Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Angel... 8 and 1/2" I swear. I'd take a picture of him next to a ruler for you but I don't have the energy today. I had an early call... had to be in at work at 5:15, OUCH! You'll see when he arrives.

By the way do you mind me asking what you paid for him?

Who is this Neville person that everyone is talking about? I think that I missed something here!:confused:

Who is this Neville person that everyone is talking about? I think that I missed something here!:confused:

Robert Neville is the main character in that 70's movie called “The Omega Man”, played by Charlton Heston. We've been chit chatting, about the new movie coming out in December 2007 called “I Am Legend”. These 2 movies are based on a book from the 50’s called “I Am Legend”.

Ironman created a Robert Neville figure using one of his Sideshow Charlton Heston figures. I'm hoping he posts pictures of Neville soon... hint, hint.

Hey Angel...

Are you going to ask Ironman to give you a step by step tutorial on how he made that figure?

I had the idea to make that little gorilla as seen in the first Planet of the Apes movie. I think his name was Little Marcus. (I don’t know if that’s right.) The one we see at the funeral of the gorilla. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Angel, Here's a picture of Little Marcus. This picture may be helpful to you since it shows his entire body. :chew

Sideshow should really make a limited run (an Exclusive) of the gorilla child. It would be neat if they took advance orders as they do with some of their others figures. :idea

That would be really neat. :mexwave

Last edited:
You're welcome. How is that ape wagon coming along? It looks like there are many of us who are looking forward to seeing it's progress. Post some more pictures as time allows.

Last edited:
Hey Angel...

Are you going to ask Ironman to give you a step by step tutorial on how he made that figure?

<ouch!!>
I will be posting pix as soon as I get my camera to work. it won't hold a charge long enough to snap a picture. :monkey2
LOTS!!! coming. POTA, Trek, robots, USCM's, Terminators.....and Neville!!

Stickman, I was never convinced that Caesar's son Cornelius was the Cornelius of the earlier films.

Sorry Ironman... just a playful jab, no harm intended.

Hope you fix your camera's illness. I for one can't wait to see what you've done and am looking forward to it.

Cesar's son Cornelius was most definately not the Cornelius of the first movie the timeline is all wrong. That Cornelius will not be born for ages according to the Icarus on board clock.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Welcome to the board Shompdog! We're always up for new recruits.

IM- can't wait to see those Trek photos. Would it be TOS or later?

Hey I just got some great News! My film made it into the GI Joe film festival!! Woo Hoo!

Here is the web address (see below) if you want to read more: I hope the Apes will get a little more recognition after people see this. Too bad I won't be able to attend, It would be nice to hear the crowd when it's up on the big screen for it's second time.

A World's Desire
https://www.gijoefilmfestival.com/

here's the letter I just received:

Hi Adam!

Yeah!

Got your film today! You're in!!!!!!!!
I already included it as part of the festival's line up. Please check the
website (www.GIJoeFilmFestival.com). I hope the write-up is ok.

THANK YOU !!!!!! I'll keep you posted of any changes, otherwise keep an eye
on the website.

I chose to use the extended version, obviously. Man, that is one beautiful
film. Awesome!
I'm not sure if I can use the "WWII German Bike" film....it will all depend
on time. It's nicely made though. We'll see....We have a few days to decide.

Also, the 5 piece judging committee will be announced shortly (hopefully in
the next week).

THANK YOU AGAIN ADAM!

All the best !!!

Gio

Last edited:
Sticks...

I'd say that congratulations are in order. I'm very happy for you. That wonderful film of yours needs to be seen by audiences. Here's hoping the judges will bestow an honor or two or three on it. I, and I'm sure all the other apes here, are pulling for it to come out on top! You put a lot of work into it and deserve every accolade you get!

I have encouraged my son to do what you did. Enter his CGI animated films in as many appropriate festivals as he can. His college studies are meaningless in the business. He has to build a demo reel, practical experience, honors, and make contacts. That is the way to get a job in that business.

"What can you do? and how well and fast and cheep can you do it for me"

My son is currently working on his demo reel this summer instead of getting a summer job. I think its time well spent. It will serve him well in the future.

Once again good luck, Sticks. Knock em dead!

Congrats Stickman, It great to see that something is happening with that superb
stop action film you made! There is something in it for everyone, and I know it will do very well against the competition. This has got to be a very exciting contest for you. This may turn out to be a really nice feather in your cap!

Here’s wishing you the best of luck.
~Angel ~ :angelsmil

P.S. I hope you make many more of these wonderful films!

Thank you so much guys, it really means a lot. You guys have always supported me, I'm on cloud nine. I may just have to make it to Colorado this Sept.

I just got back from an antique store and bought two items. One was a 16mm short Woody Wood Pecker to add to my collection and another was a small POTA gorilla soldier, I thought that it was one of those Medicom figures, unfortunately it was a Hasbro version :eek: Oh well, anything POTA related is fine by me.

There are plans to keep going with the Stop motion, the only thing I really need are items for Mise-en scene. PROPS, PROPS, PROPS

Can't wait for Angel/Jom store to open! And of course, when it's all done my Ape friends will get a copy. :D

Jom- Your son is very fortunate to have a guiding light as bright as you. He will make you proud!

Back