S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw guys, have you forgotten about Bluefin Premium? Anyone? It's gonna be probably $65-70 on there so just hold your horses and calm your t*ts.

You're responsible for reminding us of that multiple times until sdcc is over.

I'll take that job and do it to the best of my abilities. Count on it!

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

4b2e128d0b96818f72b8e9c70b481190.jpg

Unlock your inner Z fighter

Did you see that expo? the prop and production work for this film is perhaps beyond anything I've seen excluding maybe lotr.

This line is becoming mildly absurd. I noticed it with freakin arlia vegeta last year already. People are becoming deranged in the prices they're willing to pay. That takes the fun out of the hobby imo. Also, yeah trunks and vegeta rerelease is great, but the majority of this thread keeps being 'I want this, I want this' and in all likelihood it won't get made. You wont get a chichi, you wont get a nappa. And then suddenly theyll make oolong. Tamashii is completely unpredictable to the point of almost coming off whimsical. They made a key release of dbz nothing but a cheap retool of an already existing figure (and not a good retool imo) which was itself already a cheap release. Everyone was like yeah sdcc was gonna be sick and huge...it was flatout a let down compared to other displays. I've practically already forgotten it.

Tamashii delivers insane stuff when we don't expect it (say broly) and completely disappoint when we do, it makes speculation etc just simply utterly useless and joyless to me. They're loose canons at this point.

I can't keep up excitement with this much chaotic uncertainty. It's like, you know, a big giant ****ing whatever...:dunno

I came to that exact conclusion a few days ago. It's unwise to try to predict their next moves by being logical and looking for patterns. They're a freaking wildcard with everything they do. Good for business? Nah, but do they care? Who ******ing knows? :banghead

Btw guys, have you forgotten about Bluefin Premium? Anyone? It's gonna be probably $65-70 on there so just hold your horses and calm your t*ts.

I'll gladly buy one from a place like Toyz for $90 and then try for a Cheap one from Bluefin Premium as well so I can put a SSJ head on him or something. Or just hold onto it in hopes of a Ginyu figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll gladly buy one from a place like Toyz for $90 and then try for a Cheap one from Bluefin Premium as well so I can put a SSJ head on him or something. Or just hold onto it in hopes of a Ginyu figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My plan was to get 6, for BoG Goku's and a Ginyu Goku. That plan went right out the damn window a few hours ago. These scalpers are trying to rape us and it hurts. Luckily I secured one for myself and one for my cousin through a nice guy on Ageless Geeks for $90 each. I thought I paid too much at the time but looking at the fiasco now, I think I did pretty good. It could just be the hype but hopefully, the prices dips down to under $150 levels (I pray under $100) when the convention is over. Same happened with MexiGoku at first and then he lowered to a reasonable $500 and below :lol

My plan was to get 6, for BoG Goku's and a Ginyu Goku. That plan went right out the damn window a few hours ago. These scalpers are trying to rape us and it hurts. Luckily I secured one for myself and one for my cousin through a nice guy on Ageless Geeks for $90 each. I thought I paid too much at the time but looking at the fiasco now, I think I did pretty good. It could just be the hype but hopefully, the prices dips down to under $150 levels (I pray under $100) when the convention is over. Same happened with MexiGoku at first and then he lowered to a reasonable $500 and below :lol

What were you going to do for BoG Goku?

Just curious.

Dude he just said he wouldn't agree with the release kinda like how people don't agree with the jaco release.

Exactly, but people just respond to what they want to without even reading what they're responding to. Getting old.

And I still don't get the general offense in calling toys toys. If they're toys that people find to be more collectible then that makes sense, but they're still toys.

@Prodigy - "You're calling them 'just toys'?" - Yes, I am. They are toys. I collect toys; not sports cars, gold coins, or anything else... and I'm proud of it. When one of these things walks in the kitchen and cooks me breakfast in the morning, maybe I'll call them something else. Until then, they're awesome action figures, and that's what they're going to stay for me.

------------------------------------

- So they seriously aren't even showing Nappa, SSJ4 Goku, etc. etc. anymore? Unless I missed something in the SDCC pictures.... that's unfortunate and hope it's not a sign that they've just plain been shelved or something.

-------------------------------------

- What do you guys think an acceptable retail price IS for SDCC Goku? Was asked for suggestions. It's the $90 that Toyz quoted reasonable?

Exactly, but people just respond to what they want to without even reading what they're responding to. Getting old.

And I still don't get the general offense in calling toys toys. If they're toys that people find to be more collectible then that makes sense, but they're still toys.

@Prodigy - "You're calling them 'just toys'?" - Yes, I am. They are toys. I collect toys; not sports cars, gold coins, or anything else... and I'm proud of it. When one of these things walks in the kitchen and cooks me breakfast in the morning, maybe I'll call them something else. Until then, they're awesome action figures, and that's what they're going to stay for me.

- So they seriously aren't even showing Nappa, SSJ4 Goku, etc. etc. anymore? Unless I missed something in the SDCC pictures.... that's unfortunate and hope it's not a sign that they've just plain been shelved or something.

- What do you guys think an acceptable retail price IS for SDCC Goku? Was asked for suggestions. It's the $90 that Toyz quoted reasonable?

b16f4a0d5330cb7984992f2947460b8e.jpg
I have a gold dollar coin the others a chucky cheese coin.

I'm still holding out for SDCC 2015 Goku to show up for a reasonable price on BBTS or somewhere else. If he doesn't, then I'm not going to sweat it, because I'm willing to bet Bandai will release a Saiyan Saga Goku or this one with a slightly different colored gi at some point in the future.

You can call em chairs if you want, doesn't stop them from being classified as figures. ADULT collectable figures. Toys are different from collectibles. Toys are for children. Building blocks are toys, Figuarts are a way of life. I'm so tired of this pointless arguement, call em what you want. How about we just get rid of labels and not call em anything, how about that?

Btw, I read every word of a post before responding and I think about it as well. Just knowing RK, I responded as appropriate and I clarified it as well.

To answer your question regarding SDCC Goku, $46 dollars seems like a reasonable premium. The cost of standing in line is part of being a scalper. They don't deserve to charge any more than $1 more since the "work" they do to attain the figure is barely worth even that. Scalpers suck, period. If you're a true collector, you wouldn't list a $45 figure for $120 off the bat. $70-80 would be a reasonable price speaking for reals.

so i saw this post in the dbz fb group....

redsonja.png

:love

well obvisously i can't have sex with it....

You can call em chairs if you want, doesn't stop them from being classified as figures. ADULT collectable figures. Toys are different from collectibles. Toys are for children. Building blocks are toys, Figuarts are a way of life.

I'll go ahead and agree in that I call these collectible figures where something like those MMPR retail figures I wouldn't (You're going to hate me, but my favorite MMPR figures were actually the old, 8" ones! JUST BE HONEST!). But, they're still just figures to me. That's all. I don't know why you're reading me as trying to downplay these figures in terms of a sentimental value when I have just as big if not bigger (with Mexico Goku) of a DBZ figuarts collection as anyone here. I love them, man and my views are just my views and it's in no attempt to say that your alternative view is wrong. There's no right or wrong in such a subjective topic.

For me, I just collect a lot of other, very "high-end" toylines and my PERSONAL definition of what I consider an adult collector is different according to that. The figuarts just fall quite a bit closer to retail than they do to the toys that I PERSONALLY put on that "pedestal" per say.

I feel like I typed a lot there, so hopefully it didn't come off winded. I like you as a poster and don't want to have some e-feud or animosity this time next year over something so stupid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in regards to premium... that's fair. I appreciate that perspective. How about for a second hand seller, though? These were actually charged tax and apparantly came to about $48-$49 a piece and for me They were $55 shipped a piece. I'M NOT SELLING but if I were to, would $60 shipped or so be reasonable considering what I paid to get it to me?

I'll go ahead and agree in that I call these collectible figures where something like those MMPR retail figures I wouldn't (You're going to hate me, but my favorite MMPR figures were actually the old, 8" ones! JUST BE HONEST!). But, they're still just figures to me. That's all. I don't know why you're reading me as trying to downplay these figures in terms of a sentimental value when I have just as big if not bigger (with Mexico Goku) of a DBZ figuarts collection as anyone here. I love them, man and my views are just my views and it's in no attempt to say that your alternative view is wrong. There's no right or wrong in such a subjective topic.

For me, I just collect a lot of other, very "high-end" toylines and my PERSONAL definition of what I consider an adult collector is different according to that. The figuarts just fall quite a bit closer to retail than they do to the toys that I PERSONALLY put on that "pedestal" per say.

I feel like I typed a lot there, so hopefully it didn't come off winded. I like you as a poster and don't want to have some e-feud or animosity this time next year over something so stupid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in regards to premium... that's fair. I appreciate that perspective. How about for a second hand seller, though? These were actually charged tax and apparantly came to about $48-$49 a piece and for me They were $55 shipped a piece. I'M NOT SELLING but if I were to, would $60 shipped or so be reasonable considering what I paid to get it to me?

It all comes down to labeling at the end of the day. Some may call them toys, others may call them figures, some may call them a waste of money. I can see we do agree that at the very least, they are collectibles and not just your run of the mill play thing. I wouldn't trust my kid with a Figuart since he'd probably choke on the small parts or just abuse the crap out of it. As a collector, I would cry just knowing how high end (for action figures that is) they are. For instance, to me, Hot Toys are dolls and nothing more. High end dolls clearly, but dolls. Action figures to me are in the medium scale (1/10 - 1/12) and are mainly known for their articulation and generally good quality. Then, there's higher end action figures and lower end ones, Figuarts are on the higher end and I think we can agree on that. Let's just drop it and agree we all love collecting these amazing figures.

"Any toy can be a collectible, but not every collectible can be a toy."
-prodigy1367

Back