doesnt really fit but you may be able to cut the head to fit. But the skintone is way off. Also JX looks really good on promotional images but what I got was not what I expected. The body looks and feels really cheap. There’s no skin texture painted, the body is way darker than shown in promo and the hands are very cheap looking. And the wristconnectors the figure comes with dont even fit properly on the body..

If you compare it to the stock jiaou body the proportions are pretty much identical. Personally I’m content with the stock body, it’s good enough. Seamless arms look good, the weight is nice. Proportions are pretty good.

The only other body I tried that fits the MT head is Damtoys RE2 Leon. So if you’re desperate for a bodyswap you’ll need to get one of those.

Attachments

• IMG_9752.jpeg
    IMG_9752.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9754.jpeg
    IMG_9754.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9751.jpeg
    IMG_9751.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Thank you. I think from those pics the skin tone looks close but I know cameras tend to help with that. I do prefer the boxier torso on the jointed body though.

Overall I am fine with the stock body as well, I'm just happy its an accurate height.

Thank you. I think from those pics the skin tone looks close but I know cameras tend to help with that. I do prefer the boxier torso on the jointed body though.

Overall I am fine with the stock body as well, I'm just happy its an accurate height.
Yea its the warm lighting. Its definitely not matching

I wanna repaint ashleys hair to be more of a silver. Her hair is too cheeto’s/cheddar for my taste. It’s pretty jarring comparing her to the game.

1000158720.jpg
Screenshot_20240826_094022_eBay.jpg

Anyone seen this Jacket before? Looks like a perfect replacement for the old RE4 Hot Toys one. Based on other pics it appears to be made from a similar material as the MTTOYS one, so no flaking/peeling. Only downside is it'll run you ~$60.

My opinion and review:

Master Team RE4 Remake Leon
This is the first 3rd party figure I've bought since the Lim Toys Arthur Morgan back in 2022 (or 2021, I can't remember 🤣).

I think most 3rd party figures are rubbish, but this is pretty good. I like the headsculpts, the brown jacket is cloth and not pleather which is a huge win! The seamless arms have more range than I thought, I like these more than those dumbass bodies with single bend arms (I REALLY hate those bodies! Either be seamless or double bend, single bend arms serve no purpose except to be a pile of 💩)

Accessories are good, I wish there was more guns but I have a crap load of 1/6 guns from 9 years of collecting so I'll deck him out eventually 🤣

I recommend this if you are a resident evil fan, especially because dam toys seem to be doing nothing with the license so this is probably all we will get. I refuse to have the motto "something is better than nothing" which is why I've passed on third party figures of characters I would like to have in the collection but I think this is a good purchase. I have the master team Ada on preorder and now I'm excited to get that whenever it releases.

IMG_4868.jpeg
IMG_4866.jpeg
IMG_4875.jpeg
IMG_4886.jpeg
IMG_4881.jpeg
IMG_4887.jpeg
IMG_4870.jpeg

This looks more like the Remake jacket. Definitely looks to be slightly the same.
It does look fairly similar but the main differences are the smaller collar, which can remain upright around the neck along with the darker tone in the fur. Both details are more true to the original game's coat design.

Back