SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was thinking the same thing the other day... if there was no sideshow collectibles most of us would still be kitbashing hasbro 12" star wars... been there, done that... ;) ha thank god for SSC...

Look at this Sandtrooper on the left , I think they woke him up late for duty and he didn't get fully dressed , no wonder he runs off and gets shot ...lol

He's also got a pouch hanging from his belt.

sandtrooper_hd_107.jpg

sandtrooper_hd_110.jpg

Sad thing is for me, seeing these screen caps...If SS would have made those characters instead of what we got, i would have bought atleast one or multiples.An awesome design these troopers are,when made right.The differences in looks from on screen to this figure SS released, are like night and day IMO.

Sad thing is for me, seeing these screen caps...If SS would have made those characters instead of what we got, i would have bought atleast one or multiples.An awesome design these troopers are,when made right.The differences in looks from on screen to this figure SS released, are like night and day IMO.

What, what, what!!!!!!

SSC makes the MOST SCREEN ACCURATE FIGURES AROUND!!!! They can't be beat and they are ^^^^ing GODSSSSSS!!!!!! There is nothing SSC can't do and there are no ^^^^ing companies out there that can beat these guys...not in accuracy, not in quality, NOT IN NOTHIN'! If you don't absolutely worship anything they can ^^^^ out there arses, you must be an absolute idiot! WTF!

Just joking with ya Val...I agree. The less heavy paint option like the prototype would've been my preference too. But they went another way with it...and that's cool if you like that look. Once i can get SSC to send me a Sandie with tight joints, I'm having mine repainted for sure.

Now the ^^^^ing marionette joints is just unforgivable:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its not the weathering that bothers me, its not the joints..its not the droid ring on the EX that people cried about and i don't see why..look at the face..thats the biggest problem, thats the "night and day" difference i am beating a dead horse in the SW threads about..again,and well maybe the jock size as well. lol!.

The thing is, if you can glue the knee plate on the shin armor in production..well,you can glue a black rubber brow across the forehead of the helmet as well(would be great to custom to look more accurate this way,by repositioning the brow on multiples)..just some little design improvements with a properly molded helmet really would have made this figure a must for me.

Last edited:
as for the loose joints. strip him down, tighten hisscrews, and reassemble. i Swapped my general kenobi to a sandtrooper body. LOADS better. he's current y standing without the use of a stand. Sandy body is the best trooper body by far.

as for the loose joints. strip him down, tighten hisscrews, and reassemble. i Swapped my general kenobi to a sandtrooper body. LOADS better. he's current y standing without the use of a stand. Sandy body is the best trooper body by far.

I've tried but it didn't work very well. Its his knees and elbows that have no screws. I can fix him but Id rather SSC replace it. That's what I paid for afterall. I'm sending him back and with SSCs great customer service, I'm sure I'll get a replacement.

My Stormy commander had the best body so far...him and the Utapau troops.

Thanks for the advice bro!

My Sandtrooper has been my best experience with the armor body to date. Nice and tight... SS is getting better with these pro style bodies, IMO.

As far as the black brow that Valfar takes issue with I wouldn't be surprised if it's more a matter of Lucasfilm demanding that these all look uniform.

My Sandtrooper has been my best experience with the armor body to date. Nice and tight... SS is getting better with these pro style bodies, IMO.

As far as the black brow that Valfar takes issue with I wouldn't be surprised if it's more a matter of Lucasfilm demanding that these all look uniform.

I wouldn't worry about Valfart. He thinks the molded-as-one armor and hollow-backed pouches/backpack of the Marmit Sandtrooper are more "screen accurate" and would probably make excuses for the Medicom having an ROTJ helmet. He's one of the insufferable Sideshow haters I was talking about earlier. He's not that bad of a person when shooting the ^^^^, but when it comes to Sideshow's products, he's an irrational basher.

I don't know dude, there's something about the Marmit's that makes them look really cool.
I guess it's the way the armor was designed around the body, it just looks right.
Neither Medicom nor Sideshow have achieved that perfect "look" in my opinion.
As I said, I wish I could get a Marmit just to have all three types.

Marmit did a great job, but there's pleanty to ^^^^^ about with their version as well.... Ankles, Body, Hands etc.... I love Star Wars and I love the Sideshow versions and the Marmit version and if i had one I'm sure I'd love the Medicom version.... :huh

I don't know dude, there's something about the Marmit's that makes them look really cool.
I guess it's the way the armor was designed around the body, it just looks right.
Neither Medicom nor Sideshow have achieved that perfect "look" in my opinion.
As I said, I wish I could get a Marmit just to have all three types.

See, I feel the exact opposite. I hated my Marmits because while they did look good (for their time), you could just see all the shortcuts they took to producing the Sandtrooper and their Stormtroopers. Plus, looking at the finished customized Marmit, it's so easy to forget how much busting ass is needed to get the Marmits to look good. That was made all the more obvious with Sideshow's Stormtroopers. They're like little mini 501st people the way the armor's assembled. The medicom is another story, looking like a 13-year-old boy who pieced together his Sandtrooper outfit by buying Stormtrooper gear off of ebaY.

I wouldn't worry about Valfart. He thinks the molded-as-one armor and hollow-backed pouches/backpack of the Marmit Sandtrooper are more "screen accurate" and would probably make excuses for the Medicom having an ROTJ helmet. He's one of the insufferable Sideshow haters I was talking about earlier. He's not that bad of a person when shooting the ^^^^, but when it comes to Sideshow's products, he's an irrational basher.

:lol:lol:lol Those are the little things that don't bother me as much as the face, everything else, yes while not screen accurate in some places i would let pass..its those helmets that get on my nerves.The biggest reason i like the Marmit so much is because they did a pretty good screen accurate helmet in both styles.The molded as one armor on them does not detract from the look like a really bad likeness on the face would..So, just like you would boil an SS troopers chest armor to fit and look better, you would cut the Marmit armor..remember Marmit is a kit! not sold as a completed 1/6th figure straight out of the box.Its all about the face, outfit comes after IMO.

See, I feel the exact opposite. I hated my Marmits because while they did look good (for their time), you could just see all the shortcuts they took to producing the Sandtrooper and their Stormtroopers. Plus, looking at the finished customized Marmit, it's so easy to forget how much busting ass is needed to get the Marmits to look good. That was made all the more obvious with Sideshow's Stormtroopers. They're like little mini 501st people the way the armor's assembled. The medicom is another story, looking like a 13-year-old boy who pieced together his Sandtrooper outfit by buying Stormtrooper gear off of ebaY.

No sir, SSC took big shortcuts by taking the same Hero version helmet from their Stormtrooper and just re-using it for their Sandtrooper..no Sandtrooper in the films had a Hero style helmet..only stunts with flat green lenses(not bubble).It really doesn't make sense as to why SS made their Stormtrooper a Hero when it could have looked better as a Stunt..thats if they ever molded the helmet correctly,which they did not.

No sir, SSC took big shortcuts by taking the same Hero version helmet from their Stormtrooper and just re-using it for their Sandtrooper..no Sandtrooper in the films had a Hero style helmet..only stunts with flat green lenses(not bubble).It really doesn't make sense as to why SS made their Stormtrooper a Hero when it could have looked better as a Stunt..thats if they ever molded the helmet correctly,which they did not.

I frickin' LOVE Star Wars... I mean I just LOVE it.... But to bother with conversations about Hero and Stunt helmets is just beyond my ability to reason.

I frickin' LOVE Star Wars... I mean I just LOVE it.... But to bother with conversations about Hero and Stunt helmets is just beyond my ability to reason.

I guess, its just about the more you know.To me the differences are huge where to others not so much.I would just like that people see what some of us are talking about,rather then boasting about stuff they don't have a clue about.Marmit still has the best Stormtrooper likeness for both Stunt and Hero..no company has surpassed this.

If you wind up getting one, have a looksee. SS ain't Medicom, they didn't reuse the helmet. There are differences. ;)

Last edited:
I know SS got the markings on the Sandtrooper helmet correct when compared to a Stormie but, all the rest looks like a hero helmet just like the Stormtrooper.I have here just a few pics to show the differences in helmets.First pic has the Hero(Han and Luke wore these) on the left and the Stunt(mostly the standard look seen on screen between Stormies and Sandtroopers) on the right.Stunts had flat lenses and tinted green,the Hero had bubble lenses with a smoke tint,also Stunts had more teeth on the helmets then the Hero and the brow was a lot lower on the Hero and straight compared to the various Stunt helmets.

hero-and-stunt-stormtrooper-armor.jpg

ANH_HD_stunt03.jpg

Last edited:
Back