S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tough to say what the actual value of the figure is, since technically, it's probably only worth about $10 max. I would say the fairest way to determine the actual value of something is to let the market decide. Put an item up for bid starting at $.01 and let the people take it from there. This is assuming the product is new. Now, Figuarts have a sort of perceived value that predetermines future figures to be more expensive than they really should be. I'm afraid it's too late for this line...

so i saw this post in the dbz fb group....

redsonja.png

:love

well obvisously i can't have sex with it....

The only thing I don't dig is the hair. The coloring is soooo good on the body and armor, but the hair isn't quite right.

I'll go ahead and agree in that I call these collectible figures where something like those MMPR retail figures I wouldn't (You're going to hate me, but my favorite MMPR figures were actually the old, 8" ones! JUST BE HONEST!). But, they're still just figures to me. That's all. I don't know why you're reading me as trying to downplay these figures in terms of a sentimental value when I have just as big if not bigger(with Mexico Goku) of a DBZ figuarts collection as anyone here. I love them, man and my views are just my views and it's in no attempt to say that your alternative view is wrong. There's no right or wrong in such a subjective topic.
chris-farley-rage.gif

And in regards to premium... that's fair. I appreciate that perspective. How about for a second hand seller, though? These were actually charged tax and apparantly came to about $48-$49 a piece and for me They were $55 shipped a piece. I'M NOT SELLING but if I were to, would $60 shipped or so be reasonable considering what I paid to get it to me?

Yeah I'll take him off your hands for that, sounds good.:)

You would love the Queen's Blades figures, check em out. It's a good anime too, I watch it for the incredible voice dubbing and intricate story line. I do, I swear :monkey1

then you obviously haven't seen this pic :naughty

NSFW, 18+ stuff

Spoiler Spoiler:

i don't watch the anime though

This may be an unpopular opinion, but despite any SDCC disappointments, I think this is the best year for the line ever.

Also, I looked and saw the next episode of Dragon Ball Super is called "Vegeta Goes On a Family Trip." I love Vegeta enjoying civilian life and spending time with his family. I actually really like that he's acting like an adult instead of whining and murdering innocents to show how strong he is. Here's the image:

View attachment 196416

NSFW, 18+ stuff

Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw blue hair in those pics, therefore that was Bulma. Vegeta ain't no cheater and Woody don't *****k around. Yeah, Queen's Blade figures DEFINITELY aren't mean for kids :lol

I saw blue hair in those pics, therefore that was Bulma. Vegeta ain't no cheater and Woody don't *****k around. Yeah, Queen's Blade figures DEFINITELY aren't mean for kids :lol

HOT DAM! That was a little to much for my 15 year old eyes.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

This may be an unpopular opinion, but despite any SDCC disappointments, I think this is the best year for the line ever.

Also, I looked and saw the next episode of Dragon Ball Super is called "Vegeta Goes On a Family Trip." I love Vegeta enjoying civilian life and spending time with his family. I actually really like that he's acting like an adult instead of whining and murdering innocents to show how strong he is. Here's the image:

View attachment 196416

It's most definitely the best year for the line in just the sheer number of releases and change they've made to certain policies. SDCC 2015 still will, at this moment, be the most over-hyped, underwhelming SDCC of all time. As much as I understand the concentration on the newer stuff, I'm still saddened that so many characters are taking the back seat for now. I know we'll get what we all want EVENTUALLY, but I want em now :computer

@prodigy I understand, but if they announced anything, it would just make the wait longer for those newer releases. Aren't you into other lines? Hopefully that will tide you over. I don't collect anything other than this line, so I'm pretty anxious too! If it's any consolation to folks who aren't getting the Namek Goku, I wouldn't worry about it. Look how fast it sold out. Tamashii knows it, and we'll probably get a full-fledged amazing retail release. Goku is my favorite fictional character (Along with Batman and Big Boss), and that's his most iconic look, but I'm not worried. The wait stinks, but hopefully everyone's got something in there live's to tide them over. I got Metal Gear Solid V and Batman V Superman too look forward to as a geek-gap-bridge! :)

Also, I looked and saw the next episode of Dragon Ball Super is called "Vegeta Goes On a Family Trip." I love Vegeta enjoying civilian life and spending time with his family. I actually really like that he's acting like an adult instead of whining and murdering innocents to show how strong he is.

We like different things about dbz.
tumblr_n830xaiUM51sbx7iyo1_500.gif

Also, I looked and saw the next episode of Dragon Ball Super is called "Vegeta Goes On a Family Trip." I love Vegeta enjoying civilian life and spending time with his family. I actually really like that he's acting like an adult instead of whining and murdering innocents to show how strong he is.

one of the things I liked about GT, which also showed Vegeta "settling down" as a normal civilian. Growing a mustache, him driving Bra to go shopping & stopping those guys from flirting with her. That was brilliant.

I really wish we had the technology to make these quality of Figuarts and others back in the 80s and 90s. Hmm part of making toys/figures is having someone with great sculpting skills, that should've been possible even back then. Maybe a lot of companies just didn't take making high quality toys that seriously back then?

I really wish we had the technology to make these quality of Figuarts and others back in the 80s and 90s. Hmm part of making toys/figures is having someone with great sculpting skills, that should've been possible even back then. Maybe a lot of companies just didn't take making high quality toys that seriously back then?

Not only sculpting but the accuracy to the source material. Today we have computers that can create a near perfect realization of character whereas back then, we didn't. Innovative designs are also what propels figures forward. Mass production and materials come into play as well. A lot of technology innovations have made figures like these possible, separating them from your run of the mill action figure. I too wish we had the tech to make it possible back then. My kid self would've been ecstatic

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

It all comes down to labeling at the end of the day. Some may call them toys, others may call them figures, some may call them a waste of money. I can see we do agree that at the very least, they are collectibles and not just your run of the mill play thing. I wouldn't trust my kid with a Figuart since he'd probably choke on the small parts or just abuse the crap out of it. As a collector, I would cry just knowing how high end (for action figures that is) they are. For instance, to me, Hot Toys are dolls and nothing more. High end dolls clearly, but dolls. Action figures to me are in the medium scale (1/10 - 1/12) and are mainly known for their articulation and generally good quality. Then, there's higher end action figures and lower end ones, Figuarts are on the higher end and I think we can agree on that. Let's just drop it and agree we all love collecting these amazing figures.

"Any toy can be a collectible, but not every collectible can be a toy."
-prodigy1367

I can agree with this. Definitely.

It's tough to say what the actual value of the figure is, since technically, it's probably only worth about $10 max. I would say the fairest way to determine the actual value of something is to let the market decide. Put an item up for bid starting at $.01 and let the people take it from there. This is assuming the product is new. Now, Figuarts have a sort of perceived value that predetermines future figures to be more expensive than they really should be. I'm afraid it's too late for this line...

Yea, I think rather than actual value a better term is fair market price... I was just saying from my end I wouldn't want to sell anything at least without getting the money i put into it back.

:-D

NSFW, 18+ stuff

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh my.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And is it pretty much confirmed that what's been shown at SDCC is it?

one of the things I liked about GT, which also showed Vegeta "settling down" as a normal civilian. Growing a mustache, him driving Bra to go shopping & stopping those guys from flirting with her. That was brilliant.

I loved civilian Vegeta. His defense of Bra was hilarious yet showed his maturity as being accepting of being an Earthling. Just remember that no one can ever deny the superiority of that there moustache. If there's anything GT did perfectly it was that beautiful hair piece under Vegeta's prideful nose

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

In the future (i'm talking decades from now) we'll prolly still have Figuarts, but I can see them upping the scale to around 10 inches or so. You know, just because. The detail would be amazing.

@FatHotei Well, my favorite arcs overall are:

1. Freeza arc
2. Piccolo arc
3. Saiyan arc
4. Red Ribbon army arc

The reason I listed those four is because they've switched a lot for first place, but this is how I rank them now. I prefer the more serious stuff, but I think the comedy is what allows the audience to accept the ridiculous stuff. Otherwise, I'd prefer watching something like IP Man for good Martial Arts entertainment or UFC.

Me too. I loved that scene. Everything with Vegeta's civilian life; Goten's dating; seeing Gohan, Videl, Chi Chi, and Bulma together as a family and friends; Baby (I didn't like his design, but I thought he was a very good villain), the Mr. Satan/Boo relationship, and the whole concept of the last Dragon arc are the only things I liked that I can think of.

While the mustache doesn't work for the whole Saiyan hair thing, they could have just done with Vegeta trying to be hip with his new haircut or biker outfit.

Back