SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere about older Banthas having hair and younger ones being bald - EU explaining to this. EU is really elaborate sometimes LOL :D

Down that back might look ok, fur instead of spines, but the man around the head like a lion and the weird patch at it's ass just looks goofy.

I llike a combo of the two... The original was meant to be seen from a distance so some of the details are a little rough, while the SE version looks a bit too cartoon-ish...

If by cartoonish, you mean the animation quality, that I agree with, the execution of it on screen wasn't too good but the base design was nice. It looks nice in Mos Eisley when it's just sitting outside the cantina.

If by cartoonish, you mean the animation quality, that I agree with, the execution of it on screen wasn't too good but the base design was nice. It looks nice in Mos Eisley when it's just sitting outside the cantina.

I mean both, but the execution could be effecting my opinion of the design itself... :confused:

Anyway, somewhere in between both film versions, assorted artist interpretations and various toys there's a Dewback I love.... :D

Nah, I like the less slick version... and figure is there was fur on the vintage Kenner there should be fur on all of them :lecture

Nah, I like the less slick version... and figure is there was fur on the vintage Kenner there should be fur on all of them :lecture

:tap I meant that he is in the minority on that one. :lol

Fur on lizards makes for great Sci-Fi, like horns on horses make for great Fantasy. It further separates the world of Star Wars from our own.

This discussion is great, but I still want to know why the weathering is an issue on Sideshow's trooper when it's identical to the film weathering?

Isn't it almost universally hated?

You have a gift for making sense of the senseless. Thanks for showing me the light Nam.

:)

The proto had layers of weathering using different colors of paint to really make the dirt look realistic. The production pieces, on the other hand, seem to have been painted with more of a two step process. There's an overall thin layer of dirt, which is cool, then a second dark and thick layer that's put into all the recesses of the armor. The second layer is a bit heavy for some peoples liking, including myself. There's just too large a contrast between the light and dark layer as compared to the way the proto looked, which was just awesome. Anyway, in hand the Sandtrooper does look great and if you're into customizing it's a lot of fun to strip the old paint app and do your own. Either way, he's cool :D.

You have a gift for making sense of the senseless. Thanks for showing me the light Nam.

:)

If I had a dollar for every time I just closed a window with a reply full of common sense worthy of infractions, vs. just hitting "submit reply," I'd have a small island in the south Pacific with enough cash to have my collectibles flown in straight from Sideshow's warehouse by private water plane. :lol

If I had a dollar for every time I just closed a window with a reply full of common sense worthy of infractions, vs. just hitting "submit reply," I'd have a small island in the south Pacific with enough cash to have my collectibles flown in straight from Sideshow's warehouse by private water plane. :lol

Dude, the teeth counting thing.... every time you mention that it f'n blows me away.... That's got to be the pinnacle of 1/6 ^^^^^ing.

Joker tie pattern comes in at a close second. :lol

Dude, the teeth counting thing.... every time you mention that it f'n blows me away.... That's got to be the pinnacle of 1/6 ^^^^^ing.

Joker tie pattern comes in at a close second. :lol

I'd say that's more like 10th, or 12th.

From Indiana Jones' zipper teeth to the pleats on his pants, the stitching on Vader's cape being too noticeable, the bolts on HT's Iron Man head being 2mm off, the "hawk" on top of the Utapau's head being too far back (the Utapau was where I finally realized these people are insufferable), the list goes on and on...

Look at this Sandtrooper on the left , I think they woke him up late for duty and he didn't get fully dressed , no wonder he runs off and gets shot ...lol

He's also got a pouch hanging from his belt.

sandtrooper_hd_107.jpg

sandtrooper_hd_110.jpg

I'd say that's more like 10th, or 12th.

From Indiana Jones' zipper teeth to the pleats on his pants, the stitching on Vader's cape being too noticeable, the bolts on HT's Iron Man head being 2mm off, the "hawk" on top of the Utapau's head being too far back (the Utapau was where I finally realized these people are insufferable), the list goes on and on...

Yep, that's the kind of stuff that sucks the fun out of collecting for me. There have been threads I've stopped reading because people are so anal about the most miniscule details.

Back