Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you ment Sticks. Sometimes my number 2 son stops in here to see what his crazy Dad is talking about and couldn't resist putting in the "prouder" line to give him a little more incentive.

gotta keep him motivated. Do you think that SS will announce something POTA related at SDCC?

Is there a place at the Sideshow website where you can petition for more Planet of the Apes 12" figures? I am ready and willing to go as long as it will take to get somemore made!:tap

Here are a couple pictures I just snapped off this morning as several folks have asked to see the progress.

I've added the bench leg supports and added the supports underneath the platform where the riders feet rest. I put the emergency brake in near the rider (a long pole), and constructed a support beam near the two rear doors.

I'm not sure you'll be able to read what I wrote: Basically, I need a lot of little things done yet. Add oversized brake pads, door hinges, add the barred window behind the driver, add a whip and knife beside the driver, add a locking mechanism on both rear doors, add rivets all over the place, add some molding around the rear doors, paint a couple horses to pull this wagon, create the horse-poles that hook up to the first horse so he can pull the wagon, create the leather straps and harnesses for both pull horses, and then of course… painting. Lord only knows what else I forgot!

Little by little… I’ll get there. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Is there a place at the Sideshow website where you can petition for more Planet of the Apes 12" figures? I am ready and willing to go as long as it will take to get somemore made!:tap

My wife is hoping that Sideshow doesn't make any more apes. I can't say I agree with her. If they make another 12 inch ape figure... it's going to be mine! :ccheerlea:ccheerlea:ccheerlea

Angel...

I would have put money onthat break of yours being in the wrong place. I remembered it being to the left of the driver not centered between the driver and passenger.

However after reviewing the wagon scene in "Beneath", I have to report that I was totally mistaken. Once again, you are right on the money!!!

That wagon of yours is just incredible.

Just for fun... As Sticks has alluded to, You open a 1/6th prop house. How much would a wagon like that cost at retail? My guess... $2,000 plus.

Here are a couple pictures I just snapped off this morning as several folks have asked to see the progress.

I've added the bench leg supports and added the supports underneath the platform where the riders feet rest. I put the emergency brake in near the rider (a long pole), and constructed a support beam near the two rear doors.

I'm not sure you'll be able to read what I wrote: Basically, I need a lot of little things done yet. Add oversized brake pads, door hinges, add the barred window behind the driver, add a whip and knife beside the driver, add a locking mechanism on both rear doors, add rivets all over the place, add some molding around the rear doors, paint a couple horses to pull this wagon, create the horse-poles that hook up to the first horse so he can pull the wagon, create the leather straps and harnesses for both pull horses, and then of course… painting. Lord only knows what else I forgot!

Little by little… I’ll get there. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Sending pictures of this soon to be finished wagon to the Sideshow creators will surely inspire the continuation of the POTA line. Go for it Angel! This thing is incredible! Very well done!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Angel...

I agree with Kfog, You absolutely must forward some shots of that wagon to "Sideshow".

It may give them an idea or two!!

Angel...

I would have put money onthat break of yours being in the wrong place. I remembered it being to the left of the driver not centered between the driver and passenger.

However after reviewing the wagon scene in "Beneath", I have to report that I was totally mistaken. Once again, you are right on the money!!!

That wagon of yours is just incredible.

Just for fun... As Sticks has alluded to, You open a 1/6th prop house. How much would a wagon like that cost at retail? My guess... $2,000 plus.

Wow JUNGLE, you should work Quality Assurance somewhere. You definitely have an eye for details! If you worked at a place like Sideshow, everything would have to be right with you at the helm… or nothing would get through QA. (The helmet of General Ursus and his gun holster on the wrong side of his body immediately comes to mind.)

Regarding the prop house you mentioned JJ. Are you referring to “Angel and Jungles Prop House?” Should we start taking advance orders for $2,000 per wagon? ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Back