SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the price increase on this one... there are a lot of new and more complicated parts. Although, it might get old if there are like 3 versions released with different colored Pauldrons.

I can see the price increase on this one... there are a lot of new and more complicated parts. Although, it might get old if there are like 3 versions released with different colored Pauldrons.

The rifle choice and pauldron color alone should tell you there will be at least 1 more variant of this figure.

Price sucks but Flexpay is fantastic. What I'd like to see SS do is something akin to gift cards but something friends and family can buy and would be as good as cash toward ANY preorder. Would make all gift shopping for me insanely easy AND may just stem off cancellations as well.

by the way, regarding the Sandtrooper's dimensions, I think the photos are squooshed down somewhat, similar to the original SS Darth Vader and Stormtrooper photos. They ended up looking stocky in those pics but looked perfect in the SDCC photos taken by fellow Freaks. I'm sure the legs will be fine.

Keep those variants coming!

I'll get the orange and black for sure. No EU crap, though... ;)

I skipped that blue striped Stormie for that reason.

Same here. I love the Sandies and will get them all but the EU and ,for me, anything other than OT is a pass.

Are the only differences between the Sandies the pauldron colors?

It's a nice choice for the exclusive, but I think I'll get the regular from an AD to save a few bucks. I also think that Sideshow is timing its releases in such a way as to ease us into the price increases. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw $150 figures soon, and the lowest price is also going to be going steadily up. That's OK as long as they are comparable in quality to what HT is doing.

I dunno... I think they are gonna try to keep figures more at a $90 base (if using the Pro, or other new body) and other more expensive figures will be priced up.

The Sandtrooper does have a lot more tooling involved, although that will likely still get spread to a couple variants.

I think it's the work put into making the figure in production more than molds and R&D driving the price. If this figure comes close to as weathered as the prototype, that's a fair ammount of time and care spent, plus you know the guns and backpack will have the usually weathering and detailing of SSC weapons and gear, which adds time.

I'm fine paying $110 for a figure to look like this, it makes me feel like there's work behind it worth that money. Medicom figures at that price that are all pristine and clean and often minimally accessorized never did it for me.

CRAP! They scheduled a work lunch tomorrow. Is there any kind soul who would log in as me and order the exclusive for me? :monkey3

EDIT: Turns out the lunch got cancelled. Now I can be around for the PPO. :clap

Last edited:
I really hope they do a killer job on the weathering... that's the part I'm most concernd about right now. But I guess if its bad looking it would be easy enough to fix.

Ok, I just took my Marmits out of storage. They did the orange and white ones...to my knowledge, the black one was advertised, but never came out....(sniff)...

They caught all of the differences from what I can see, except for the ribbing near the shoulders and neck - they seemed to reuse the upper torso piece from the stormie, but that's it. The differences in the helmet are all there - even within the two sandtroopers. Marmit also sculpted the pauldrons to sit differently.

Gotta say that the Marmit looks awesome with the upgraded Sideshow stormie blaster...! While the SS one looks really, really good, Marmit's helmet differences will keep it king in my book! While SS caught the rest, I wonder if the lack of a new helmet was a cost saving measure and not something 'missed.'

I mean, until I saw these links, I missed a lot of details myself and I've had them...so companies have to pick their battles with reality in a business world.

And keep in mind that marmits came out several years ago...with a price tag of well over $100 initally ($125 sticks in my head). Marmit missed the upper torso, but caught the helmet diffs - SS did the opposite....they are both super nice looking pieces, IMO.

Thanks again for the links everyone on all the diffs...who knew?!?! :)

Selfishly, I secretly wished SS started with the black one...would look nice next to my marmits!

Last edited:
Same here. I love the Sandies and will get them all but the EU and ,for me, anything other than OT is a pass.

Are the only differences between the Sandies the pauldron colors?

I wonder if a lot of us are on the same boat? I'm OT only now as well, passing on the last several EU offerings. I've even gone so far as to collect ANH and ROTJ from Jabba's Palace only. Not to mention Hot Toys has really distracted my attention away from all Star Wars and refocused it into other licenses like Batman, Alien, Predator and POTA.

I'm simply getting even choosier with my figure purchases. Between space issues and the rising costs of these figures, I'm just being more selective.

Troopers will definitely be acquired but most 3rd tier characters, along with most PT will be bypassed for sure. OT takes precedence but even then, I may simply wait several months or even a year, in order to get them cheaper.

I've had to become much pickier. Unless its a figure I feel I really must have I won't get it. Heck, I've sold off almost all of my ANH figures and a lot of my PT stuff. Its gotta be something I can't live without type piece.

Admirable Josh. I'm being more selective now, last year my PO list would probably be twice the size it is now. I'm not sure about letting stuff go, especially when it'll probably fetch little cash being loose and without the original boxes, but I am starting to go through my collection with a "do I really want this anymore" attitude and cleaning up for space reasons. I find that my attitude towards spending was full of all the wrong thoughts at a time when all the right products to tempt me were there :lol

Admirable Josh. I'm being more selective now, last year my PO list would probably be twice the size it is now. I'm not sure about letting stuff go, especially when it'll probably fetch little cash being loose and without the original boxes, but I am starting to go through my collection with a "do I really want this anymore" attitude and cleaning up for space reasons. I find that my attitude towards spending was full of all the wrong thoughts at a time when all the right products to tempt me were there :lol

Yeah, I'm trying. :lol Its not easy in someways cause there have been figures I'd seriously think about getting or stuff I've axed that I wouldn't have before. It does feel good let stuff go though and dig out of this hole a bit and have a more rounded collection of stuff I REALLY want.

Yeah, I'm trying. :lol Its not easy in someways cause there have been figures I'd seriously think about getting or stuff I've axed that I wouldn't have before. It does feel good let stuff go though and dig out of this hole a bit and have a more rounded collection of stuff I REALLY want.

Thats the way to do it bro :rock

Back