Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back Jungle! You been on vacation? Hello to Ironman and Sticks also! It’s good to hear from you guys! I don't want the suspense to kill any of you so I better share.

I had the idea to make that little gorilla as seen in the first Planet of the Apes movie. I think his name was Little Marcus. (I don’t know if that’s right.) The one we see at the funeral of the gorilla. I also recall, the small human boy on the shoulder of a gorilla being carried from the cornfield. I’ll on the lookout for smaller built figures, which are quality made. I was hoping that Sideshow had already made some like this. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

WHO WAS LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE A WHILE BACK? WAS IT CREECHER?

Wow you really have a good memory. I wasn't looking, at the time, I was waiting for an email notification from Sideshow, that they never sent me, so I could add the Exclusive Zaius to my order. Two weeks later all the apes disappeared.

As it so happens, I scored one off ebay about two weeks ago, and am waiting for it to arrive. I was going to go with Red Planet, because it has been up for quite a while, but the shipping is a killer for me. That's why I was wanting to have Sideshow add it to my order. Just the marauder, FB Taylor, and the Mutant Jailor to go. Slowly getting there.

Last edited:
Just the marauder, FB Taylor, and the Mutant Jailor to go. Slowly getting there.

Nice to see you are still buying them apes Creech. :D

But the last three will be a bear to get at a decent price. I will PM you if I find any deals. I might have a line in a few of them... might not happen for quite awhile... I will let you know if anything develops. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Welcome back Jungle! You been on vacation? Hello to Ironman and Sticks also! It’s good to hear from you guys! I don't want the suspense to kill any of you so I better share.

I had the idea to make that little gorilla as seen in the first Planet of the Apes movie. I think his name was Little Marcus. (I don’t know if that’s right.) The one we see at the funeral of the gorilla. I also recall, the small human boy on the shoulder of a gorilla being carried from the cornfield. I’ll on the lookout for smaller built figures, which are quality made. I was hoping that Sideshow had already made some like this. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

The only figures that size would be Mego's. Of course with the way you are able to rework the heads I'm sure they'd work well.
Oh, and here's Caspy:
POTA-Caspy.jpg

The only figures that size would be Mego's. Of course with the way you are able to rework the heads I'm sure they'd work well.
Oh, and here's Caspy:
POTA-Caspy.jpg

Ironman that looks awesome, what sculpt is that?

Well I submitted my short to the GI JOE film Fest, too bad they'll see it before SideShow.

Ironman....

WHERE DID YOU GET THE JEFF COREY MUTANT FIGURE?????
I'd love to see him in his interrogation robe.
Please tell us where you got him and how much $$$

I'd love to get my hands on one... Or a Victor Buono.

Oh what a tease! Ironman that is your best figure yet! Jom any plans to make the robes? I'm sure all us ape fans would put in orders, a little extra $ for the down payment on your new summer home in the Hamptons.:D

Sticks...

I'm a little more down to earth than to live in the Hamptons, even if I had the money I would opt out of that scene.

But yes I have some plans for the interrogation robes... I just have to find the correct material. I know how to place the metallic embelishments on them.

Just looking for the right cloth.

Sticks...

I'm a little more down to earth than to live in the Hamptons, even if I had the money I would opt out of that scene.

But yes I have some plans for the interrogation robes... I just have to find the correct material. I know how to place the metallic embelishments on them.

Just looking for the right cloth.

It's funny how we're all going down the same path. I know Ironman has the material, and I already have the colored robe materials, along with the metallic embelishments with colored stones. It's like we're all stocking up and waiting for someone to make the first move...who will strike first? :snake:snake:snake ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Thanks guys!! Truth be told the Caspy is a much easier custom than you give me credit for. The head is a Red Planet Toys Sam Elliott "Plumly" sculpt added to a Sideshow mutant body with garb and a pair of Dragon glasses.
As for robes, I have had the material for quite a while, but am lacking in having a good pattern for them. I had thought about either fabric paint or miniature metallic stones for the designs.
I also just threw together a Charlton Heston Omega Man. Pix forthcoming.

Hey! You deserve the credit. You had the VISION to see this figure. I’ve looked at those pictures at Red Planet Toys and never saw it!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Robert Neville! (That was my 2nd fave movie, right behind the POTA as a kid.) You’ll have to create a Mathias in his black robe also! (That would be awesome!) The two of them side by side along with a few others who have the "pretty marks". Dang. Now I have to watch that movie. :)

Now that’s cool Ironman. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I love "The Omega Man" also. It's funny we all have similar tastes. Did Heston demand he be killed off in all his Sci-fi films?

I know he asked for Taylor to be killed off in "Beneath".

I hope the Will Smith re-make of this movie is decent. It has to be better than Tim Burton's re-imagining of "The Planet of the Apes". The trailer looks good and it is set in NYC! They never showed what the plague people looked like.

Oh yeah Angel. They were shooting it all over the city about a year ago.

Its called "I am Legend" based on the Richard Matheson book.

This is the third film version of the book. The first was called "The Last Man on Earth" starring Vincent Price.

I'll try to post a link to the trailer.

Last edited:
Oh yeah Angel. They were shooting it all over the city about a year ago.

Its called the "I am Legend" based on the Richard Matheson book.

This is the third film version of the book. The first was called "The Last Man on Earth" starring Vincent Price.

I'll try to post a link to the trailer.

Yes! I remember the Vincent Price version. I remember VP throwing the bodies into a HUGE pit.

I am currently watching behind the scenes of The Omega Man on my DVD. Did you know that the book was based on Vampires? I didn't know that until right now. They switched it for the Movie with Chuck Heston because "it didn't feel right." The main screenwriter had a PhD in chemistry, chemical warfare and germ warfare. It made more sense (to her) to go with biological warfare.

Yeah Angel...

You should read the book. Matheson is a hell of a writer.

He also wrote a lot of "Twilight Zone" episodes. The standout is the one with William Shatner and the gremlin on the plane. It is called "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".

Last edited:
Back