Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel! I e-mailed you earlier this morning regarding your Soccer figures. Did you receive the message?:confused:

It's almost 4 A.M. and I read it just a little bit ago. (I'm wide awake from all that work I did... can't sleep.) Shoot me an e-mail KFOG, just as I told the other guys and we'll chat. :cool:

I accomplished the mixing of purple and brown to create the right color for the Gorilla soldiers shirt and pants. Now it is time to sew them. Ready for the sewing circle Jungle or Angel?:chew:archer

Sure, I'm ready to sew! I'll go get my thimble and needles. You bring the thread for Jungle and I.:elefant:banana:ted:blissy

This is my Gorilla Leutenant that will receive the newer material shirt and pants. They are more of a darker purple color than pictured.:monkey5

What do you think of this head sculpt? You have it, Ironman has it, Stickman (or was it PZ) had it and gave it to Ironman... and I have it also.

I'm going to do a review on it. (My opinion only. You guys who own it may think I’m way off base, and I can respect that.) “Beauty” is in the eye of the beholder right?

Here goes: One eye is SUPER squinty, and I don't care for that. He also has a very very weird facial expression. (Freeze frame the 1st movie while the gorilla is photographing the other three after the hunt. At least one of them has a very weird facial expression. He looks so silly!

By biggest problem comes when I attach this head to a body. To me, it doesn't blend in well with my Sideshow figures. That bothers me. His neck is way to long. He comes across looking very giraffe-like in my eyes. If you watch the 1st POTA movie, you might say some gorillas had long necks. I would disagree; they had long beards that gave the illusion of a longer neck. Again, my opinion. I'm going to try fixing my gorilla head at some point with a little sand paper wrapped around a large dowel rod about the size of a broomstick. I'm going to sand away some of that resin from the bottom of the head in the areas where his hair touches his shoulders. I’ll leave the “beard” alone and any other hair on the back of his head. This should do away with his giraffe neck appearance, and allow the head to sit lower on his shoulders. I believe this will give the impression of a long beard... without the giraffe neck. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I'm just waking up... (yawn) and thought I'd post a few more pics... by the way, I always attach little tiny pictures that you must click on. I often see peolpe attaching FULL SIZE PICTURES and you don't have to click on those... who can tell me how to that?

I'm having brunch, putting a few things on eBay and then the day is mine! :clap

Last edited:
Wow what a long day. Yeah I had that sculpt but I gave it to Ironman for his birthday. The old general is turning into a Silverback so I figured I would send him a little pick me up.:D

Speaking of PZ, I hope our orangutang friend has been able to film something with his daughter. And PZ, I still haven't made it to the sci-fi museum. :monkey4 Hopefully sometime before this gorgeous summer is over.

Angel, it seems that there are many interested parties for the figure but KFog seems to want it the most, so by all means pass it his way. He jumped on the ball real quick. I have enough figures to last a couple of lifetimes.

Guys, I'm always open to trade. Currently I am interested in environments or 1:6 props so I can make more films. Angel and Jungle seem to be the only ones on this whole board that make outfits or props worthy of real attention. I love the wagon and Jom's casket. It's things like these that really accentuate these figures and help broaden their interaction. I know you guys are very busy but these are the things I enjoy the most. If you ever make multiples of something, I'd always be up to purchase one.

Last edited:
I often see peolpe attaching FULL SIZE PICTURES and you don't have to click on those... who can tell me how to that?
Angel, you have to upload your pics to a site, then copy the url it gives you. Using the 'Insert image' button, which you will see after you click reply, in the area above where you type your reply. Its the bigger yellow square with what looks like a couple of mountains in it, and a black square in the upper right, like a postage stamp.

I think what you are doing is fine. What I have written does make it sound complicated, but its isn't really. There are several sites that host pictures. Some you have to register with. A popular one is 'Image shack'. I use 'Tiny pic'. Here's a link to get you there. https://www.tinypic.com./ Click on browse. Find the pic you want on your computer, then press 'upload now'. You will get several options. Use the one specific to your purpose. The one for forums and message board. Copy the link it supplies you with. I usually paste it into notepad, while I type a reply. Then copy it from notepad, or just paste it into the box that appears when you click the 'Insert image' button. Click OK. Done.

Wow what a long day. Yeah I had that sculpt but I gave it to Ironman for his birthday. The old general is turning into a Silverback so I figured I would send him a little pick me up.:D

Speaking of PZ, I hope our orangutang friend has been able to film something with his daughter. And PZ, I still haven't made it to the sci-fi museum. :monkey4 Hopefully sometime before this gorgeous summer is over.

Angel, it seems that there are many interested parties for the figure but KFog seems to want it the most, so by all means pass it his way. He jumped on the ball real quick. I have enough figures to last a couple of lifetimes.

Guys, I'm always open to trade. Currently I am interested in environments or 1:6 props so I can make more films. Angel and Jungle seem to be the only ones on this whole board that make outfits or props worthy of real attention. I love the wagon and Jom's casket. It's things like these that really accentuate these figures and help broaden their interaction. I know you guys are very busy but these are the things I enjoy the most. If you ever make multiples of something, I'd always be up to purchase one.

I'll keep that in mind STICKS, should I start building duplicates you'll be one of the first people to know! I've got so much going on right now, it's often hard to devote the time I'd like to build this stuff. I'm still working at recreating those pink battle flags for myself. How long has that been now 2-3 months? I only have two flags done at the moment. Three to go! (By the way STICKS, look closely at the 2 pictures I recently posted of the 5 horses with the melted necks. Look at the pink flag being held by gorilla. I made the flag a little different by adding black thread that goes round and round on the flag pole. Perhaps, you'd like to do the same. I like it a little better, it's added detail.

I shouldn't be beating my chest just yet (ape humor), but JUNGLE and I are going into business of making 1:6 scale props. We're going to give WETA a run for their money. We're going to set up the business near his NEW home, that way he'll have lots of room to store all the cool stuff we make. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Angel, you have to upload your pics to a site, then copy the url it gives you. Using the 'Insert image' button, which you will see after you click reply, in the area above where you type your reply. Its the bigger yellow square with what looks like a couple of mountains in it, and a black square in the upper right, like a postage stamp.

I think what you are doing is fine. What I have written does make it sound complicated, but its isn't really. There are several sites that host pictures. Some you have to register with. A popular one is 'Image shack'. I use 'Tiny pic'. Here's a link to get you there. https://www.tinypic.com./ Click on browse. Find the pic you want on your computer, then press 'upload now'. You will get several options. Use the one specific to your purpose. The one for forums and message board. Copy the link it supplies you with. I usually paste it into notepad, while I type a reply. Then copy it from notepad, or just paste it into the box that appears when you click the 'Insert image' button. Click OK. Done.

Thanks Creech, I NEVER would have figured that out on my own! I registered at photobucket a long time ago and never even used it. It didn't seem to have any purpose. Guess I have a reason to use it now huh? Thanks again for the help! Could not have done it without your help buddy. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Question: I was looking at the BUFFY figures. Does sideshow make any kids that are about 6-8 inches tall????

How tall are Xander Harris, Oz, Willow, Vampire Willow, and Vampire Darla? Does anyone know?

Question: I was looking at the BUFFY figures. Does sideshow make any kids that are about 6-8 inches tall????

How tall are Xander Harris, Oz, Willow, Vampire Willow, and Vampire Darla? Does anyone know?

Hey Angel I too use Photo Bucket. Just like Creecher stated; log into your Photo Bucket account and click UPLOAD photo, choose its location on your computer, click upload. After it uploads copy it's URL, come back to Freakboard and Paste it where you want it. TA-DA.

To answer your question regarding Buffy, I know Ironman was a big collector, and maybe Creecher too, so they can help you better. Here is a URL to Michael's review site, one of the best out there IMO. https://www.mwctoys.com/pastreviews.htm

Go to Home or click all reviews. I think he just reviewed some Buffy figures; you can also search for older products of Buffy, its all in there. I hope this helps.

When the Angel Jom store opens I'd like to be the first customer! Thanks my friend:D

Can you guys help me out? I have a question regarding my stop motion short. Can I put it on You Tube? I know I can NOT use it for any commercial gain but am I allowed to at least show it? I've never done you tube but reading their terms for submission I believe my answer would be NO. I still want to send it to Sideshow but there is also another site I'd like to send it to click here to read more: www.gijoefilmfestival.com/

Of course mine would fall under the 12" 1:6 line.

I just wanted to give it a go because it's a hard living on L&I and I would really love a job doing what I love to do. Using these medias would be a great showcase of talent without doing it illegally/ All input will be very helpful, I am low on time however.

Thanks,

Adam

Sideshow doesn't make any 6-8 inch figures. DiD just issued a Hitler Youth but I haven't seen him parted out. I also use Yamato figures for some "younger" characters.

WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW: RED PLANET TOYS HAS THE EXCLUSIVE DR. ZAIUS. I'D CALL THEM FIRST BEFORE ORDERING. ASK THEM WHAT HE HAS ON HIS FEET. IF THEY SAY BOOTS, THAT'S THE EXCLUSIVE. IF HE'S GOT THE MONKEY FEET IT'S NOT.

https://www.redplanettoys.com/rpt_onesixth_other.html

WHO WAS LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE A WHILE BACK? WAS IT CREECHER?

Back