SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't jump on me for always moaning (I'm trying to be a positive, happy camper - Honest) but does anyone else fell like SS have dropped a boll ock on this exclusive?

It's a little "blah" now, yeah.... In essence we get a hand, though it's really just a duplicate of a hand he already has as well as a small plastic ring.... Just seems a little anti-climactic... And I'm all about the climax baby! :horror

The page for the SS ex says: Hand holding droid part from the Tatooine crash site.... and that's what they gave us.

It's a little "blah" now, yeah.... In essence we get a hand, though it's really just a duplicate of a hand he already has as well as a small plastic ring.... Just seems a little anti-climactic... And I'm all about the climax baby! :horror

The page for the SS ex says: Hand holding droid part from the Tatooine crash site.... and that's what they gave us.

Actually, they gave us "duplicate gun-holding hand with thumb ring." If you want it to be holding the droid part, you need to un-wedge it from the thumb and position it.

I fall into the "preferred it to be attached" camp because one bump and that ring's getting dropped.

- J

I fall into the "preferred it to be attached" camp because one bump and that ring's getting dropped.

- J

It's really all the same, attached or not, but in retrospect it seems far more unspectacular when you think of it as "exclusive small plastic ring". The funny thing is I really thought it was a big selling point initially, and honestly I do still think it's very cool, but now it seems a little lackluster....

I would prefer the droid piece to be fixed to the hand--especially if it is a redundant hand that is already included in the box. But that is beside the point. I understand that production figures commonly have changes from the prototype for cost saving reasons. But isn't this the first time that the exclusive item has been downgraded with reused parts (generic stormtrooper hand and ring)?

Sideshow is a business that needs to watch its bottom line, but changing out this exclusive item feels like a bait-and-switch to me. The figure has already shipped before I saw in hand pics (Sideshow's website was never updated). So if I return it, I won't be saving much money to ship it back and buy the regular somewhere else. But I do feel like not buying directly from Sideshow (with tax) anymore for an exclusive version if this the type of business practice they want to follow.

Yep, that hand was pretty much the only reason I didn't pick this up at my local guy for about $90. I can easily make that little ring for the hand already included. This one is going back to some 'lucky' waitlister.

:lol Just cancelled my Waitlist order...it should have come up soon for fulfillment anyway since I got on the first day. I'll do the same and pick the figure up cheaper later.

I'm not sure I see a problem either. It works. I never would have ordered this just for the ring/hand. I do think the prod ring looks better than the proto ring.

I'm not sure if I understand your perspective Wor-Gar and Flosi. If it wasn't for the new hand and ring, I would not have purchased directly from Sideshow and saved about $20.

the ex seems a bit disappointing but i'll still keep my orders (1 ex and 1 reg). while the sandtroopers are not fantastic, i think they are still quite good compared to those that we have seen so far from other brands.

waiting for the orange trooper now. i will only get one orange trooper though.

I'm not sure if I understand your perspective Wor-Gar and Flosi. If it wasn't for the new hand and ring, I would not have purchased directly from Sideshow and saved about $20.

I understand that part, but the hand you got looks better for the most part. I mean the "ring" piece looks better. So you're saying if you saw a picture of the repeat hand with loose ring prior you would not have ordered this exclusive?

I also thought that this was a molded hand-with-ring, but I think having a loose ring is even better (though easier to lose).

I understand that part, but the hand you got looks better for the most part. I mean the "ring" piece looks better. So you're saying if you saw a picture of the repeat hand with loose ring prior you would not have ordered this exclusive?

I also thought that this was a molded hand-with-ring, but I think having a loose ring is even better though easier to lose).

The trooper already comes with that hand, so in essence your exclusive is just the ring. I would have passed and gotten it somewhere else cheaper. If the sale pending falls through, he is going back.

I think the chief issue people are having with the Exclusive hand is that it isn't a unique hand (which the prototype looks to be) so the extra money some have to pay for Ex. vs. Regular essentially buys a second of a hand included in the set and a tiny loose ring now, which to some doesn't seem worth it and I can understand if the only thing truly unique now is the little ring, that's not much if it costs you extra to get the Ex. version of the figure.

Back