Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jom get some sleep. Posting at 4AM is dangerous. Thanks for the photos hopefully I'll get some up today, going stick hunting now.

Shaun-O have a good time tomorrow, let SS know how much you enjoyed the Ape license. Let us know what you thought of SDCC.

Thanks for posting the pictures Jungle! They helped out a lot. I know how important sleep is and am in the same boat as you at times. I find that a good mattress is the main key and sticking with the same sleep pattern times is also important.

Now for sticks! I noticed that a lot of people from this forum have painted their Gorillas faces brown. I think that they look a heck of a lot better that way. Any ideas for the paint scheme would be much appreciated. Thanks!:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Kfog, glad you like the brown face. I personally used Tayami Flat Brown (XF-10), you can find this paint at many hobby stores. It comes from Japan and works well with many medias. When I get back from the hospital later today i will be working on my banners. I hope this helps, oh yeah leave a little bit of black around the eyes as this will help add depth and character to the sculpt.

Hey Kfog, glad you like the brown face. I personally used Tayami Flat Brown (XF-10), you can find this paint at many hobby stores. It comes from Japan and works well with many medias. When I get back from the hospital later today i will be working on my banners. I hope this helps, oh yeah leave a little bit of black around the eyes as this will help add depth and character to the sculpt.

Much appreciated Stickman! I will check that paint out. Thanks!:cool:

I've used the paint pens, Liquitex, and just got some Testors Model Master Acryl.
I hope to be trying that last one soon.

Hi Ironman! So just use one coat of brown Tayami Flat Brown (XF-10) for the face then? Thx.:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
Can the answer be?

"A promise made is a debt unpaid." ~Robert Service

Right you are Sticks! From "The Cremation of Sam McGee"

Be Honest did you know that? or did you use the google magic?

Now who was renown for awarding people with "a Brass Figlagee with Bronze Oak Leaf Palm"?

Anyway... What a difference a few hours sleep make. I'm a new man!

A few comments about the protest signs, I forgot to mention I cut a notch in the horizontal stick so the fit with the virtical stick would be more secure. I was also amazed that my bad paint apps and penmanship skills worked well to make my signs a good copy of the originals in "Beneath". This is the first project I've worked on that I did absolutely no research by pausing the films involves. I just loved the freedom of it.

Now I've got to make five more, six in total. I must be ready when the Generals order comes!

Last edited:
Right you are Sticks! From "The Cremation of Sam McGee"

Be Honest did you know that? or did you use the google magic?

Now who was renown for awarding people with "a Brass Figlagee with Bronze Oak Leaf Palm"?

Anyway... What a difference a few hours sleep make. I'm a new man!

A few comments about the protest signs, I forgot to mention I cut a notch in the horizontal stick so the fit with the virtical stick would be more secure. I was also amazed that my bad paint apps and penmanship skills worked well to make my signs a good copy of the originals in "Beneath". This is the first project I've worked on that I did absolutely no research by pausing the films involves. I just loved the freedom of it.

Now I've got to make five more, six in total. I must be ready when the Generals order comes!

Lol, I will be honest, I used the great medicine of google magic. :monkey4

Jom your signs look great. I tried to make three signs when I got home but they came out really bad. :monkey2 I used an old white T shirt and hand wrote the signs with a black Sharpie. They read, "We Want More Apes", "No More Monkeying Around Make More Apes Please", and "SideShow or Bust"

Kfog I applied the paint as evenly as I could, just one coat should do it. I'm not really a craftsman and it was easy for me so I think you'll do a great job. Let us know how it goes.

Was it Gene Bergmann?

Sticks don't dispair!

These protest signs need not be perfect... They can't be that bad! Just look at the signs the peace loving chimps in "Beneath" were carrying.

This is not an art show... It's a revolution!

Get in line soldier and await your marching orders from the General!

By the way you almost got the first name right... It's Jean not Gene.
And even though it is spelled Jean it is not a woman...

By the way...

Where is Angel?

Not one post today?

That Wagon must be looking real by good now!!!!

Sticks don't dispair!

These protest signs need not be perfect... They can't be that bad! Just look at the signs the peace loving chimps in "Beneath" were carrying.

This is not an art show... It's a revolution!

Get in line soldier and await your marching orders from the General!

By the way you almost got the first name right... It's Jean not Gene.
And even though it is spelled Jean it is not a woman...

Forgive this gorilla, I saw the Lawgiver bleeding tears and it scared me.

I will snap some phots in the morning.

Angel - Angel - Angel

He must be busy getting that jem painted :chew

Did someone mention cremation?

:emperor

On a side note, wasn't there an official mention of more apes down the track. It's a long way there. I wonder what they have got in mind.

On a side note, wasn't there an official mention of more apes down the track. It's a long way there. I wonder what they have got in mind.

More like a hint at thare possibly being a revisit to the line. I would love to at least hear what they'd like to do. It may prove enough to prolong interest.

Hi Jungle or anyone interested! I would like to lengthen the hair and add a beard to this figure to make a human from the POTA. what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Hey Kfog...

I would use crepe hair. It comes in braids and needs to be straightened by ironing. It can be obtained in many different colors and is very inexpensive. Here is a link.

https://www.aboyd.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ABC 20-203

I've used it to put hair on my Hasbro apes hands and a Nova I made from a GI Jane before Sideshow got the liscence. Here are a couple of shots.

I just snapped off a few shots of my protest banners. I've got three completed and three to go. Now I've got to come up with three more slogans.

Thinking up the slogans is the hardest part of this project. Construction and paint is a breeze. The lettering being messy perfectly mimics the look of the signs in "Beneath"!

Hey Kfog...

I would use crepe hair. It comes in braids and needs to be straightened by ironing. It can be obtained in many different colors and is very inexpensive. Here is a link.

https://www.aboyd.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ABC 20-203

I've used it to put hair on my Hasbro apes hands and a Nova I made from a GI Jane before Sideshow got the liscence. Here are a couple of shots.

Hi Jungle! I always thought that you captured the perfect likeness of a female human from the Apes movie. That loin cloth is great how it hugs the body with the tatters cut out perfectly. I appreciate the pictures and the website. Thanks, Kent.:cool:

Back