Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leon got rich just with MT figure sales. :monkey4
IMG_8705.jpeg

Last edited:
Did the holster strap swap, and added a flashbang from Dam Leon to the back of his belt.

Now to paint the boots, pouches, and body swap.

Still unsure what body I want to use, I’ll likely end up frankensteining my own together, just wanna make sure I get the right colored neck piece.

IMG_6798.jpeg
IMG_6805.jpeg

Did the holster strap swap, and added a flashbang from Dam Leon to the back of his belt.

Now to paint the boots, pouches, and body swap.

Still unsure what body I want to use, I’ll likely end up frankensteining my own together, just wanna make sure I get the right colored neck piece.

View attachment 721117View attachment 721118
Both Leon’s are looking awesome posed up together.

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the straps in game green??

Also nice touch with the grenade.

Basic acrylic works well on the pouches. Are you painting all the pouches or just the ones that are suppose to be black?

Both Leon’s are looking awesome posed up together.

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the straps in game green??

Also nice touch with the grenade.

Basic acrylic works well on the pouches. Are you painting all the pouches or just the ones that are suppose to be black?

To my eyes they come off as tan, they’re far less tan than the straps I have on the figure though, but don’t have many options. I can definitely see them coming off as green though.

I will say, regardless, literally anything looks better than the extremely inaccurate black they went with. I don’t know why they did that lol.

I plan on painting all of the pouches that need to be black, but I’m not sure how I want to do it, I’ve seen your paint and I know that’ll work, but I kinda wanna try dying it as well, just depends on the material, I doubt it’ll stick.

Attachments

• IMG_6806.jpeg
    IMG_6806.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 0
To my eyes they come off as tan, they’re far less tan than the straps I have on the figure though, but don’t have many options. I can definitely see them coming off as green though.

I will say, regardless, literally anything looks better than the extremely inaccurate black they went with. I don’t know why they did that lol.

I plan on painting all of the pouches that need to be black, but I’m not sure how I want to do it, I’ve seen your paint and I know that’ll work, but I kinda wanna try dying it as well, just depends on the material, I doubt it’ll stick.
Yeh to me they look dark green, but it is definitely an improvement.

I thought about trying to dye them, but that one front pouch if half green, half black so I opted for acrylic instead.

I don’t think I got the colour right but I also painted the two green back pouches a darker green since they looked darker in game… tho that might have been my settings since I keep my brightness kinda low.

The pouches should definitely be darker. Something I plan to do same with the shirt needing dying. Can't really find a suitable body for leon as not many that have his physique.

I'm not worried about the physique really, I plan on displaying him with the jacket on. I'm just trying to find a body with the proper color neck. I have one on the way now, I'm also gonna have to dremel the neck down in order for the head to sit properly.

I also think I'm fine with the stock shirt. Seeing the figure next to ROTJ Luke, who has a stark grey tunic on, Leons shirt is fairly navy. Certainly not to the degree of the in game model, but I kinda like the in between.

I'm not worried about the physique really, I plan on displaying him with the jacket on. I'm just trying to find a body with the proper color neck. I have one on the way now, I'm also gonna have to dremel the neck down in order for the head to sit properly.

I also think I'm fine with the stock shirt. Seeing the figure next to ROTJ Luke, who has a stark grey tunic on, Leons shirt is fairly navy. Certainly not to the degree of the in game model, but I kinda like the in between.
I do think finding a Dam toys body with the seamless arms might be a good option. I plan to get one and see how it works.

I do think finding a Dam toys body with the seamless arms might be a good option. I plan to get one and see how it works.

Thats kind of my plan. I have a DAM body and just got another body that has a neck cover that looks like itll match better, most of the dam bodies are pretty pink

Thats kind of my plan. I have a DAM body and just got another body that has a neck cover that looks like itll match better, most of the dam bodies are pretty pink
Yeah that's the main issue. Something more lighter with some slight redness in some areas would be great. I honestly feel getting a body with seamless arms is a must because we don’t have much options. Suprised no company has made better bodies that match various muscular physique.

I’ve had one of those seamless arms dam figures before.

They aren’t the best. The arms aren’t as long as the normal Dam arms and the rubber seem to be sculpted for a harsh 90 degree bend. So you’re not stressing the rubber with posing but it looks so unnatural in any other pose.

You can probably make it work for Leon in a pistol holding pose… but yeah

The other option for Dam is the single jointed hard sculpted arms. If you go for the vest look you can hide the joint, but you will get virtually no movement out of that body.

The Leon that I ordered from Kit's extra stock last week arrived yesterday! Super fast shipping and great service from him.

This is my first RE figure and I couldn't be happier. He's been a blast to pose and accessorize (although putting together all the straps and pouches was a pain haha) and I'm really pleased with his headsculpts.

Should I be wary of keeping his elbow bent due to the joint breaking through the silicone? I'm not sure how durable this silicone is, compared to something like GameToys AC Cloud's arms.

These are just phone photos for now, but I also just preordered MT Ada 2.0 and will do an actual photoshoot with them both once she arrives later this year:

IMG_6418.jpgIMG_6427.jpgIMG_6424.jpg

All this deluge of RE4 figures by MTToys, RE2 by Damtoys, makes me wish so hard for them to visit the RE5 licence. Someone please give us an RE5 Chris. He desperately needs an update. That RE8 version released by MTToys was a feeble attempt in contrast to what they can truly achieve, given the level of detail and attention given to the recent RE4 line.

Tired of trying to find that decades old grail RE5 from Hot Toys.

You’ll probably have to wait until Capcom remakes 5. As much as people want figures from the older games these companies won’t do them unless it’s from the current remakes/reimagined games or a popular character like Ada or Jill, lol. Hot toys didn’t even finished the re6 line and look how long it took for them to release re4 Ada after they released the first round of figures. Also, with Dam who knows what they have plan or not. I’m surprised we got some figures from Village since 7 the game that saved rhe franchise and brought the series back to its roots got nothing, lol. We have a better chance of getting figures from re1 to 5 if they get remakes.

I wanted a RE6 Chris for the longest time. And when HT made Re6 Leon it gave me hope. It never came. I loved his character in 6, I think it’s defintely favourite Chris in all the games. I really like him in village too.

Back