Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same, I was on a long flight so I just wasn't able to do so.

Well, fingers crossed there's a 2.0 release. I don't this there might be one since Leon doesn't have another set of clothes.
He does have Vest look and infected appearance. MT can definitely release 2.0 if they want to, with bunch of new accessories and accurate color T-shirt. They should as this one is a hit and praised by everyone.

Same, I was on a long flight so I just wasn't able to do so.

Well, fingers crossed there's a 2.0 release. I don't this there might be one since Leon doesn't have another set of clothes.
I’d actually take a 2.0 for Leon and Ashley. Along with whatever else they wanna do from the Remake.

Leon has more outfit options than Ada.

If they wanted to go Canon they could go with the prologue “Agent suit” which could double for an Infinite Darkness Leon.

Not to mention they could go with a Late game look with the infection showing in his arms and the bulletproof vest and heavy weathering.

I don’t personally want any of the alt costumes for Leon but they could do the OG outfit with the Remake sculpt… which I’m still think should have been an actual inclusion in game.

The 2.0 Ada is just an excuse to release the 1.0 with the alt dress thrown in to convince people to double dip. They could easily do that with Leon if they wanted.

Thank you for your approval~;)
First of all, I use special clothes dye add it to dark navy blue, and multiple superimposed dyeing can achieve the effect of deepening the blue color for the clothes. The second part is that use a special clothes coloring pen to paint a deeper blue color to certain parts of the shoulders and back.
Finally, there is the final effect shown on the picture!
View attachment 720520
Shirt came out looking incredible. Puts my effort to shame 😂

Curious now you dyed the shirt, got any other changes planned?

I’d highly recommend painting the pouches.

A Leon 2.0 might very much be possible. Everyone seems to forget, but the prototype MT Leon images did have sculpted plastic accessory pouches. While the cloth ones did come out good, I still think these would've been better
bc395a0b41e9c6de.jpg
1000154668.jpg

I would've passed it off as a last minute design change, like they did with Ashley's mouth (lol) but then I saw this image in one ebay listing of a comparison between the cloth and plastic pouches. Couldn't find this image anywhere else, but the plastic pouches are still alive at the least.
20240816_074724.jpg

I feel like they're going to do a Leon 2.0 with hard pouches and possibly a new head sculpt/alternate outfit (Pinstripe suit with Chicago Typewriter?)

Last edited:
A Leon 2.0 might very much be possible. Everyone seems to forget, but the prototype MT Leon images did have sculpted plastic accessory pouches. While the cloth ones did come out good, I still think these would've been betterView attachment 720674View attachment 720672

I would've passed it off as a last minute design change, like they did with Ashley's mouth (lol) but then I saw this image in one ebay listing of a comparison between the cloth and plastic pouches. Couldn't find this image anywhere else, but the plastic pouches are still alive at the least.
View attachment 720675
I feel like they're going to do a Leon 2.0 with hard pouches and possibly a new head sculpt/alternate outfit (Pinstripe suit with Chicago Typewriter?)
They just changed the color, pouches have always been fabric.

A Leon 2.0 might very much be possible. Everyone seems to forget, but the prototype MT Leon images did have sculpted plastic accessory pouches. While the cloth ones did come out good, I still think these would've been betterView attachment 720674View attachment 720672

View attachment 720675
Pretty sure the above image was posted previously in this thread months ago, to show the “upgraded” fabric pouches.

I don’t think they held back the sculpt pouches for a 2.0

Pretty sure the above image was posted previously in this thread months ago, to show the “upgraded” fabric pouches.

I don’t think they held back the sculpt pouches for a 2.0
Guess you are right, after seeing the image on my computer screen they look sculpted. Personally I prefer the fabric pouches, they feel more premium and realistic.

Guess you are right, after seeing the image on my computer screen they look sculpted. Personally I prefer the fabric pouches, they feel more premium and realistic.
I’ve warmed up to the pouches having them in hand and seeing how easy it was to fix the colour.

I think they should stick with fabric for a 2.0 but the sculpted do look really good with all the creases

I’ve warmed up to the pouches having them in hand and seeing how easy it was to fix the colour.

I think they should stick with fabric for a 2.0 but the sculpted do look really good with all the creases

Sculpted usually look a bit more in scale and it's easier to add more detail. But fabric is more realistic in the end...
Tough choice. I am not the kind of person to actually put stuff inside those little pouches, so sculpted works fine for me but I do not like the shine sculpted pouches often have... makes them seem more toy like.

Sculpted usually look a bit more in scale and it's easier to add more detail. But fabric is more realistic in the end...
Tough choice. I am not the kind of person to actually put stuff inside those little pouches, so sculpted works fine for me but I do not like the shine sculpted pouches often have... makes them seem more toy like.
So I actually prefer sculpted for pouches, more in scale and the natural creases and fine details.

However I’m glad MTToys went with fabric for Leon, it’s much easier to correct the colour on fabric pouches than sculpted.

If the colour is accurate sculpted all the way but given a choice between all black sculpted or all green fabric… I’d take the fabric and a little acrylic paint.

Got enough spare accessories today to build an alternate body for the other Leon head sculpt.
20240816_162535.jpg

20240816_162624.jpg

Also got another Jacket. Hot Toys Leon is now RE 3.5 Fodder. I'd highly recommend picking up a spare jacket while you still can.
20240816_161949.jpg

LOVE that 3.5 look, and I don't even like that original HT sculpt. But I think it works really well with that look in specific.

While everyone's showing off their new Leon's, I'm sitting here looking up dumb RE facts. 🥲
Looks like Leon really cashed in on his figure.

View attachment 720986
View attachment 720987View attachment 720988
I imagine Leon is worth more because he worked directly for the president and not to mention saved his daughter so he was a high paid agent. Chris worked for the BSAA who are a private organization that protected the world from Bio threats. Though he's recently gone rogue, and is doing his own thing with his wolf squad since the BSAA have become more corrupt and started using bioweapons, but I'm sure he has funding to back his operations.

Back