Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats what puzzles me. If sideshow had no intention of resurrecting this line then why say anything at all? I sure hope that it isn't a PF figure of any sort. I was very happy with Cornelius but after that, I didn't care for them any more. It also seemed that sideshow was putting their efforts into other licenses to i.e. Buffy (before star wars.) I can guarantee that if sideshow made their star wars line the same way they made the ape line the whole star wars universe would have savagely attacked sideshow's HQ. It seems that sideshow intently listens to the SW fans and knows not to release figures with lame exclusives like a paper poster.

When the second wave of beneath figures came out I was anxious for the mutants but upon learning that they were not to include there ceremonial garbs I pulled out quickly. I was really disappointed at the looks and contents of the Caesar figure and refused to buy him.

I've read some very interesting posts on this thread that suggest many great ideas for this line but I doubt that sideshow representatives even check in here. I think the last person to check in here was Q back somewhere around the 100th post. This fact alone made me stop checking this thread, no offense to you die-hard ape fans. It's because of you that this thread is still ranked as one of the most replied to. Kudos to all of you.

Another thing that drove me away from this line was the massive oversights on sideshows behalf to give the collectors something grand and unusual. I like collecting but roto cast sculpts are horrible and need to be banished. There was nothing special about the slave brent except the great low number of 500. The outfit probably cost $1 however and the head-sculpt was the same as the regular, so I skipped this guy as well. I can get an awesome star wars figure fully garbed with tunic, robe, saber, extra hands, and other little gadgets for only $10 more.

I hope you ape fans continue your pursuit to have sideshow make more figures but I also hope you hold sideshow to a higher standard and ask for better quality and more accurate characters with better exclusives. :monkey1

Why is it when you click on the “Site Navigation Home Page” you can find everything from Aliens, Robots, Lord of the Rings, Horror, Marvel, and Star Wars. Yet there isn’t a category for Planet of the Apes, X-files, Buffy, Zombies, etc.?

It’s no wonder this apes thread doesn’t get much attention. You really have to HUNT just to find it. Can the administrators here update the Site Navigation Home Page to include other figures made by Sideshow?

Like GREAT APE said in post #2130 , “I doubt that sideshow representatives even check in here.” Perhaps… it’s because it’s not easy to find. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
When I first built this humble thread there were but a few of us simians faithful to the line that made a home here. Over time we were able to add Urko to the figure line as a new head. Some other fine folks have joined us lately and really rejuvenated the whole Ape way of collecting. The Armando head seems to have really faltered [I still have your $ Stickman, I haven't forgotten you :monkey3] but we are still pressing on. I would love to see the apes get their own section in the navigation area. Truth is though, that I don't think Dave would go throughthe trouble for just the few of us. The Terminators, Predators and Aliens are all getting a ton of customization recognition and therefore bringing in lots of views to see what some of this boards [not to mention the world's] best customizer's are up to. The funny thing about that is that the Preds, Aliens, etc.. are Hot Toys mostly. We are keeping a Sideshow product alive and no one seems to know about it. Look at what just Angel has done with the bearded Taylor, lobotomized Landon, open mouthed apes, horns, flags, whistles and the ape wagon. If that shouldn't be recognized or at least noticed then we are truly lost. Then there's Stick's film. Hell, there's a ton of great stuff in here. How 'bout it Dave? After all this time, doesn't a few haggered apes keeping this thread in the foreground make it worthy of something?
If Sideshow is truly thinking of maybe adding to this line, can't we let them see that this thread is still alive so they could have a place to announce it?

When I first built this humble thread there were but a few of us simians faithful to the line that made a home here.

HOME SWEET HOME :D

[I still have your $ Stickman, I haven't forgotten you :monkey3]
Thanks general, I know I can always count on you!

We are keeping a Sideshow product alive and no one seems to know about it.
I still like to think that Dusty :monkey5, Chris, or Q check in, but I know better.:monkey3

How 'bout it Dave? After all this time, doesn't a few haggered apes keeping this thread in the foreground make it worthy of something?
If Sideshow is truly thinking of maybe adding to this line, can't we let them see that this thread is still alive so they could have a place to announce it?
hey, I like the sound of this as much as I like the customs of Angel and Jom!

How about it Dave? Can the Apes get a little more recognition? I know you've helped us a lot in the past with the awesome banners! :D

Oh yeah, and I forgot; here's my lobotomized Ben Kenobi. He was going to be in my film but the scene was cut due to time restraints. In my original script Lt. Uhura was going to be taken to a cell that included taylor (who originally detonates the bomb in the end sequence) and Lobotomized Ben.
BenasLabotomizedSlave.jpg

We are keeping a Sideshow product alive and no one seems to know about it. Look at what just Angel has done with the bearded Taylor, lobotomized Landon, open mouthed apes, horns, flags, whistles and the ape wagon.

Oh no Ironman, I feel sick! :monkey4

You forgot my "prized possession", The Alpha-Omega Doomsday Bomb. How could you... my ape brother? :confused:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and I forgot; here's my lobotomized Ben Kenobi. He was going to be in my film but the scene was cut due to time restraints. In my original script Lt. Uhura was going to be taken to a cell that included taylor (who originally detonates the bomb in the end sequence) and Lobotomized Ben.
BenasLabotomizedSlave.jpg

In the credits of your full length movie would we have seen...

"Lobotomized John Landon played by Ben Kenobi"?

You can still use other sideshow kits to make your own apes customs such as this Battle for the Planet of the Apes Mutant Soldier!

I think that's a really good resemblance KFOG. Now that's a nice little treasure you found there.

Is that head readily available for others who may want to use him for Burke? What's his name and who makes that head?

Hi Angel! Any follow up with the purchase of this figure yet? Also, are you going to sculpt him into a Burke?:zzwhip

Hi Angel! Any follow up with the purchase of this figure yet? Also, are you going to sculpt him into a Burke?:zzwhip

No, I don't plan on getting a 2nd Burke Kfog. I've already got one. Thanks to a trade Ironman and I made. I already posted pictures of that Burke wearing an astronaut uniform and his new nametag.

However, I did send off to Germany and bought 2 of those Soccer players that Ironman recommended for Virdon. (Pictures of this soccer player figure where posted about 3 weeks ago.) I’m not sure why I bought 2 "Virdons". I guess because the cost of shipping wasn't that much between 1 and 2 figures. Not sure what I'll be doing with the extra “Virdon”. Maybe I'll trade him to someone.

Attached are a couple pictures that I snapped off last night. I have a few Thunderbolt horses (okay 5 horses) from the Johnny West Collection. When standing beside each other, they all looked like STATUES to me... because they were all in the same EXACT pose. Last night, I melted the necks on 4 of the horses and twisted them into slightly different positions. The ape sitting on the horse remains untouched in his original stance. His head is straight, and held up high, as he came from Marx Toys. The other 4 horse heads were all twisted slightly to the left or right. One of the horses, I actually twisted and pushed his head down closer to the ground. Notice how the one horse appears shorter?

Well, it’s time to start the day… today I have plans to do a little something with that old ape wagon. Later ape fans. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Hi Angel! I do remember those Virdon and Burke looking soccer players! Pretty nice likeness for the Virdon. Did they charge you a lot for shipping?:cool:

No, I don't plan on getting a 2nd Burke Kfog. I've already got one. Thanks to a trade Ironman and I made. I already posted pictures of that Burke wearing an astronaut uniform and his new nametag.

However, I did send off to Germany and bought 2 of those Soccer players that Ironman recommended for Virdon. (Pictures of this soccer player figure where posted about 3 weeks ago.) I’m not sure why I bought 2 "Virdons". I guess because the cost of shipping wasn't that much between 1 and 2 figures. Not sure what I'll be doing with the extra “Virdon”. Maybe I'll trade him to someone.

Attached are a couple pictures that I snapped off last night. I have a few Thunderbolt horses (okay 5 horses) from the Johnny West Collection. When standing beside each other, they all looked like STATUES to me... because they were all in the same EXACT pose. Last night, I melted the necks on 4 of the horses and twisted them into slightly different positions. The ape sitting on the horse remains untouched in his original stance. His head is straight, and held up high, as he came from Marx Toys. The other 4 horse heads were all twisted slightly to the left or right. One of the horses, I actually twisted and pushed his head down closer to the ground. Notice how the one horse appears shorter?

Well, it’s time to start the day… today I have plans to do a little something with that old ape wagon. Later ape fans. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

I really like the look of those horses and the open mouthed gorillas. It's funny how just opening their mouths gives the appearance of an new head sculpt. I must try this sometime. Did someone say trade? If you still have that figure and you want to trade maybe wee could talk.

regarding your pictures I can't wait to see an outdoor scene. Your collection is really going to shine. Is that still your old bugle? I remember you saying you weren't 100% happy with it, but it looks great to me. Good luck on the wagon today, can't wait to see some updated photos. We'll I'm off to have a garage sale!:rolleyes:

Oh no Ironman, I feel sick! :monkey4

You forgot my "prized possession", The Alpha-Omega Doomsday Bomb. How could you... my ape brother? :confused:

I apologize my grand simian sibling, you simply have too much for me too recall it all at once without my checklist in hand. :monkey5

Email me BTW, if you'd like to negotiate on the Virdon [hint, hint :monkey3]

Hey Angel! I e-mailed you earlier this morning regarding your Soccer figures. Did you receive the message?:confused:

I accomplished the mixing of purple and brown to create the right color for the Gorilla soldiers shirt and pants. Now it is time to sew them. Ready for the sewing circle Jungle or Angel?:chew:archer

This is my Gorilla Leutenant that will receive the newer material shirt and pants. They are more of a darker purple color than pictured.:monkey5

Man, what a day. Sorry guys, no computer for me because I was given a list of “Honey Do’s” a mile long from my wife. There simply wasn’t any time to be creative today.

Tomorrow, I’m going to be selling a few of my unopened Sideshow apes on eBay. (I thought about putting Benjamin Laugh up for auction on eBay, but since ape a few ape fans seem interested, I’m curious what you guys would like to trade.) One item of interest going up for auction tomorrow will be an Exclusive General Ursus with the submachine gun, still in the box, and unopened. I’m also going to be selling a Dr. Zauis (NOT the Exclusive), but still unopened in the box.

Kfog wanted to know what I paid for the shipping from Germany. I don’t recall the shipping cost, but the total cost was $61.43 for the two figures and the shipping from Germany. Ouch! I’m surprised to see that a few people are interested in the extra Benjamin Lauth Soccer player that I bought from Germany. Like I already said, I don’t really want two. Kfog, Stickman and Ironman, shoot me some e-mail and we’ll talk about possible trades if you guys are interested. If not, I'll understand and simply try to recoupe some of my money out on eBay. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I really like the look of those horses and the open mouthed gorillas. It's funny how just opening their mouths gives the appearance of an new head sculpt. I must try this sometime. Did someone say trade? If you still have that figure and you want to trade maybe wee could talk.

Thanks STICKMAN, once the wagon is done, I'll need two more horse to pull it! (THUNDERBOLT to the rescue!):cool:

Shoot me an e-mail and let's talk about a possible trades.:rolleyes:

regarding your pictures I can't wait to see an outdoor scene. Your collection is really going to shine. Is that still your old bugle? I remember you saying you weren't 100% happy with it, but it looks great to me. Good luck on the wagon today, can't wait to see some updated photos. We'll I'm off to have a garage sale!:rolleyes:

There's no telling when I'll be taking some pictures outdoors. Wait a minute, yes I do! When my backyard looks like Ape City! :rotfl

That bugle pictured is actually the old bugle, but it was seriously reworked. I smoothed out all the areas that I didn't like. I am very pleased with the way it came out. Like most things, it just takes time to get it right.

Hope you make some BIG $$$ at your garage sale. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Back