S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gotta love that new toy smell :D

IMG_6987.JPG

I don't buy dragonballs having the power to alter Gods. Look at how Shenron responded to Beerus' presence.
Plus Shenron once said his power cannot exceed that of his creator - Kami and probably Dende at this point.

Oh Japanese Goku...how I forget how terrible your voice is :lol

I notice Beerus is nowhere to be found except on the poster. Im beginning to think that the wish included Frieza becoming the God of destruction in place of Beerus. Would explain the power increase Frieza got aswell.

He was in the trailer but that is actually a really interesting idea. I wonder if that could create a loophole. Not necessarily GIVING Frieza the power but if Frieza said "I wish to have been chosen as the God of Destruction instead of Lord Beerus." Would that work? It's not actually giving Frieza the power but the place right before receiving all of that power.

I don't buy dragonballs having the power to alter Gods. Look at how Shenron responded to Beerus' presence.

Well, the dragon balls seem to have loopholes if Frieza is able to come back.

This one looks promising! Any info on when it's coming out?

April in Japan. I'm not sure how long it will take to dub in English but hopefully no too long. How long did it take for Battle of Gods? ...Holy cow! March 30th of last year?! Well, ****! I thought Batman v. Superman would be a long time.

the heads are only the second release. THe scale is 6 inches.

You need to Pokemon more, especially since Lucario is in the new Smash Bros and had its own movie :lol there's a Mew sticker on the first release

I tried getting into Pokemon after the 151 but it didn't hold up well. ...I don't play Smash Bros. I honestly just found out in the last couple of years that Link wasn't Zelda. :dunno

So I went to Comic Con Experience yesterday and spent a few hours next to the prototypes, and they look awesome! I was going to post the pictures but angelo already posted some of them, lol. But here are some other pictures I took yesterday:
zzj3kLo.jpg

A5jZmdz.jpg

kKkcak9.jpg

NWkavZ3.jpg

9D3h80t.jpg

Jw5Wo0r.jpg

3pwHGvP.jpg

yoBiFdX.jpg

kRR8x9F.jpg

BdlSaqI.jpg

There are other figures there but these were my focus. Unfortunately I couldn't stay more time there as I had to work on friday lol. But is was an amazing event. It is really cool to see the prototypes in person, all of them looks good to me, except for Android 16. Unfortunately he looks small, his facial expression is kinda lame and it is missing some textures on his green armor. Gohan and Buutenks are awesome. Buuhan has a different face sculpt so I think Buutenks is a different figure. Goku SSJ4 is awesome but could have been a little more muscular. His tail is longer than Vegeta scouter's tail.
The Figuarts Zero EX figures are impressive! They are huge and very detailed. The paint job on these prototypes are amazing. Unfortunately I forgot to shot Majin Boo (Figuarts Zero EX).

Sorry! You took amazing pictures, I couldn't resist. :lol

Tell me more about Super Saiyan 4 Goku...

It's interesting that you bring up the musculature on him because I find it strange, yet delighted, that he has a torso articulation but I wonder if that's because he doesn't have a shirt on. Was his size just like any other Goku?

And also the whole "1-year limit" rule for reviving the dead.. a lot of questions that need to be answered

But I'm not expecting anything too complicated from Toriyama. Just look at the SSGod ritual, 5 pure hearted Saiyans & 1 of them is just a fetus :lol So really, an explanation for why Freeza is so strong & whatnot is gonna be completely random & we'll most likely just say "uhh.. okay."

...Good point.

gotta love that new toy smell :D

View attachment 150338

...So glorious. Thank you.

Plus Shenron once said his power cannot exceed that of his creator - Kami and probably Dende at this point.

Oh Japanese Goku...how I forget how terrible your voice is :lol

That's why I wait for dubs. I can't handle a lot of the Japanese actors and it ruins the show/movie for me.

Everything you've heard about him thus far is true; it truly is glorious dude. It makes me nervous as all hell posing him though, afraid it's gonna tumble over & the hair spikes might snap off. Gotta be very careful

IMG_6988.JPG

*ki aura effect not included

Everything you've heard about him thus far is true; it truly is glorious dude. It makes me nervous as all hell posing him though, afraid it's gonna tumble over & the hair spikes might snap off. Gotta be very careful

View attachment 150342

Seriously?! Aw, man. I want mine so bad!

His hair tips are very fragile? I never heard that. Is the hair solid plastic or just because of the length that worries you? How's the coloring of the hair? How is his posing ability altogether? ...Sorry I'm asking so many questions.

That ki aura effect does work amazingly well with him. Great add-on!

If anybody is interested in a ki effect that is quite consistent for coloring with Goku's Kamehameha charge, the effect from the Saint Cloth display stage works very nicely...

WP_20141206_019.jpg

Well not that they're fragile.. it's just that I feel if he accidentally falls over the spikes might break off since they're so sharp. Kinda like if you drop Piccolo & his antennas break off, that scary paranoid feeling ya know?

The hair color is just as we expected; light hints of green towards the scalp but that's about it. If you want to achieve the neon-green look then you'll definitely have to paint it. It's mostly yellow as predicted.

Posing takes a lil getting used to since it's so large, his pants & waste cloths move so you're gonna have to play with it for a while so it doesn't look awkward. But I advise you use the stage act stand it comes with no matter what pose he is in, just to be safe!

Well not that they're fragile.. it's just that I feel if he accidentally falls over the spikes might break off since they're so sharp. Kinda like if you drop Piccolo & his antennas break off, that scary feeling ya know?

The hair color is just as we expected; light hints of green towards the scalp but that's about it. If you want to achieve the neon-green look then you'll definitely have to paint it. It's mostly yellow as predicted.

Posing takes a lil getting used to since it's so large, his pants & waste cloths move so you're gonna have to play with it for a while so it doesn't look awkward. But I advise you use the stage act stand it comes with no matter what pose he is in, just to be safe!

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm always cautious about Piccolo's antennas. Even just falling ON the shelf, not actually off of it. I'll keep that in mind. How's the changing of the faces?

Hm, that's a shame. I didn't necessarily want to paint any S.H. Figuart but that's kind of a MUST HAVE for Broly to me. I'll consider a solution for that after the new year. I already bought the paint but I was hoping I wouldn't need to use them.

Does he come with a larger claw than others or is it the same? I'm saving a Saint Cloth display stage for him so I'll see how well that transfers over.

Swapping the faces is simple like the others, and when you pull out his head, there's actually 2 small ball joints connected to his neck, for added support I suppose. It functions as it should

Yeah the hair color could've been a bit more consistent, but oh well. It's still noticeable, but no where near the neon-green color. Only additions I've ever done with my Figuarts is I colored in my Trunks' pupils black & Freeza's shoulders purple. I know I effectively devalued them by doing this, but oh wellz

Yup the claw is large enough to accomodate his waste. Everything else is normal. I don't know how he could be supported in the air though, perhaps I'll try it & take a photo

Swapping the faces is simple like the others, and when you pull out his head, there's actually 2 small ball joints connected to his neck, for added support I suppose. It functions as it should

Yeah the hair color could've been a bit more consistent, but oh well. It's still noticeable, but no where near the neon-green color. Only additions I've ever done with my Figuarts is I colored in my Trunks' pupils black & Freeza's shoulders purple. I know I effectively devalued them by doing this, but oh wellz

Yup the claw is large enough to accomodate his waste. Everything else is normal. I don't know how he could be supported in the air though, perhaps I'll try it & take a photo

Great info bro, yea try the flight pose and let us know.

...Two ball joints? How does that work or even look?

I remember seeing that Trunks. You did an amazing job. I haven't seen Frieza's shoulders done. I assume we'll see that in the display when it's revealed. :lol Meh, I plan on keeping these until I'm dead. So really, the only thing that matters is what you want to do with them. I'm just afraid of messing up. I'll practice on my old Broly figure with the paints before I even touch the S.H. Figuart.

Do you happen to have the Tamashii Stage 4 display? Try the flat claw-like ends to put under what ever body part will be closest to the ground. That's what I plan on doing with his shin.

Edited: Wait, maybe I never have seen your Trunks. I thought I saw a picture of Trunks with the dots filled in though.

View attachment 150342

dont worry about the hair breaking when it falls.... but bending, unless its a bootleg :lol
worry more about the legs not breaking

Here is an article written about different plastic used from figures to statue...

PVC is used to manufacture figures primarily because it's very cheap when compared to other plastics and it's somewhat resistant. Because PVC is a thermoplastic, it's easy to work with it and it's recyclable.
The PVC used to manufacture scale figures has low quantities of plasticisers so it won't be too rubbery and soft. Good quality PVC is smooth to the touch and has a skin-like appearance which cannot be achieved by using other plastics such as ABS.
PVC is also very fragile and has low resistance against high temperatures and pressure. Those two factors can cause PVC to bend or deform in some other way.
A good example of PVC use (despite the figures) is Nendoroid heads, gashapons, some prize and trading figures, the upper body of figures, etc.

ABS is used primarily for the bases and legs of figures. ABS is a very sturdy plastic and it won't bend, (ABS is the kind of plastic that will break before bending). Because of its hight resistance, ABS is used when manufacturing weight bearing parts.
No good company will make a figure entirely of PVC because as mentioned before, PVC can't handle the it's won't weight without deforming. Some figures manufactured prior to 2007 were made entirely of PVC, which caused them to bend and lean. Like this:

454C64B6-0BF0-4425-A5FA-61CA1053CF46_zpse5kxrbsw.jpg

Even though ABS is resistant and it won't bend, the very thing that makes it so great can also make it even more fragile than PVC. Depending on how high the fall is, ABS may break, like this:
423CE546-44F4-4205-B4D4-2711B920583C_zpst36rcaub.jpg

Which wouldn't happen to PVC because PVC (the type used to make figures) won't actually break, just bend. But don't worry, good quality ABS won't get damaged very easily and will hardly break because of a fall.
ABS can also be very shiny and it has a more plastic appearance than PVC and Vinyl. It is used to make Figma faces and hair, Figmas and Nendoroid joints, scale figure's bases, figure's lower body, LEGO and many other things.

Soft Vinyl is used to manufacture Dollfies and many other figures. Vinyl can be just like PVC (soft and bendable) or like ABS (sturdy but breakable), it varies greatly depending on what it's being used for. Vinyl can also be smooth and have the same skin-like appearance PVC does, but Vinyl is more expensive than PVC and it's a little harder to handle if used to manufacture scale figures, making the manufacture process more complicated and therefore more expensive.

Cold Cast, Polystone and Resin are all very sturdy and fragile. Neither one of them can survive a fall and they break quite easily. They're used to make scale figures, garage kits, larger statues, vases and many other things. They are very resistant against temperature, humidity and they're considerably easier to clean.
Cold Cast and Polystone are similar to porcelain in appearance and resin may have the same appearance as PVC but all the three of them are much, much heavier and expensive.

dont worry about the hair breaking when it falls.... but bending, unless its a bootleg :lol
worry more about the legs not breaking

Here is an article written about different plastic used from figures to statue...

PVC is used to manufacture figures primarily because it's very cheap when compared to other plastics and it's somewhat resistant. Because PVC is a thermoplastic, it's easy to work with it and it's recyclable.
The PVC used to manufacture scale figures has low quantities of plasticisers so it won't be too rubbery and soft. Good quality PVC is smooth to the touch and has a skin-like appearance which cannot be achieved by using other plastics such as ABS.
PVC is also very fragile and has low resistance against high temperatures and pressure. Those two factors can cause PVC to bend or deform in some other way.
A good example of PVC use (despite the figures) is Nendoroid heads, gashapons, some prize and trading figures, the upper body of figures, etc.

ABS is used primarily for the bases and legs of figures. ABS is a very sturdy plastic and it won't bend, (ABS is the kind of plastic that will break before bending). Because of its hight resistance, ABS is used when manufacturing weight bearing parts.
No good company will make a figure entirely of PVC because as mentioned before, PVC can't handle the it's won't weight without deforming. Some figures manufactured prior to 2007 were made entirely of PVC, which caused them to bend and lean. Like this:

454C64B6-0BF0-4425-A5FA-61CA1053CF46_zpse5kxrbsw.jpg

Even though ABS is resistant and it won't bend, the very thing that makes it so great can also make it even more fragile than PVC. Depending on how high the fall is, ABS may break, like this:
423CE546-44F4-4205-B4D4-2711B920583C_zpst36rcaub.jpg

Which wouldn't happen to PVC because PVC (the type used to make figures) won't actually break, just bend. But don't worry, good quality ABS won't get damaged very easily and will hardly break because of a fall.
ABS can also be very shiny and it has a more plastic appearance than PVC and Vinyl. It is used to make Figma faces and hair, Figmas and Nendoroid joints, scale figure's bases, figure's lower body, LEGO and many other things.

Soft Vinyl is used to manufacture Dollfies and many other figures. Vinyl can be just like PVC (soft and bendable) or like ABS (sturdy but breakable), it varies greatly depending on what it's being used for. Vinyl can also be smooth and have the same skin-like appearance PVC does, but Vinyl is more expensive than PVC and it's a little harder to handle if used to manufacture scale figures, making the manufacture process more complicated and therefore more expensive.

Cold Cast, Polystone and Resin are all very sturdy and fragile. Neither one of them can survive a fall and they break quite easily. They're used to make scale figures, garage kits, larger statues, vases and many other things. They are very resistant against temperature, humidity and they're considerably easier to clean.
Cold Cast and Polystone are similar to porcelain in appearance and resin may have the same appearance as PVC but all the three of them are much, much heavier and expensive.

That was quite an interesting read. What are S.H. Figuarts made out of? PVC, right? "PVC can't handle its own weight without deforming." Is that anything to worry about in regards to Broly?

View attachment 150342

****in awesome man!:clap That green wind swirl effect should be really cool with Broly.

Cool info Blood.

That was quite an interesting read. What are S.H. Figuarts made out of? PVC, right? "PVC can't handle its own weight without deforming." Is that anything to worry about in regards to Broly?

idk, but it says that the legs of figures, statue's of today are made of abs (by any good company) and i do know that the energy effects of scouter vegeta are pvc

didnt some people here had complaints about a slightly color change from upper body to lower body?

Here's the double-ball neck I mentioned

IMG_6989.JPG

Also tried a flight pose, and while it is possible, it takes some clever posing to get it to stay still. If you add 2 more support beams with additional clamps to the stand to hold him up better then it shouldn't be a problem at all

IMG_6990.JPG

Small tip for the flight posing, find a super tiny screwdriver (I had one from "finger skateboards" left... yeah that was a thing here when I was 10... whatever) and if you pose the stand the way you want, screw the darn thing tight as ****. It'll hold a lot better and NO screwing has ever broken my stand thus far... ("Phrasing!")

But nice **** Crisis. I'd love a collection shot from you of the whole, well collection.

Exactly what I was about to say Silrian. If I can add, dont try to move the hinges when tight, they will snap, has happened to me before.

Back