Rick O’Connell Premium Format Figure – The Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not usually flat out negative about a piece. But this sculpt is horrible. It looks like a custom sculpt done by a subpar artist that sells on toy forums. Not someone that works professionally at least. OUCH!

Oh and the new famed deposit is attached I see.

This is a perfect example of why they should NOT have that in my opinion. :lecture

looks like a cartoon...ultimate Fail...wont even sell 50 of these.

I'm not usually flat out negative about a piece. But this sculpt is horrible. It looks like a custom sculpt done by a subpar artist that sells on toy forums. Not someone that works professionally at least. OUCH!

Oh and the new famed deposit is attached I see.

This is a perfect example of why they should NOT have that in my opinion. :lecture

I think it's a perfect example of why they should. It'll show them, that with their current QC issues, it just won't work. :lol

While I'm not a huge fan of it, I'm surprised it hasn't sold enough for a low quantity bar....I would have thought they could have gotten 150 people to buy into it. Slow sales ensure no second PF, an Evie PF with a custom base ala The Monster and Bride would have been cool but no chance now....I wonder if they'll cap the PF edition lower than 150 for the Ex.....

While I'm not a huge fan of it, I'm surprised it hasn't sold enough for a low quantity bar....I would have thought they could have gotten 150 people to buy into it. Slow sales ensure no second PF, an Evie PF with a custom base ala The Monster and Bride would have been cool but no chance now....I wonder if they'll cap the PF edition lower than 150 for the Ex.....

You're surprised? Seriously?

300010_press05-001.jpg

You're surprised? Seriously?

300010_press05-001.jpg

Not the best likeness but in terms of Sideshow's track record nowhere near the worst. I can see the actor likeness and think with a repaint it'd be almost spot on but still, the low quantity bar is a 100 and less right? They haven't even gotten 51 people to order?

Not the best likeness but in terms of Sideshow's track record nowhere near the worst. I can see the actor likeness and think with a repaint it'd be almost spot on but still, the low quantity bar is a 100 and less right? They haven't even gotten 51 people to order?

You shouldn't have to repaint a $300 statue though.

It looks like him if he was in The Mummy cartoon series. It's way too pale for one thing.

I do quite like this figure and by the sounds of things I'm the only guy here to like the Mummy (except for 3, that's shocking) but I do agree with the guys who say he looks cartoony, I might get this depending on Sideshow improving on the sculpt and paint..

the low quantity bar isn't even up yet :lol

I think those people that call out the nitpickers can't find a reason to make them stop :).

It's a PF first of all, the likeness is just... bad, and it came quite a few years too late (if there ever was a demand for this license). Like movies that go straight to DVD, this puppy's going straight to the GC, Spook prize, and SDCC DOD prize lists.

Back