SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get mine. IMOHO I like the paint apps both out of the box and also with the various repaints. I want to get two of these and have one customised and keep one original.

But I think regardless of how this figure or other figures in the Sideshow line tun out, people love to customise and/or paint their figures. I enjoy seeing what people come up with in customising these figures and think that some too, would enjoy altering it or comming up with idea's on how to improve it in their eyes. (I may be wrong...lol).

4048309495_7793faa872_b.jpg

Great again, Rook!

I'm fine with the weathering. Sure it would have been perfect if it looked like the proto, but I think the figure looks great overall. I'll try and find this on the secondary market at a *hopefully* good discount. I'm definitely getting the orange pauldron trooper, though.

I picked up a second of the orange pauldron figures in hopes that I can swap it out for one of these if I end up not being able to find it on the secondary market for a good price. I am bummed that I had to cancel my orders on this one.

I don't think the weathering looks bad, but I would prefer no weathering. I like my troops ready for inspection. That does two things in my opinion.

1) It makes for better troop-building as when they are clean, it is more acceptable for them to be identicle.

2) Seeing as how so many people don't like the weathering and change it anyway, it would save them the step of having to remove the old weathering first. I actually intend to see if I can clean mine up when I get one. I don't expect that to be easy.

I also think that the weathering might be a skill that is a little more easily learned so that those who want weathering, but do not have it, could learn it easily enough. I would be in that group as I do not know how to do it, but I want multiple troopers with different weathering so I will eventually learn.

It might also cut down, a little, on the price (Yeah, I know, figure the odds).

I realize this may be more dead horse beating, but what is wrong with the weathering exactly?

Compared to the prototype, it's a more hard-edged look, which suggests more that it's like the color of the armor beneath the white and battle had chipped the white away, where the proto's softer edges and varying tones suggest dirt smears more.

devilof76's screenshot shows the weathering in the movie (the SE) to be very similar to what we got in the figures. So maybe it was Lucas's camp that told them to darken the weathering? :dunno

Compared to the prototype, it's a more hard-edged look, which suggests more that it's like the color of the armor beneath the white and battle had chipped the white away, where the proto's softer edges and varying tones suggest dirt smears more.

devilof76's screenshot shows the weathering in the movie (the SE) to be very similar to what we got in the figures. So maybe it was Lucas's camp that told them to darken the weathering? :dunno

Yes. It looks just like the film still. I thought screen accurate was a high-priority nitpick.

Which would pretty much make sense if the armor was being sandblasted by the environment. ;)

Back