RIP James Earl Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is rough. Such a legend. He will be missed. I just hope Disney is respectful with his voice.

He signed a deal back in 2022 giving Disney the rights to use his voice with archival recordings and AI to "keep Vader alive," but also other stipulations to make sure they keep Vader on the "right course", whatever that means.

IMG_9061.jpeg

Sad day indeed.
The man was an icon,and for most of us,he was introduced to us kids as Darth Vader.
His voice was so iconic.

Sadly,with the picture above,it makes me sad to think who would be next.
Billy Dee is getting on.
Ford not far behind.
Hamill,still young at heart.
I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony Daniels outlives them all.

With Baker,reality had hit.
Fisher and Mayhew I bawled my eyes out at work...
Today just hits differently.

Such a LEGEND.

RIP JEJ.

Sad day indeed.
The man was an icon,and for most of us,he was introduced to us kids as Darth Vader.
His voice was so iconic.

Sadly,with the picture above,it makes me sad to think who would be next.
Billy Dee is getting on.
Ford not far behind.
Hamill,still young at heart.
I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony Daniels outlives them all.

With Baker,reality had hit.
Fisher and Mayhew I bawled my eyes out at work...
Today just hits differently.

Such a LEGEND.

RIP JEJ.
Hamill has bad emphysema.

Daniels definitely the healthiest.

The news is reporting Jones' final credit was indeed for The Obi-Wan Kenobi series.
This was from EW:

He reprised the role in The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983) — this time with a percentage of the gross — and later returned for projects including Revenge of the Sith (2005), The Rise of Skywalker (2019), and the 2014-2016 TV series Star Wars Rebels. Jones officially stepped down from the role of Vader in 2022, and gave his permission to Lucasfilm to use archival recordings and AI technology to replicate his voice for the Disney+ series Obi-Wan Kenobi.

If correct, the Kenobi series would have been the first instance of their using recordings/AI rather than having him actually voice Vader. Regardless, I imagine he would still have received a credit for it.

Three score years and ten everything else is a bonus, 23 is very good innings.
Mr James Earl Jones rest in peace you shall not be forgotten.
From time to time I say to my girls...I am your Father.

Back