Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread **CUSTOM IRON MAN MARK IV MAQUETTE** UPDATE

No the only spiderman I've got is the iron spiderman just waiting or it to be a good price again I'm sure it will be found Thor ex for 400 so got my fingers crossed. I'm looking forward to setting up the movie avengers

No the only spiderman I've got is the iron spiderman just waiting or it to be a good price again I'm sure it will be found Thor ex for 400 so got my fingers crossed. I'm looking forward to setting up the movie avengers

That'll look cool! I think they had that Avengers setup at this years SDCC. Not a big fan of the movie Thor PF or the Captain America PF if im being honest...would love to see a new Avengers Captain America with the new suit! Oh and of course a new Iron Man 1/4 maquette would also go down very well - think Sideshow will hold out a year or so for the new Iron Man 3 movie before they colaborate with Legacy again for another awesome piece! :yess:

Yeah I would love a new mk vii maquette managed to Mia the mark vi.
I think the Thor and cap pf are great in hand Thor is underrated. I've got black widow on order too. Wish they would make a base for all of them to create a centre piece

Yeah I would love a new mk vii maquette managed to Mia the mark vi.
I think the Thor and cap pf are great in hand Thor is underrated. I've got black widow on order too. Wish they would make a base for all of them to create a centre piece

Ha! Just read your reply above and you said that you managed to mia the mark vi! It made me chuckle as my daughters name is Mia! :lol Do you have the Iron Man maquette?

Have to agree with you in regards to having a one base theme so that you can have the complete Avengers pose/display as per the movie where the camera pans around all the characters! That would be cool!

Lol iPhone predictive text I've got the mk 1 maquette that's it at the min. I've got the mk 3 helmet though that's pretty cool feel I need more iron man

Probably my most favourite Sideshow collectable in my collection...love this maquette! I have even gone one step further and am in the process of completely re-vamping mine. I have decided to respray all the red and silver parts to improve Sideshows paintwork as i wasnt too overly keen on the silver chrome parts and looked rather dull, once i've done that i will then begin with adding some battle damage to recreate that amazing final scene with War Machine in Iron Man 2 (i will also be customising my War Machine once the Iron Man is completed). However, the main reason i wanted to customise my Iron Man maquette was that i wasnt particularly happy with the base and wanted to give it a little kick by adding some foliage and water puddles! I'm hoping it all comes together otherwise i've ruined my favourite piece :slap I'll load up some WIP pics shortly for you to see how i'm getting on.

As promised guys, here are some WIP pics of my Iron Man Maquette Customising...keep posted for more updates as i go on

View attachment 51573

View attachment 51574

View attachment 51575

View attachment 51576

thanks for looking :wave

Paint finish is looking good Roberto. Just a question, isn't this red more towards the pink/magenta side? Shouldn't it be more on the maroon-ish end? Or is it the camera which has not captured the right shade? Nevertheless pretty excited to see how it will looks once finished.
23lo1vr.gif

Subbed this thread. Can't wait to see how this one turns out bro. You got some balls repainting this piece:clap

Subbed this thread. Can't wait to see how this one turns out bro. You got some balls repainting this piece:clap

Thanks Irvy, it's looking really good so far so my balls are literally swelling up! :lol :rock2

Joking aside, it's been something I've wanted to do for a while and it's extra pressure for me as its one of my favourite pieces...adding some battle damage to the arms today so pics to follow in the next few days...:wave

Paint finish is looking good Roberto. Just a question, isn't this red more towards the pink/magenta side? Shouldn't it be more on the maroon-ish end? Or is it the camera which has not captured the right shade? Nevertheless pretty excited to see how it will looks once finished.
23lo1vr.gif

Hi Sarv, thanks for the comments my friend...not sure abt the colour shades...i find it's always best to match up the colours as close to the one used by Sideshow which I've tried to do...all done by the naked eye :wink1: it has come out really well, similar to Sideshows paint job but more vibrant. This statue has always been one of the hardest to find IMO and especially for a decent price, I started collecting only this year so I had a lot of catching up to do. When the exclusive came up on eBay I couldn't resist and purchased it 2nd hand for $425 including shipping. Nothing was wrong with it in terms of damage but i did notice the paintwork was rather dull in colour so it was always in my mind to customise it...and then I thought of adding more battle damage to the Iron Man to make him more movie accurate to the Iron Man 2 movie. As for the base, I've got some great ideas for that too which I think you all like :wink1:

Great, great, great work as always. Can't wait to see the battle damaged effect. Will you only paint the damage or will you litterally "damage" your statue?

Hi Sarv, thanks for the comments my friend...not sure abt the colour shades...i find it's always best to match up the colours as close to the one used by Sideshow which I've tried to do...all done by the naked eye :wink1: it has come out really well, similar to Sideshows paint job but more vibrant. This statue has always been one of the hardest to find IMO and especially for a decent price, I started collecting only this year so I had a lot of catching up to do. When the exclusive came up on eBay I couldn't resist and purchased it 2nd hand for $425 including shipping. Nothing was wrong with it in terms of damage but i did notice the paintwork was rather dull in colour so it was always in my mind to customise it...and then I thought of adding more battle damage to the Iron Man to make him more movie accurate to the Iron Man 2 movie. As for the base, I've got some great ideas for that too which I think you all like :wink1:

Makes sense. And once these statues get sold out from SSC, you just have to be ready to pay premium price for them. Anyways your project is sounding very interesting and as mentioned earlier the paint finish is looking good. So eagerly waiting to see the finished product.
23lo1vr.gif

Great, great, great work as always. Can't wait to see the battle damaged effect. Will you only paint the damage or will you litterally "damage" your statue?

Hi Rev, thank you so much for your support my friend and for your kind comments :wave Its a very good question you ask because i was intending to literally damage the statue myself in regards to the battle-damage however i was advised by a good friend (who is also a serious collector) that by doing this would greatly decrease its Sideshow value. Apparently there was one guy who had used a dremel and literally carved out the bullet holes on the Iron Man and then sold it for some stupidly low price. Yes it may look more realistic close up but it is also too risky (my balls are'nt that big! :lol) To be honest, painted on battle-damage and chips look much better. Will hopefully more update pics for you soon :hi5:

Back