Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall correctly, a 1/6 scale Statue of Lady Liberty would be about 20 inches from ear to ear. With something that BIG, scale goes right out the window for me.

Maybe someone else can built a true 1/6 scale of her. Maybe Jungle can do it. I think he's moving to a bigger place sometime soon... :lol

Thanks to all for your support! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Wow, Sticks!

That's some collection... and on 16mm. I must say I would love to see Bud and Lou and the Monsters projected on a big screen. Unfortunately, I've only been able to view it on a television screen... about a billion times!

Hey Angel...

I'm moving?

To a bigger place?

Are you surprising me by buying me a mansion on 40 acres?

I'll start drawing up the plans for that "Queensborough Plaza" subway dio right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah the young ape with the shovel... I hope he dosen't bury his repuutation. Look what he's dug up now!

I just had time to snap off this quick pic. I'll post more when I can set aside some more time.

Last edited:
Steve - Thanks a bunch! Whenever you get the chance, I know how busy it is being a general.

JJ - The casket looks very cool. The things I could film with that; Nice B/W of Drac's hands coming out and opening it up very slowly, add some creaky SFX, and some flame flicker... :horror:horror:horror

Ah the young ape with the shovel... I hope he dosen't bury his repuutation. Look what he's dug up now!

I just had time to snap off this quick pic. I'll post more when I can set aside some more time.

Wow! You gotta love that! That's looks so good JJ....

I don't think I can top that...

Last edited:
Thanks Sticks, If you didn't live on the left coast I'd lend it to you.

And Angel, I have no doubt you'll be able to top my "Drac in the Box".

How can I JJ? You're raising the bar again! Your work is just incredible and it just keeps getting better! I really don’t think that can be topped! Not even with the ape coffin as seen in POTA at the ape funeral!

Last edited:
Decal??

Decal???

How would I go about making a Decal??

The last I heard of decals was with my plastic models from my childhood and they were made to be put on plastic.

Could you use them on wood? Any details would be helpful.

Fabric? Gathering? Sewn? Batting? YOUR words, not mine.
Angel, are you joining the sewing circle with me and Kfog?

Jungle, the guy I was going to talk to about making decals is out on vacation for 2 weeks. Try going to goggle.com and type in "making decals". That should be able to help you.

This site says you can put them on wood and make them on your PC. https://www.mcgpaper.com/modeldecals.html

Angel...

You ARE truly an ANGEL and a godsend! I will check out that link and will google "making decals"

Thanks a million buddy!!

Thanks Sticks, If you didn't live on the left coast I'd lend it to you.

And Angel, I have no doubt you'll be able to top my "Drac in the Box".

Yeah Sticks, You really should move to the east coast. If you did, we could all build some cool stuff and then make some stop action movies! Perhaps Jungle can clue you as to where to buy a new home. From what I gather, he's been looking to break out of the big city so he'll have more room for his toys! Maybe you could move down the street from him. :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah Sticks, You really should move to the east coast. If you did, we could all make cool stuff and some stop action movies! Perhaps Jungle can clue you as to where to buy a new home. From what I gather, he's been looking to break out of the big city so he'll have more room for his toys! Maybe you could move down the street from him. :cool:

I grew up in CT and still have family there. I plan to visit sometime late Aug, or Sept.

Are you saying we could have a stop motion - sewing circle? :lol :lol:lol

I still haven't had a chance to send SS that DVD, hopeful soon. :D

What will be the new ape products this year? Does anyone know when sideshow plans on releasing any more info?

Hey Great Ape...

The question is not what products, but IF there will be any ape products. Sideshow has not confirmed any plans as far as I know.

HEY ANGEL...

Thanks for showing support in my "Dracula's Coffin Custom" thread.

We chimpanzees should stick together!

We apes do stick together JJ. I’ve been inspired again. This time around, by your Dracula coffin. In time, after I make the preacher orangutan (in purple attire), there's most likely going to be a ape coffin as seen in the first movie. From memory, it seems though the coffin is a bit Egyptian in style.

This won’t happen for a while… as you already now, there are “other things” to be made first. ~Angel! :angelsmil

Hey Great Ape...

The question is not what products, but IF there will be any ape products. Sideshow has not confirmed any plans as far as I know.

I read in sideshows question blog last month that they said more apes coming in the near future.

Great Ape...

The exact wording was:

"There is a good chance that there will be more apes in the future".

They really have not said there will definately be more Apes. We can always hope!

Back