Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here are some more updates regarding my customising of the shoulder guards. So the only downside I could see with this epic statue was the paint application on the shoulder guard, notably the battle damage application around the edging...

So I'm abt 80% complete but already you can see the difference and is starting to look much more realistic rather than just painting a pattern around the edge! WTF!!!

The top half shows the poor SSC paint app and the bottom is my custom repaint..

uda2e9ad.jpg

Still beyond me why SSC didn't stick to the proto paint app? Below is another split comparison with the proto on top and my custom repaint on the bottom. This is how it should have looked like from the beginning!

8y3aqume.jpg

Let me know what you think guys...

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *THE WOLVERINE LSF / PICS & VIDEO ARE IN!!*

Holy crap that looks soooo much better! If i was buying this, you know i'd be sending them to you to paint for me. :lecture Just looks so much more natural doesn't it?

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *THE WOLVERINE LSF / PICS & VIDEO ARE IN!!*

Holy crap that looks soooo much better! If i was buying this, you know i'd be sending them to you to paint for me. :lecture Just looks so much more natural doesn't it?

Glad you like it Jay, you are a wise man who has eyes like a HAWK and you see everything! :eek:

Still baffles me as to why Sideshow would have painted them like this...you were the first to notice them i think Jay after Alex posted his inhand pics...

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *THE WOLVERINE LSF / SHOULDER GUARD REPAINT*

Yeah it just lets the statue down and would have bugged me a little bit. I'm glad you have the skills to sort problems like that though. Yours looks like the one at SDCC now and for this price it should have come looking like that in the first place. :lecture

Yeah it just lets the statue down and would have bugged me a little bit. I'm glad you have the skills to sort problems like that though. Yours looks like the one at SDCC now and for this price it should have come looking like that in the first place. :lecture

Couldnt agree more Jay :goodpost::exactly:

Lets hope that the Galactus arrives as shown in those updated pics on the SSC website...the piece really is dependant on the paint app and i can already see something going wrong with it :panic:

Nooooooooo! Don't say that. I'm super excited about Galactus.

Nooooooooo! Don't say that. I'm super excited about Galactus.

Me too! This is kind of an unlegit LSF if you like but for the price of a maquette. No brainer for me when this came up for pre order. Please dont @*$! up the paint app Sideshow :pray:

:rotfl Well, technically she is. She'll be 3 years old in December so really she's 2 and a bit :wink1: She's the most adorable thing in the world and i just hope she takes to her new brother or sister really well :pray:

No alley way needed Jeff, all my pieces are well out of harms way...but she's so cute and always says 'Daddy, pick me up, pick me up' when she wants to see any new piece that has arrived. She's mesmorised by the Wolverine LSF at the moment :horror and as a pan around the room and see the huge amount of shipping boxes all piled up, i think to myself...little does she know that one day....all this will be yours! :lecture :lol

I actually meant another word but can't seem to figure out how to spell it correctly. Sounds like alai and means partner like mainly used for eg world war 2 ally
I have a 1/6 horse and my lil 2yr and 8month talks to it all the time lol. Well I don't let her near all my other goodies yet but these lil cuties and monsters on feet are the love of our life but you expecting another one that's even better news!!! Better start writing that will so they don't fight who gets to keep which collectible!

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Last edited:

Great job robert loving the shoulder pads

but these lil cuties and monsters on feet are the love of our life but you expecting another one that's even better news!!! Better start writing that will so they don't fight who gets to keep which collectible!

:exactly: Thank you so much Jeff...as for the will, if we have a boy next then he will take command of the bulk of my collection after i'm gone. My daughter likes them now but wait till she hits 5 or 6...she'll want her own horse!! :slap :lol

awesome displays, congrats Roberto!!!

Great pics of the Wolverine! Congrats!!

Fantastic work on the shoulder pads too, looks much more realistic!!!:clap:clap

awesome displays, congrats Roberto!!!

Thanks for taking the time to go through my collection firubi :hi5: and many thanks for the kind words :1-1:

Great pics of the Wolverine! Congrats!!

Fantastic work on the shoulder pads too, looks much more realistic!!!:clap:clap

Appreciate that Squider...think I'll be the only one who has the Wolvie LSF attempting to customise their shoulder guards :panic: especially with 2k at risk....after seeing 4 or 5 of these inhand it seems as though they are all painted the same :slap

Sweet hell, that Doom setup is fawking awesome!

I'm not a Marvel collector but that setup is fantastic!! :rock

Sweet hell, that Doom setup is fawking awesome!

Love your reactions KD! :rotfl thanks for your kind words pal, really appreciate it :hi5:

I'm not a Marvel collector but that setup is fantastic!! :rock

Thanks so much Sergui for the great comments :1-1:

Some late night pics I took before calling it a day...

2y9yzepy.jpg

5ebudyve.jpg

he5ysyha.jpg

uranagub.jpg

Those of you that are recieving theirs in the next day or so will be in for a treat!!! He is awesome!!'
[/QUOTE]

Great Great Score my Friend on a Very Impressive Piece and Pic's, Excellent Post; Robert

I had a very special visit from a huge celebrity figure for my Birthday yesterday!!! Elmo really enjoyed looking at some of the displays I had although he did make me very nervous when climbing up them to get a closer look!! :panic: :panic: here are a few snaps I took :hi5:

venabera.jpg

eby6aqyv.jpg

y6aha6e9.jpg

esaqu5a3.jpg

udemedep.jpg

9esuqudu.jpg

du5ehe2u.jpg

Lol. Loving these!!! I should get some of my daughters action figure visit mine lol. I think she would enjoy my collection a lot more after

Back