Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter and I were just talking about finding the book after doing research on the author. There we saw your reference about the Twilight Zone after we googled the author.

Hi Angel! I have an idea of what you can use for the Gor:Drilla child. I will e-mail you the link.:D

Hey all,

Yeah who can ever really have fun and be themselves in the Hamptons? Well I won't lie, maybe I could, if I could afford it. I just spent the last two days at the hospital, still having some issues. Sometimes the pain is unbearable. It sure hurts to see how it affects my wife. The doctors told me this morning that there is nothing more they can do, and this really hurt her.

The "I am Legend" trailer looks awesome. It scares me to think of New York like that. I have too many family members there, 100th and Amsterdam on the west side.

Is there anyway we can all go in for some robes? I can maybe kick down a little funding for the project. It would be awesome to see this take off.

Jom how's that coffin working out? Did you line it yet or are you still taking a break?

Any new updates on that amazing slave wagon Angel?

Some friends in the military forum have sent pics of DiD's new horses. I know Jom you stated they look too "My Little Pony" -esque but they are very happy with them. The prices will have to drop though before I can consider these. Does anyone else to plan to get any of these horses?

Well - I gotta go lay down for a while.

Thanx KFOG. I appreciate your efforts searching for this. There's no big hurry though. Believe me, I'm just LOOKING for a suitable figure... I will be doing this one-day.

Sticks, sorry to hear about all that pain you’re in. Getting old is hard enough on the body without all the serious pain and complications that you have to go through. Rest up my friend.

I've got to get back to work on the ape wagon. I lost a little momentum with my recent vacation. I've been working on it the last 2 days just filling in all the cracks at all the intersecting bars. I’ve also been building up the strength and support of the cage.

I caught the trailer of “I Am Legend” today. I’m looking forward to seeing this flick! There aren’t many movies that I get excited about, but this is one of them! There’s something about this kind of devastation… it’s really cool in the movies!

Take care guys, chat with ya later. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Angel...

I'm nowhere near Amok Time, wish I was. I wouldn't go with that gorilla, it's just too King Kong. I've solved your child sized figure problem, Sideshow will be making hobbits soon. Here is the link.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=3369

I'm sure with the new body size it will open the door for the young John Connor from the "Terminator 2" and many other small in stature figures.

Sticks...

I'm very saddened to hear that your health problems persist. It's just a shame the doctors can do nothing for you. Just try and have a positive outlook as you get through the day.

I have painted the coffin I'm not sure I like the color I'm going to live with it for a while and see. I haven't lined it yet as I have yet to find suitable material.

Oh and yes... I've seen that DiD horse in person at "The Forbidden Planet"
store here in NYC and my opinion hasn't changed. To my eye It isn't realistic looking even more so in person.

If I had the time [and money :monkey3] I could live in Amoktime for at least a short while. While very "Kong-ish" I could certainly make use of a 1:6 version of that head though, thats for sure.
Oh, and as cool as that trailer seems, Smith is NOT Robert Neville.

Last edited:
Speaking of Robert Neville, where is he Ironman? Everytime I log onto SSF now I'm hoping to see what you've made. If I were to make Robert Neville, I'd try to use the clothes he wears at the beginning of the movie. I'd really like to see what you've done buddy... post it soon!

Last edited:
Angel...

I'm nowhere near Amok Time, wish I was. I wouldn't go with that gorilla, it's just too King Kong. I've solved your child sized figure problem, Sideshow will be making hobbits soon. Here is the link.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=3369

I'm sure with the new body size it will open the door for the young John Connor from the "Terminator 2" and many other small in stature figures.

Ewwwwww! Aaaaaaaah! Oooooooh! I really like those little hobbits JUNGLE! They would be perfect! I just bought the Anakin Skywalker 6" figure (1/6 scale), which KFOG located for me.

He's still a little on the short side for my needs, but I'll get him to work. Ideally, I wanted a 7" figure. I may have to lengthen young Skywalkers legs a little bit... before I convert him into a gorilla child.

Last edited:
Sticks...

I hate to beat a dead one, but getting back to that DiD horse...

I just paid another visit to our little pony at the Forbidden Planet here in NYC. I had to go, there was just something nagging me about it. So I went to study it and figure out it's problems.

First off, don't buy or not buy based on my or others opinions, and please please do not buy it based on photos. You have to see it in person.

The first thing that to me is off is the width of the body. It is extreeeeeeamly wide. At least 5" wide if not more. At that width any figure pearched on top of it will look like he is doing the splits. Posing any figure riding this thing will be akward at best. The stomach is flat! The sides of the horse don't taper down to the sternum and stomach. It's just flat across. Nothing like a real horse.

Like I said don't base purchasing this figure on my opinion. Just make sure you see it in person before you get it. Do not order it without seeing it, based on photos!! You'll be sorry. I promise.

From the West Coast I say good morning all.

I doubt I'll be getting it but It's great to hear so many reveiws and opinions on it. It really helps, and I can always wait. The news on the new scale Hobbits is great, I can't wait, especially for the Orcs, Jawas, ugnauts, and many more figures that this new scale has opened the door for.

I haven't seen Battle for POTA in over fifteen years and was wondering what was the name of Caesars son, the one that General Aldo kills when he chases him up a tree and he falls, was it Cornelius? I always thought that it didn't seem right that that was his name.

Caesar named his son, Cornelius, after his father.
Neville is forthcoming as soon as I can get my camera to keep a battery charge. :monkey2

Hey Angel...

I have that Anakin figure and you won't need to lengthen the legs, you may have to shorten them. He stands about 8 and 1/2".

I bought him to make him into Short Round from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" to go along with a Hasbro Han Solo I converted into Indy.

I never got that far on the kid. Indy came out ok. The clothes were great. The hat not so good and I ended up disliking the head sculpt. It's all moot I think with the introduction of the hobbits we'll be seeing an Indy and Short Round from Sideshow in the near future.

Another thing about that figure, Angel. The pants are glued to the top of the boots and the boots are glued on and are not made to be removed. The good news is that you will be able to cut them off. There are legs underneath the boot plastic. I can't remember if there are feet under there though.

There is also no swivel to the elbows or knees. The hips and sholders are ball jointed and have full movement. There is also no ball joint in the head, but it can pivot.

You may just want to wait for the "Sideshow" hobbits.

Ironman...

I am looking forward to your "Omega Man" Heston also. I'm betting he will be wearing the military hat. It would be great if you could get a 1/6th bust like he had in the movie to play chess with!

Hmmmmm...
1/6th scale busts...

Hey Angel... Ever think of making plaster mutant busts as seen toward the end of "Beneath"?

Last edited:
Hey Angel... Ever think of making plaster mutant busts as seen toward the end of "Beneath"?

You're spoiling everything JJ! I cannot lie... yes, I have thought about doing the busts. In fact, I’ve already researched them and the funny thing is… they are all the same bust! When they made the movie they must've made just one bust using a mold, painted them different colors and then put them on different styles of pedestals.

Considering I already won Anakin on eBay, I guess he'll be the one getting one major hack job. It sounds like it will be lots of extra work for me after you told me all these details (unfortunately, a little late, but that’s okay.) Sounds like Anakin will be getting melted with the heat gun, chopped up with a hack saw and sculpted into something altogether different. On the up side, I'll bet the hobbits will be very expensive compared to young Skywalker.

Hey Angel...

I have that Anakin figure and you won't need to lengthen the legs, you may have to shorten them. He stands about 8 and 1/2".

Really? Eight and a half inches? I knew he was 1/6 scale, but I thought he was a 6 inch figure based on the following info from the following website.

Only Hasbro Can Come Up With a 12" Figure thats 6" This 12 inch figure is actually 12 inch scale, meaning, it is really 6 inches.

https://www1.epinions.com/content_185196252804

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Back