SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In regards to the proportions being wrong? I think the armour is just squashed up. Hopefully it can be nudged a little down

Fair enough. I think this is much more impressive than a stormtrooper. I just hope when they do Snowtroopers and Scouts that they're both weathered to a degree.

I think the Sandtrooper is the only one that needs to be pre-weathered. I don't recall that much weathering on the snow or scout troopers in the films.

I suppose that's true. I just like to have a level of consistency through a group of figures. If there's no weathering on the others, I guess I'll just have to get more Sandtroopers.

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't pauldrons of many colors, but I also wouldn't want 3 troopers with different pauldrons but the exact same sand weathering patterns. So I'll just get the other 2 when they come along - they still need to do the other weapons anyway.

Besides the other weapons, I really hope Sideshow will work on the binoculars and the flying Prode Droid.:rolleyes:

ShocktrooperAu:Gday mate...i regularly buy the exclusives from SSC..it is usually around the $35 to $50 USD for shipping to OZ mate,and i live in NSW!!!Will have to be up early to get this baby though :)

Living here in the UK that $109 seems very high at the moment. I will still be buying two exclusives though - will that be possible?

Edit - just read the bottom of the PPO and yes you can order two but thats it.

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't pauldrons of many colors, but I also wouldn't want 3 troopers with different pauldrons but the exact same sand weathering patterns. So I'll just get the other 2 when they come along - they still need to do the other weapons anyway.

Exactly, hopefully orange pauldron comes with the canon looking blaster as that's my favorite color setup and weapon and I hope it doesn't take two figures or hunting parts to get that.

ShocktrooperAu:Gday mate...i regularly buy the exclusives from SSC..it is usually around the $35 to $50 USD for shipping to OZ mate,and i live in NSW!!!Will have to be up early to get this baby though :)

G'day thanks for the info, what time would the PPO be for us?...

Wow 4am LOL Saturday morning

Last edited:
Is that just with green lenses? I must have missed that...what are the diff?

Go here for the difference in the helmets:

https://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/realstormprops.htm

Stunt vs Hero helmets have always been a stormtrooper fanatics nightmare. So far the only company that got this right was Marmit and I still say Marmit may be the best stormtrooper figures ever made.

This Sandtrooper of Sideshow's is essentially the trooper named "Davin Felth". He's the stormtrooper who says "look sir droids". The only problem is he has the wrong helmet.

For more examples of the stunt helmet just look at GG Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper busts and the Marmit Sandtrooper.

Again, I'm a little upset that Sideshow couldn't have given the Sandtrooper the stunt helmet. :(

Go here for the difference in the helmets:

https://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/realstormprops.htm

Stunt vs Hero helmets have always been a stormtrooper fanatics nightmare. So far the only company that got this right was Marmit and I still say Marmit may be the best stormtrooper figures ever made.

This Sandtrooper of Sideshow's is essentially the trooper named "Davin Felth". He's the stormtrooper who says "look sir droids". The only problem is he has the wrong helmet.

For more examples of the stunt helmet just look at GG Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper busts and the Marmit Sandtrooper.

Again, I'm a little upset that Sideshow couldn't have given the Sandtrooper the stunt helmet. :(

WOW, I had no idea there were people out there this obsessed with a movie costume. You should work for Sideshow as a technical expert.

Well crap... I was thinking I might skip this one, but the "look sir, droids" hand is just too cool!

Damn you Sideshow!!!

i am not complaining about the price of the figure because it looks like it is justified in the sandtrooper, but is anyone worried that if this figure is a success it might prompt sideshow to up the price of the regular armored figs?? piett will probably be around $80-$90 bucks and if the armored figures start going the route of $110, then i really cant compete in this line. what do you guys think. do you think the price will go back down for the armored figs or is this the future trend with them this year?????

Sideshow's prices are usually a bit all over the place, I don't think they ever just slap a price tag accrross the board for their figures, they do seem to keep it to what is appropriate to them for each figure. Like Vader was more than a Stormtrooper, but rightly so.

I think $110-$120 will be the average price of intricate/uniquely armored figures. Standard Clones and Stormies will be $90, but ROTS Commanders and specialty troops like Biker Scout and Snowtrooper will likely be in the $110-$120 range.

well if the specialty clone troops have this detail of weathering and removable helmets im all for it. i just dont want in six months or a year for the biker scout or snowtrooper to be $130 due to the natural progression price hike that sideshow seems to pull with their star wars stuff.

Back