Rogue Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I just had to join after reading this, How did you get a convert after putting yourself on the waitlist on November 5th when i put myself on the waitlist on Oct 15th :confused:

Since i am totally new here I don't know the procedure, is it how long you have been a board member compared to others ?

Well anyway Congrats to you :D

length of time as a board member doesn't have any to do with waitlist conversion at sideshow.

as for you waitlist not converting, may one had the ex. ver, and maybe the other had a reg ver.

either way i'm sure your waitlist will convert.

Ah maybe your right, I remember I put myself on the reg version waitlist b\c I thought it would def convert quicker, I guess I was wrong!!

thanks for clearing that up quadcent :)

Wow.. Nov 11 and you got converted!? That means a lot of ppl actually canceled this statue! ;)

I think you always take a chance when you don't pick up a piece you want when it is released. I passed on the White Queen EX when it was released. I didn't pick her up at WW Chicago con for only $125 almost a year later. Next thing I know the Ex started selling for @$400. That's what I paid for her on Ebay. Now if I know I want something I preorder it. Too often we have that "I'll pick it up later for less" mentality. Sometimes you will get it for $30-$50 less. Sometimes you wait too long and pay $275 more like I did. The risk of waiting for a piece you KNOW you want doesn't seem worth it to me. If it's a piece you can live without then go bargin hunting. I'm very happy to have picked up the Rogue EX from sideshow. I have a feeling down the line many people will wish they did too. This is a beautiful statue.

For those of you who say the edition size is too big, don't forget that the Emma EX ES was 900. That's only 100 less than Rogue. So for all of you that will pick her up down the line..... happy hunting.

I think you always take a chance when you don't pick up a piece you want when it is released. I passed on the White Queen EX when it was released. I didn't pick her up at WW Chicago con for only $125 almost a year later. Next thing I know the Ex started selling for @$400. That's what I paid for her on Ebay. Now if I know I want something I preorder it. Too often we have that "I'll pick it up later for less" mentality. Sometimes you will get it for $30-$50 less. Sometimes you wait too long and pay $275 more like I did. The risk of waiting for a piece you KNOW you want doesn't seem worth it to me. If it's a piece you can live without then go bargin hunting. I'm very happy to have picked up the Rogue EX from sideshow. I have a feeling down the line many people will wish they did too. This is a beautiful statue.

For those of you who say the edition size is too big, don't forget that the Emma EX ES was 900. That's only 100 less than Rogue. So for all of you that will pick her up down the line..... happy hunting.

yeah i agree to a point, but i think alot of people say "pick it up later" only because they really don't care either way if they get it or not. like myself if i can't get it for a steal with a combined es of 2500:horror then something is wrong.
from what i've seen usually about 2-6 months after release is when most releases take a dip in price. then some like the Thing or Gandalf on Shadowfax, just keep going down.

I have to agreed with you. That's y my waitlist has been converted and I'll be keeping it. :D
Not to risk ending up buying it which cost more than the normal price. :banana

yeah i agree to a point, but i think alot of people say "pick it up later" only because they really don't care either way if they get it or not. like myself if i can't get it for a steal with a combined es of 2500:horror then something is wrong.
from what i've seen usually about 2-6 months after release is when most releases take a dip in price. then some like the Thing or Gandalf on Shadowfax, just keep going down.

As I said in my earlier post, if it's something you can live without then bargin hunting for it later makes sense. If you KNOW you must have a particular statue added to your collection getting it around retail or preordering makes sense.

For example, I knew when Bowen released the new museum Cap and Thor that I MUST have them. I'm very happy that I preordered them for a little under retail. Each one of them has sold recently for @ $250- $300 if not more. Cap had a ES of 2500 and Thor had a ES of 3000. Based on the logic of picking them up later because of a high ES I would have been out of about $200. The biggest risk people take is not factoring in the demand of a statue as much as the ES. We have all seen statues with high ES go for good coin. Also, we have seen statues with low ES sell well below retail.

The moral of my story is: IF YOU LOVE IT, BUY IT. I believe you will come out ahead and usually save some $$$. In the end I do hope you can secure Rogue for your collection.

But Emma has a total edition size of 2900 a good amount more than Rogue

But Emma has a total edition size of 2900 a good amount more than Rogue

Exactly. Even with a total ES of 2900 the EX is now selling for $400+. As I've said before, DEMAND in the secondary market can be difficult to figure out. I know myself that "I'll pick it up later" is sometimes followed by "for more $$$."

Exactly. Even with a total ES of 2900 the EX is now selling for $400+. As I've said before, DEMAND in the secondary market can be difficult to figure out. I know myself that "I'll pick it up later" is sometimes followed by "for more $$$."

Why do I get the feeling this guy bought a whole bunch of them, and is trying to generate hype to help increase the sales price on the secndary. market?

I canceled mine. 1st quarter blues.

Why do I get the feeling this guy bought a whole bunch of them, and is trying to generate hype to help increase the sales price on the secndary. market?

I canceled mine. 1st quarter blues.

Nope. Just bought one. I don't make enough money to buy multiple statues for flipping purposes. I wish I did. My simple point is that we do risk paying more for a statue we like if we decide to pick it up down the line. I never want anyone to have to pay more $$$ for something they like. However, this has happened to me and many like me.

List of statues I wanted to pick up later for less money:
1.) X-men vs Sentinel 1
2.) Bowen chrome Silver Surfer
3.)Bowen Juggernaut
4.)Emma Frost EX
5.)Bowen Logan

I was able to pick up 3 out of those 5. I spent a $100 more than retail for Juggy, $275 more for Emma, and $200 more for Logan. The Logan is an AP though. There were 3 pieces that I picked up at below retail. DS milestone Wolverine($75), Bowen Red Skull($105), DC Direct FS Paquette Joker ($125). I saved $255 on those 3 pieces. I spent $575 more on Juggy , Emma, and Logan. I still need to score X-men vs Sentinel and the chrome Surfer. The math doesn't work in my favor.

So, there you have MY philosophy: If you must have it, buy it. I believe that is the way you will save the most $$$ in the long run. Of course that is assuming you have the money now. If not, I wish anyone the best of luck picking up whatever piece they want down the line.

check your order history, just to make sure your reservation is listed on there.
and if it is then i'm sure it'll convert for ya, just give it awhile, more will be cancelling.

Nope, it still says reservation submitted. To be honest I'm shocked considering all I see is cancellations, oh well i'll just be patient I guess :cool:

Although i'm kinda mad at myself for not going on both waitlists reg and exclusive, I would have converted by now if I had done that :banghead

Back