Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 5 (movie)

Just for fun, here's my RE dream cast taken from a different thread

I like Til Schwieger for Wesker
untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

WWE's Kane (Glen Jacobs) as Nemesis
untitled3.jpg

Nemesis.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Claire
untitled4.jpg

claire.jpg

Jenson Ackels as Leon
jenson-ackles.jpg

Resident_Evil.jpg

I'm glad leon and ada are making an appearance. I personally like these movies the more I see them. It's got the spiderman3 effect for me. After you see it once...and you know what to expect, it becomes easier to watch and thus more enjoyable.

I didn't like claire, but I didn't think chris was too bad...it's a shame he's not gonna be in this next one. He didn't have enough time at all.

Somebody get Chris a can of first aid spray!

I really like these movies. But the " lack of character development" is usually redundant as a reason not to like the movies because when it is used - people use it in a sense the movie character is nothing like the game character. Its not trying to be! its a new take. With Wesker a few pages back. The movie wesker is not game wesker. Movie wesker wasnt the leader of STARS in a mansion mission, he wasnt a lab mastermind, he wasnt involved with the incident on rockfort Island nor did he steal Steve Burnsides corpse for the veronica Virus or send Ada after las plagas (Yet). He is simply the chairman of Umbrella got got killed and brought himself back with the T-virus. We are essentially at RE 1 Level of development of movie wesker. So just because he is in his midnight gear at the end of afterlife it doesnt mean we are to have 14 years background on him.

RE Movies are great at developing character. It's introduced a heap of great characters that were not in RE games. I don't go into the movies looking for names and connections to the video game as a reason to like it. It's just a nice nod to me. My enjoyment doesnt hang in the balance of a name drop and ripped scene from a game.

I can see why people dont like the movie's either. If i wasnt a huge fan of the games of Milla id be very MEH to them.

Last edited:

Somebody get Chris a can of first aid spray!

I really like these movies. But the " lack of character development" is usually redundant as a reason not to like the movies because when it is used - people use it in a sense the movie character is nothing like the game character. Its not trying to be! its a new take. With Wesker a few pages back. The movie wesker is not game wesker. Movie wesker wasnt the leader of STARS in a mansion mission, he wasnt a lab mastermind, he wasnt involved with the incident on rockfort Island nor did he steal Steve Burnsides corpse for the veronica Virus or send Ada after las plagas (Yet). He is simply the chairman of Umbrella got got killed and brought himself back with the T-virus. We are essentially at RE 1 Level of development of movie wesker. So just because he is in his midnight gear at the end of afterlife it doesnt mean we are to have 14 years background on him.

RE Movies are great at developing character. It's introduced a heap of great characters that were not in RE games. I don't go into the movies looking for names and connections to the video game as a reason to like it. It's just a nice nod to me. My enjoyment doesnt hang in the balance of a name drop and ripped scene from a game.

I can see why people dont like the movie's either. If i wasnt a huge fan of the games of Milla id be very MEH to them.

I love this post. You should be like "Where were all of you when they decided to make The Joker wear Paint and be so f'n serious all the time in TDK?"

Shawn was a good choice already (IMO), he just needed more speaking parts.
Shawn-Roberts-is-Albert-Wesker-albert-wesker-15496412-400-300.jpg

resident-evil-afterlife-wes.jpg

My biggest problem with Shawn Roberts was it felt like he was trying to hard. When I hear his voice, it sounds like someone doing a bad Wesker impresson. He also imo is too young looking for Wesker. The fight scenes were good though. Practically ripped from RE5. In another thread someone recommended Michael Fassbender as Wesker. I think he would be a great choice too.

Michael Fassbender is the new Johnny Depp, people recommend him for every role.

My biggest problem with Shawn Roberts was it felt like he was trying to hard. When I hear his voice, it sounds like someone doing a bad Wesker impresson. He also imo is too young looking for Wesker. The fight scenes were good though. Practically ripped from RE5. In another thread someone recommended Michael Fassbender as Wesker. I think he would be a great choice too.

Same. He has potential to make a good Wesker. He's just not there yet.

I recommended Fassbender :wave

Returning Cast Spoilers below (maybe?) from IGN

Spoiler Spoiler:

To the last thing about Wesker in the "Spoiler", ARE THEY FREAKING SERIOUS!

It seems like they are trying to service fans of the first movie in this one. I don't really care...because the series doesn't make sense as is, but I have no idea how they will use all these characters.

I actually feel excited to see more about this one. I'm curious about the style of it. They all have vastly different styles. Which is pretty cool.

Returning Cast Spoilers below (maybe?) from IGN

Spoiler Spoiler:

To the last thing about Wesker in the "Spoiler", ARE THEY FREAKING SERIOUS!

Weird...That makes two.

Cameo? Boo.

Weird...That makes two.

Cameo? Boo.

In seeing how the movie will "focus" on Leon, I understand why Weskers role would be diminished (though its stupid). Maybe they're saving him to close out Resident Evil 6 (the saga closer?) By that time, Alex Wesker will take over the games, and Albert will be out of date or something lame. They'll drop Albert just to pick up something current:mad:, like how they skipped hunters, spiders, chimeras, sharks, crimson heads, and everything else for ganados and the executioner.

Is this the last movie ? Or will they be more ? Hopefully we see a prequal called biohazrd with jill and whoever was with her at the mansion. No alice either. Wish we could see leon soon to. Hope he's in this movie.

In seeing how the movie will "focus" on Leon, I understand why Weskers role would be diminished (though its stupid). Maybe they're saving him to close out Resident Evil 6 (the saga closer?) By that time, Alex Wesker will take over the games, and Albert will be out of date or something lame. They'll drop Albert just to pick up something current:mad:, like how they skipped hunters, spiders, chimeras, sharks, crimson heads, and everything else for ganados and the executioner.

Pretty much cuz they wait for a new resident evil game to come out to get ideas from. And half of those monster wouldnt work in these movies mainly becuase if would look like some cheap scifi movie. Sharks and spiders wouldnt work.

Back